Thread: NFL All-Pro team

vCash

NFL All-Pro team

Miss. State had 3 players make All-Pro 1st or 2nd team and had 5 total receiving votes.

1st team: JT Gray
    2nd team: Chris Jones, Jefferey Simmons
    Received votes/would have been 3rd team if they had one: Darius Slay, Logan Cooke

Not bad.

vCash
    I saw that Darius Slay actually only allowed like 3 TDs all year and 40 yards per game. He basically shut down one side but doesn't get the overall respect other guys get.

I saw some other All Pro team that had Simmons but it didn't have any 2nd team picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I saw that Darius Slay actually only allowed like 3 TDs all year and 40 yards per game. He basically shut down one side but doesn't get the overall respect other guys get.

I saw some other All Pro team that had Simmons but it didn't have any 2nd team picks.
    Maybe it is just me but I have noticed in the NFL that cornerbacks have a short window of being perceived as the best in the league. It is like every 2 years or so a new corner is touted best in the league and then someone else comes along and dethrones them. Revis, Asomugah, Sherman, Slay to name a few

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Maybe it is just me but I have noticed in the NFL that cornerbacks have a short window of being perceived as the best in the league. It is like every 2 years or so a new corner is touted best in the league and then someone else comes along and dethrones them. Revis, Asomugah, Sherman, Slay to name a few
    Josh Norman as well

vCash
    How does Logan Cooke not make 1st or second team?

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Slay is one of the top when looking at metrics. I think he allowed something like 25% completion when in single coverage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    not like the 60's and 70's. Those DBs back then had longevity, Lem Barney, Tatum. Renfro, Blount. Harris and Waters, Wilson and Werli just to name a few..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg496 View Post
    Josh Norman as well
    Yep, knew I was forgetting a couple