Thread: FYI because it?s going around

vCash

FYI because it?s going around

I got this virus for the second time in 3 months.

Here?s what the doctor has me on this go round for those of you that don?t have it but will. You can?t stop this shit and neither can a bunch of f ing bureaucrats.

Same vitamin C 1000mg, vitamin D3 125 mcg, zinc. Hydroxychloroquine for 5 days. 4 the first day. 2 the next 4 days.

Dexamethason 4mg. One a day for 5 days.
    Budesonide breathing treatment twice a day for 5 days.

He also gave me some aspirin but that was because I told him I was having low grade headaches.

Anyway, hope this helps for anyone who might get sick.

vCash
    My wife was diagnosed yesterday. She put on hydroxychloroquine and azithramicine. Also told her zinc and vitamin C. He then went on to say it's his firm belief all these mask mandates and other measures are all BS. Not stopping anything. This is so contagious everybody has been exposed if they've stuck their nose out of their front door.

vCash
    Mind me asking jab status? I got J&J last May and have no intent to ever add to that.

vCash
    There’s a doctor in Greenville that’s using ivermectin since the beginning I think and hasn’t lost a patient. The thing that pisses me off the most is the non political parts of the government, science, lied from day one. F ing bastards.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Yep. You guys have it figured out.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I'm on a basic antibiotic and have kicked it in the ass. Zinc and vitamin c along with my multi vitamin. Nothing special. It's almost gone.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    I got this virus for the second time in 3 months.

Here?s what the doctor has me on this go round for those of you that don?t have it but will. You can?t stop this shit and neither can a bunch of f ing bureaucrats.

Same vitamin C 1000mg, vitamin D3 125 mcg, zinc. Hydroxychloroquine for 5 days. 4 the first day. 2 the next 4 days.

Dexamethason 4mg. One a day for 5 days.
    Budesonide breathing treatment twice a day for 5 days.

He also gave me some aspirin but that was because I told him I was having low grade headaches.

Anyway, hope this helps for anyone who might get sick.
    Same stuff they gave me when I had it back in the summer. I was back on my feet day 4 finally able to not get dizzy while not lying down.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    My wife was diagnosed yesterday. She put on hydroxychloroquine and azithramicine. Also told her zinc and vitamin C. He then went on to say it's his firm belief all these mask mandates and other measures are all BS. Not stopping anything. This is so contagious everybody has been exposed if they've stuck their nose out of their front door.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    There’s a doctor in Greenville that’s using ivermectin since the beginning I think and hasn’t lost a patient. The thing that pisses me off the most is the non political parts of the government, science, lied from day one. F ing bastards.
    The problem is if a doctor is not treating people that are already in bad shape when they get COVID, the mortality rate is so low it's really hard for a single doctor to tell what works and what doesn't. If you're a general practitioner and not treating people that have not already been filtered by "sick enough to need a hospital admission", you shouldn't be seeing many fatalities and odds are decent you won't lose any patients that are reasonably healthy and young.

And just FYI, I haven't check on this, but I was told that all the studies showing invermectin works are from places where parasitic worms are prevalent. And the studies that show no effect are from places that parasitic worms are not as prevalent. So it appears plausible that invermectin "works" against COVID by treating/eliminating comorbidities, not by treating COVID or its symptoms.

That's the huge failure of our federal and state governments. The one thing they were in a great position to do was aggregate information, but they didn't do a good job of that and even if they had, they wouldn't have communicated it objectively.

vCash
    Yeah, we were told to socially distance, wash your hands, avoid indoor public gatherings, and if you must gather, wear a mask.
    All of those are still 100% true and 100% effective when done properly.
    Even with doing those, the chance of messing up is still there, every second, of every day.

Anecdotal stories means jack shit. Sorry, but they do.
    Just wait until the next variant that emerges, it will be even more contagious or else it wouldn't emerge due to previous infections and vaccinations. That is how these things work. Luckily this variant isn't that deadly, luckily a significant amount of people have done the right thing and got the vaccine and booster.

Again, I will say this for the people in the back that cannot hear.
    Wash your hands.
    Socially distance when possible. Avoid indoor crowds.
    Wear masks when you feel you need to.
    Take the vaccine and boosters.

Do those things, and there isn't much to worry about. Hell if you just take the vaccine and get boosted, there isn't that much to worry about.

I am not sure what has happened to people, but this is basic virus 101 stuff.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    The problem is if a doctor is not treating people that are already in bad shape when they get COVID, the mortality rate is so low it's really hard for a single doctor to tell what works and what doesn't. If you're a general practitioner and not treating people that have not already been filtered by "sick enough to need a hospital admission", you shouldn't be seeing many fatalities and odds are decent you won't lose any patients that are reasonably healthy and young.

And just FYI, I haven't check on this, but I was told that all the studies showing invermectin works are from places where parasitic worms are prevalent. And the studies that show no effect are from places that parasitic worms are not as prevalent. So it appears plausible that invermectin "works" against COVID by treating/eliminating comorbidities, not by treating COVID or its symptoms.

That's the huge failure of our federal and state governments. The one thing they were in a great position to do was aggregate information, but they didn't do a good job of that and even if they had, they wouldn't have communicated it objectively.
    Don't bring a reasonable argument into this. **You know as well as I do, family doctors are the epicenter of treating advanced illnesses on the brink of death. The government is aggregating information, the issue is information is coming in a million forms, in non-controlled studies being bombarded with crap like the OP's post. Less than zero evidence gathered in a scientific manner.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    This.
    Not this. 100% not this.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post

I would like to add, this is all well reasoned and actually adds to the conversation in an appropriate way. Thank you. Johnson and I don't see eye to eye much, but here, 100% correct.

OLJ Wales and I on the other hand, have never agreed on anything social/political. I need to change my handle to A.Hamilton
    Downvotes_Hype