Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spurrier tweeting the eyes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Leach and staff doing a solid job this offseason
    FIFY
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    FIFY
    Haha, maybe. He hired em, and they're selling his team, so leach gets credit

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    The more I think about the portal stuff, the more I wish it was only for those that graduate. Also, for the NIL, so much % each year you attend school, say 25% each year attend school.
    None of this is going away and actually I don't like but I sure as hell wish something could be done to restrict some things! But we live in "soft country" now days and everyone seems to want something for not proving anything yet!

College football ain't what it used to be! Neither is Pro sports, just damn!

Someone misses the communistic, everyone gets paid the same, approach and does like capitalism open season? Shocker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    If you?re a state fan you should really be pro portal. This is going to help us a ton. What?s that, three 4 stars already this cycle? 5 star last year
    Exactly, this is a huge get. The portal has been great to us these two years and will continue to be. Players want to stay in and transfer to the SEC. We'll continue to bring in talent through the portal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Replace Ducking
    Yeah RaRa over Ducking for sure

vCash
    What's the deal with Knox? Was he really not ready to get any PT at all this year?

vCash
    Have we hired a replacement for our other wr coach yet? Any leads if not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Have we hired a replacement for our other wr coach yet? Any leads if not
    we have the perfect option.. chad bumphis, but Leach is most likely going to promote from within.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I like the portal but it?s overused way too much.

It?s a 2 way street, the blue bloods will not be 3 deep in the depth chart at every position ( especially Qb). But in that same way, the blue bloods will be able to grab what ever guy they passed on who ended up being great.

We could very well see something like a Dak prescott transferring to LSU after they originally passed on him ?. Things like that I hate? but you will see a lot of it
    As long as MSU is competitive and without coaching turnover, I don't see that being a big issue.

Successful players on the path to the NFL aren't leaving a good situation
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    The more I think about the portal stuff, the more I wish it was only for those that graduate. Also, for the NIL, so much % each year you attend school, say 25% each year attend school.
    None of this is going away and actually I don't like but I sure as hell wish something could be done to restrict some things! But we live in "soft country" now days and everyone seems to want something for not proving anything yet!

College football ain't what it used to be! Neither is Pro sports, just damn!
    You're the soft one here. Buck up there sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    You're the soft one here. Buck up there sport.

LOL, naw man I grew up walk-in in snow all uphill with only converse tennis shoes to school. Nothing soft about me and the hood I grew up in**

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    If you?re a state fan you should really be pro portal. This is going to help us a ton. What?s that, three 4 stars already this cycle? 5 star last year
    This all day. The 4-5 star guys want to play. When the blue bloods continually load up on these guys, some will not get as much PT as desired and will hit the portal. If they see another team in the same conference that competes and they can get the PT for a shot at the NFL, they will transfer. If we keep putting guys in the league the portal should really help us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I think Rara has to be on there somewhere.
    I forgot about him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    we have the perfect option.. chad bumphis, but Leach is most likely going to promote from within.
    Hollingshed has been with Leach a while and he is big on loyalty. Im fine with either one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    This all day. The 4-5 star guys want to play. When the blue bloods continually load up on these guys, some will not get as much PT as desired and will hit the portal. If they see another team in the same conference that competes and they can get the PT for a shot at the NFL, they will transfer. If we keep putting guys in the league the portal should really help us.
    Yes sir!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    They will lose money. Very little return. They are getting the same guys they would have gotten anyways. If they are not happy then they transfer. The NIL would be a lot better and more productive out side of signing day if there was no transfer portal. The portal will slow the money down in the future. People don't get rich or stay rich being stupid.
    You are gonna start seeing a lot of mercenary players changing school at least twice to cash in on another payday at each school. Their Fr/So school then their Jr/Sr school. Jameson Williams, Caleb Williams..

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    You are gonna start seeing a lot of mercenary players changing school at least twice to cash in on another payday at each school. Their Fr/So school then their Jr/Sr school. Jameson Williams, Caleb Williams..
    I doubt it. You only get 1 free transfer. Also Jameson Williams transferred because he wasn't going to start & play as much. Caleb Williams transferred because his coach left. Pretty much the 2 main reasons why kids transfer.

vCash
    I doubt it. You only get 1 free transfer. Also Jameson Williams transferred because he wasn't going to start & play as much. Caleb Williams transferred because his coach left. Pretty much the 2 main reasons why kids transfer.
    And Caleb is being offered $1M by G5 schools to transfer there. The point is, $$$ is now a valid reason to change jobs.

Would you not change companies and move to a new state for a million dollar signing bonus? Yes? Then why would a college athlete not?

vCash
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    And Caleb is being offered $1M by G5 schools to transfer there. The point is, $$$ is now a valid reason to change jobs.

Would you not change companies and move to a new state for a million dollar signing bonus? Yes? Then why would a college athlete not?
    Let's see if he goes somewhere other than USC. Then it can become a money issue with him if he goes to the schools offering big money. To my knowledge he's only visited USC and UCLA. Neither have mentioned money to him