Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MSU/Alabama basketball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman79 View Post
    Anyone else notice 0 give the crowd the bird when he fouled out?
    Yeah I saw that, camera quickly got off him. That was funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Mighty quiet thread for a REAL nice victory..
    We need to go 2-2 these next 4.. Beat OM at home and get a road win..
    These next 4 games could very well define our season.

@Florida
    OM
    @UK
    @TTU

Definitely need to go 2-2 but 3-1 would be amazing and would set us up to have a little cushion on the bubble. 3 prime Q1 opportunities. Play like we did yesterday and there?s no reason we can?t win all 4. Just have to punch back when the other team makes their run.

vCash
    We dropped 1 spot in NET to 48th. Ark jumped 31 spots. Bama dropped 1 spot. We do have a Q1 and Q2 win now though

vCash
    I couldnt watch the game last night but I just finished watching the replay. Great win and hopefully this can get some butts in the seats next Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    These next 4 games could very well define our season.

@Florida
    OM
    @UK
    @TTU

Definitely need to go 2-2 but 3-1 would be amazing and would set us up to have a little cushion on the bubble. 3 prime Q1 opportunities. Play like we did yesterday and there?s no reason we can?t win all 4. Just have to punch back when the other team makes their run.
    Win 3 and we would be off the bubble, solidly in.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Win 3 and we would be off the bubble, solidly in.
    We're not on the bubble after yesterday. We're comfortably in. Now 3-1 over the next 4 & we start talking about how high a seed we can be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We're not on the bubble after yesterday. We're comfortably in. Now 3-1 over the next 4 & we start talking about how high a seed we can be.
    Sure, but it's still too early for that to mean much. We would be in today, but could easily be right back on the bubble in a week.

vCash
    At Kentucky and then At Texas Tech is a brutal week. Especially following a must win rivalry game. Very tough two week stretch. We should all be thrilled with 2-2 if we can make it happen. Can't lose to Ole Miss at home, then find a way to win 1 on the road. Anything more is gravy, and very big gravy at that.

Beat Florida and Ole Miss this week, and all the sudden things get very interesting. Go 3-1 or 4-0 over the next 4 and the Hump will be sold out versus Soukerlina
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 01-16-2022 at 11:34 AM.

vCash
    3 Q1 win opportunities in the next 4 games.

vCash
    Correct.. hell 2-2 we are solidly in.. that would a road win over a team that’s at worse a quad 2

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Kermit vs Howland was 3-3 going into the season. Kermit won at home, Howland will likely do the same.
    Howland has had a much more talented team than Kermit every year. Kermit has his # in that he punches well above his weight against us.

Banned
    vCash
    https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-to.../bracketology/

Based on this, we're in the 11 seed grouping. I consider the 11s personally as the "bubble". Top 40 in NET is off the bubble. According to that site, 21 wins puts us at 85% in. So 9 wins across our remaining 16 + sec tourney. Looking at the schedule that is doable, we just have to do it.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...ness-men-field

On Lunardi's we are the last 4 byes on the bubble.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

On this I'm not sure if it's up to date as of today but it's the composite that I follow. Has us as 11 as well but a lot aren't updated. And of those that are i'm not sure if 1/15 is EoD or BoD. Will check it tomorrow to see where we move.
    Last edited by Tater; 01-16-2022 at 12:46 PM.

vCash
    We need probably 2 more wins on par with the Bama win and no more than 1 or 2 more WTF losses

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-to.../bracketology/

Based on this, we're in the 11 seed grouping. I consider the 11s personally as the "bubble". Top 40 in NET is off the bubble. According to that site, 21 wins puts us at 85% in. So 9 wins across our remaining 16 + sec tourney. Looking at the schedule that is doable, we just have to do it.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...ness-men-field

On Lunardi's we are the last 4 byes on the bubble.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

On this I'm not sure if it's up to date as of today but it's the composite that I follow. Has us as 11 as well but a lot aren't updated. And of those that are i'm not sure if 1/15 is EoD or BoD. Will check it tomorrow to see where we move.
    They haven't updated yet. The win puts on the 9 line 10 at worst. We go 3-1 in the next 4 then we're 15-5 with at least 2 more Quad 1 wins. That would put us on the 6-7 line.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Shhhhhh. Don?t let facts trump the narrative... before too long some will blame CBH for baseball or football losses
    I see you take a lot of personal defense of Howland which is similar to a lot of Leach-truthers. The difference is that one just finished year 2 and one has only had one season where he at least matched his talent or punched above it (and to howland's credit, regular season wise we punched above that year. postseason we snapped back to reality.)

He's constantly under punching his talent. Which, while yes, he's a great recruiter and has brought great talent to this school, it's just frustrating to be punching so low. With our schedule we should be at worst 15-1 right now. We've had it very very easy. And Alabama was the best team we've played. You could chalk the Louisville loss up to injuries, but the Minnesota / CSU / OM games should have been wins and we lost to a team worse than us. No ifs ands buts. Kermit constantly brings his best against us and we don't bring our best. If we lose the Egg next year then Leach is going to have the same issue there. Regardless of sport, State fans view losing to OM as 4+ losses in weight. Doubly so when they are less talented than us. It kills fan momentum for an already tough sell basketball wise.

(I generally would rather watch my Pelicans more than watching State because the brand of basketball is such a slog and the effort that is displayed isn't a normal State team).

All that to say, a win like this, a win over OM, and a win over UK (the Florida / TT are gravy but ultimately irrelevant to fanbase perception comparatively) and after the UK game, the fanbase will be ALL IN. And it's doable. Top 25 talent. We could very well go 4-0. But win the two important ones and the fans will be in it.

Case in point, getting the kentucky monkey off of our back made the fan base energized last year through the NIT run. Howland has a golden opportunity to do so again. I personally think even just the kentucky win will be huge. But an OM loss would make the week preceding that game to be difficult. But looking at it, 9-10 wins locks us solidly in. Win against OM/UK and make the tourney and he's earned himself two more years.

Banned
    vCash
    They haven't updated yet. The win puts on the 9 line 10 at worst. We go 3-1 in the next 4 then we're 15-5 with at least 2 more Quad 1 wins. That would put us on the 6-7 line.
    The top one did update. Prior to the game yesterday we were in the next 4 out below minnesota. That's why I called that one out specifically, sorry for omitting that.

vCash
    The top one did update. Prior to the game yesterday we were in the next 4 out below minnesota. That's why I called that one out specifically, sorry for omitting that.
    No worries. A 3-1 stretch here would put us in a great position. 2-2 & we're still in just not as comfortable.

vCash
    Looks like that site projects tourney on how they see season playing out. They have us at 19-12. If that's our record, I think they're right. I think we have a shot to be better than that though

vCash
    That was a game we lose every other Howland year. Maybe this team is different. I like it.

vCash
    I see you take a lot of personal defense of Howland which is similar to a lot of Leach-truthers. The difference is that one just finished year 2 and one has only had one season where he at least matched his talent or punched above it (and to howland's credit, regular season wise we punched above that year. postseason we snapped back to reality.)

He's constantly under punching his talent. Which, while yes, he's a great recruiter and has brought great talent to this school, it's just frustrating to be punching so low. With our schedule we should be at worst 15-1 right now. We've had it very very easy. And Alabama was the best team we've played. You could chalk the Louisville loss up to injuries, but the Minnesota / CSU / OM games should have been wins and we lost to a team worse than us. No ifs ands buts. Kermit constantly brings his best against us and we don't bring our best. If we lose the Egg next year then Leach is going to have the same issue there. Regardless of sport, State fans view losing to OM as 4+ losses in weight. Doubly so when they are less talented than us. It kills fan momentum for an already tough sell basketball wise.

(I generally would rather watch my Pelicans more than watching State because the brand of basketball is such a slog and the effort that is displayed isn't a normal State team).

All that to say, a win like this, a win over OM, and a win over UK (the Florida / TT are gravy but ultimately irrelevant to fanbase perception comparatively) and after the UK game, the fanbase will be ALL IN. And it's doable. Top 25 talent. We could very well go 4-0. But win the two important ones and the fans will be in it.

Case in point, getting the kentucky monkey off of our back made the fan base energized last year through the NIT run. Howland has a golden opportunity to do so again. I personally think even just the kentucky win will be huge. But an OM loss would make the week preceding that game to be difficult. But looking at it, 9-10 wins locks us solidly in. Win against OM/UK and make the tourney and he's earned himself two more years.
    I stopped reading after the 3rd “punching” reference .