Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spurrier tweeting the eyes.

vCash

Spurrier tweeting the eyes.

Who'd we get?

vCash
    I dont know who but we did have some transfer portal WRs here this weekend. And he was down on the coast earlier this week.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 01-15-2022 at 11:06 AM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    The more I think about the portal stuff, the more I wish it was only for those that graduate. Also, for the NIL, so much % each year you attend school, say 25% each year attend school.
    None of this is going away and actually I don't like but I sure as hell wish something could be done to restrict some things! But we live in "soft country" now days and everyone seems to want something for not proving anything yet!

College football ain't what it used to be! Neither is Pro sports, just damn!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    The more I think about the portal stuff, the more I wish it was only for those that graduate. Also, for the NIL, so much % each year you attend school, say 25% each year attend school.
    None of this is going away and actually I don't like but I sure as hell wish something could be done to restrict some things! But we live in "soft country" now days and everyone seems to want something for not proving anything yet!

There are scenarios where I don't mind the portal. If I'm a FB and I sign up to play under Paul Jonson, then, 2 years later he moves on and we hire Leach. What the hell am I supposed to do for the next 3 years?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    There are scenarios where I don't mind the portal. If I'm a FB and I sign up to play under Paul Jonson, then, 2 years later he moves on and we hire Leach. What the hell am I supposed to do for the next 3 years?
    I think that there need to be some reasonable limits on the transfers. 3 years in a program and you are a free agent or after a coaching change, otherwise it will only become more chaotic than it already is. At the same time unless there are major problems the schools have to honor the scholarship for 3 years minimum.

vCash
    Welcome to parity for everyone except the true blue bloods

vCash
    It needs to be some kind of return on investment for the schools that recruit these guys out of Highschool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    It needs to be some kind of return on investment for the schools that recruit these guys out of Highschool.
    They will lose money. Very little return. They are getting the same guys they would have gotten anyways. If they are not happy then they transfer. The NIL would be a lot better and more productive out side of signing day if there was no transfer portal. The portal will slow the money down in the future. People don't get rich or stay rich being stupid.

vCash
    Justin Robinson. UGA WR. 4 star out of HS

vCash

vCash
    6-4 220 that’s a big physical receiver, almost tight end size.

Offers from Norte dame, Nebraska, Florida, Georgia out of HS.

vCash
    I think it will be cool to have someone on the roster who knows what it takes to be a National Champion. Even if he wasn't a huge contributor, he still saw the practices and games from the eyes of a player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post

If you’re a state fan you should really be pro portal. This is going to help us a ton. What’s that, three 4 stars already this cycle? 5 star last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    If you’re a state fan you should really be pro portal. This is going to help us a ton. What’s that, three 4 stars already this cycle? 5 star last year
    I like the portal but it?s overused way too much.

It?s a 2 way street, the blue bloods will not be 3 deep in the depth chart at every position ( especially Qb). But in that same way, the blue bloods will be able to grab what ever guy they passed on who ended up being great.

We could very well see something like a Dak prescott transferring to LSU after they originally passed on him ?. Things like that I hate? but you will see a lot of it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    6-4 220 that’s a big physical receiver, almost tight end size.

Offers from Norte dame, Nebraska, Florida, Georgia out of HS.
    That's a X receiver right? I thought we needed a legit Z.

Anyone want to take a stab at our 2 deep at WR.

vCash
    X Tulu Ducking
    Y Walley Ford
    H Williams Knox
    Z Robinson Harmon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    X Tulu Ducking
    Y Walley Ford
    H Williams Knox
    Z Robinson Harmon
    I think Rara has to be on there somewhere.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Replace Ducking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yes

vCash
    Leach and staff doing a solid job this offseason