Thread: MSU/Alabama basketball

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    True, and I think we'll see a big crowd Saturday and going forward hopefully. Unfortunately we dont have another Saturday home game for like a month after Saturday.
    I hope you're right. I'll say this & leave it alone. If things this season hold like they should, this would be the 4th time in the last 5 seasons that we'd finish top half of the SEC. This program deserves more support. Again not sellouts but 6-8k consistently for SEC games isn't an unreasonable expectation.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I hope you're right. I'll say this & leave it alone. If things this season hold like they should, this would be the 4th time in the last 5 seasons that we'd finish top half of the SEC. This program deserves more support. Again not sellouts but 6-8k consistently for SEC games isn't an unreasonable expectation.
    Marketing sucks. Product is uninspiring and bland basketball. Success is non-existent, our last Tourney win was 14 years ago. There was a better show in town for a while. Covid kinda still is a thing whether we want it to be or not. The seating arrangement is ass for both Students and long time ticket holders who were alienated with the reseating.

Yea you've got your 5k or so die-hards that make every game that's feasible, but you're average poster here isn't reality. You've got dumbasses like Ari calling people stupid for not supporting this when he clearly hasn't spoken to anyone other than a mirror since march 2020.

How the hell do you sell going to a basketball game to someone who doesn't go right now? Why make the drive, fight awful traffic, pay for parking, watch an uninspiring product, most likely get disappointed, fight awful traffic back... all the while in the middle of a pandemic. Because of a sense of duty to the school? That may work on you, me, or your average forum poster. But it doesn't work on the average joe. What incentive are we giving kids to come?

You can say I'm complaining and nitpicking and spoiled, but I'm telling you people who point these things out aren't speaking about things that stop them. I'm telling you what stops my fellow alumni, what stops students now. The Griss got packed out for volleyball when those girls kicked it up a notch. The Hump got packed out when those girls kicked it into overdrive. The mens team just isn't doing anything to inspire the sidewalk fan.

Part of the problem is the marketing of everything but baseball needs an overhaul. I'm about to the point myself where I'm gonna just bang on Cohen's door to let me help set up a school program to revolutionize State's digital content and vastly improve social media presence. I do similar shit for a living and have almost built up enough of a nest egg to take on a passion job at a big pay cut to fix this mess.

But really, I'm curious how you people think you can attract someone to going to these games that currently has 0 interest other than "school duty." I'll hang up and listen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Marketing sucks. Product is uninspiring and bland basketball. Success is non-existent, our last Tourney win was 14 years ago. There was a better show in town for a while. Covid kinda still is a thing whether we want it to be or not. The seating arrangement is ass for both Students and long time ticket holders who were alienated with the reseating.

Yea you've got your 5k or so die-hards that make every game that's feasible, but you're average poster here isn't reality. You've got dumbasses like Ari calling people stupid for not supporting this when he clearly hasn't spoken to anyone other than a mirror since march 2020.

How the hell do you sell going to a basketball game to someone who doesn't go right now? Why make the drive, fight awful traffic, pay for parking, watch an uninspiring product, most likely get disappointed, fight awful traffic back... all the while in the middle of a pandemic. Because of a sense of duty to the school? That may work on you, me, or your average forum poster. But it doesn't work on the average joe. What incentive are we giving kids to come?

You can say I'm complaining and nitpicking and spoiled, but I'm telling you people who point these things out aren't speaking about things that stop them. I'm telling you what stops my fellow alumni, what stops students now. The Griss got packed out for volleyball when those girls kicked it up a notch. The Hump got packed out when those girls kicked it into overdrive. The mens team just isn't doing anything to inspire the sidewalk fan.

Part of the problem is the marketing of everything but baseball needs an overhaul. I'm about to the point myself where I'm gonna just bang on Cohen's door to let me help set up a school program to revolutionize State's digital content and vastly improve social media presence. I do similar shit for a living and have almost built up enough of a nest egg to take on a passion job at a big pay cut to fix this mess.

But really, I'm curious how you people think you can attract someone to going to these games that currently has 0 interest other than "school duty." I'll hang up and listen.
    I'll admit, I'm one of the ones complaining about the low attendance but your post makes alot of sense. I don't have the answers either, but I know crowd sizes and fan support also affects recruiting

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I'll admit, I'm one of the ones complaining about the low attendance but your post makes alot of sense. I don't have the answers either, but I know crowd sizes and fan support also affects recruiting
    Yep. And anyone can point out a problem like several here have done. But we pay big bucks for problem solvers and project managers who can engineer solutions. (By we, I mean America, not State. State still hasn't done the first step. Identify that there's a problem.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I'm about to the point myself where I'm gonna just bang on Cohen's door to let me help set up a school program to revolutionize State's digital content and vastly improve social media presence. I do similar shit for a living and have almost built up enough of a nest egg to take on a passion job at a big pay cut to fix this mess.
    By all means do it. We need some drastic improvement in this area, so if this is your area of expertise, go for it.