Thread: got to ask my guy IYOK...

vCash

got to ask my guy IYOK...

who are we targeting in the portal as of now? I can't keep up.

It looks like we've gotten a Dog Safety with 1 year to play, a WR with 4 years to play, and a corner with 2 years to play.

Need a kicker: Biscardi

Another outside WR: ??

At least 1 OT: It appears we are behind Ole Miss for Brooks who I really liked

A Free Safety/Field Safety: ??

We are sitting on 24 incoming players not counting D. Jordan. That gives us 7 open spots. Assuming we sign the above 4 needs, we still have 3 open spots for best available.

Just looking for a big board so to speak.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I'd say a HS OL & HS CB & best available.

vCash
    Dang, no transfer LT?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Dang, no transfer LT?

We signed Percy Lewis. A 4* and the No.1 rated OT in JUCO and the overall number 2 player in JUCO regardless of position according to 247's ranking (not the composite).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I'd say a HS OL & HS CB & best available.
    got any portal names we are on?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    who are we targeting in the portal as of now? I can't keep up.

It looks like we've gotten a Dog Safety with 1 year to play, a WR with 4 years to play, and a corner with 2 years to play.

Need a kicker: Biscardi

Another outside WR: ??

At least 1 OT: It appears we are behind Ole Miss for Brooks who I really liked

A Free Safety/Field Safety: ??

We are sitting on 24 incoming players not counting D. Jordan. That gives us 7 open spots. Assuming we sign the above 4 needs, we still have 3 open spots for best available.

Just looking for a big board so to speak.
    Ole Miss leads for everyone in the portal...

vCash
    Rico's time is now.

vCash
    WR - Trea Shropshire & RJ Sneed

OL - Tre'Mond Shorts & Tyler Steen

DB - Greg Brooks Latrell McCutchin & Jalen Kimber

Likely to see some new names show up here soon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Ole Miss leads for everyone in the portal...
    That's the truth! LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    WR - Trea Shropshire & RJ Sneed

OL - Tre'Mond Shorts & Tyler Steen

DB - Greg Brooks Latrell McCutchin & Jalen Kimber

Likely to see some new names show up here soon
    WR- I would be good with two of Shropshire, Brownlee, or Justin Robinson at WR.

OL- I really like Steen but that's going to be a tough pull. Getting Percy Lewis really takes some pressure off of us here.

DB- I would be good with any of those three. We've done a really good job patching our secondary by adding Banks, Nicholson, and Matthews. It makes me wonder if the staff will look at playing Forbes at safety some with Nicholson at CB? Really impressive cover guy who tackled better than any of our other safeties. Decamarion Richardson is another impressive CB for us too.

K- Biscardi would be perfect for us. I think the missed extra points are an anomaly. The guy is almost perfect from 50+ yards in his career and only has one miss from that range in five attempts. His only miss last year was from 40-49 and he has zero misses the last two years from 40 in. If the extra points thing really is an issue we still have Nolan McCord who was 23/23 on extra points last year. Would be odd if we have an extra point only guy but we'll do whatever we have to do.

Edge- If everything is said and done and we have an extra scholarship to use I'd like to see us use it on an EDGE guy from the portal and move Jett Johnson to MLB. And then use Nate Watson as sort of a utility LB who can play all three spots. I can understand why it's not a huge need with Ty Cooper and John Lewis who are going to be good as they grow up plus guys like Gilmore and Sledge coming in. But at the same time I think an older guy could be very helpful for the team and help out Wheat and Jordan Davis next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

OL- I really like Steen but that's going to be a tough pull. Getting Percy Lewis really takes some pressure off of us here.

DB- I would be good with any of those three. We've done a really good job patching our secondary by adding Banks, Nicholson, and Matthews. It makes me wonder if the staff will look at playing Forbes at safety some with Nicholson at CB? Really impressive cover guy who tackled better than any of our other safeties. Decamarion Richardson is another impressive CB for us too.

K- Biscardi would be perfect for us. I think the missed extra points are an anomaly. The guy is almost perfect from 50+ yards in his career and only has one miss from that range in five attempts. His only miss last year was from 40-49 and he has zero misses the last two years from 40 in. If the extra points thing really is an issue we still have Nolan McCord who was 23/23 on extra points last year. Would be odd if we have an extra point only guy but we'll do whatever we have to do.

Edge- If everything is said and done and we have an extra scholarship to use I'd like to see us use it on an EDGE guy from the portal and move Jett Johnson to MLB. And then use Nate Watson as sort of a utility LB who can play all three spots. I can understand why it's not a huge need with Ty Cooper and John Lewis who are going to be good as they grow up plus guys like Gilmore and Sledge coming in. But at the same time I think an older guy could be very helpful for the team and help out Wheat and Jordan Davis next year.
    Can't include Brownlee who's not in the portal

No way you move your best CB to Safety.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Rico's time is now.
    You know, I never saw much upside with Rico!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    You know, I never saw much upside with Rico!
    Well, he is just a sophomore.....

Now, Uncle Rico, that guy had potential. He could throw a football over those mountains. If they had just put him in, they would have won state....
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Forbes is a lockdown corner, I wouldn't move him at all. More likely that Nicholson moves to safety with his length and speed. Decarlos really needs to stop getting taller, he's almost to tall to be a cb(only half kidding).

vCash
    Yes. No way Forbes moves. We already lost one nfl corner. Can't be replacing both corner spot when one is playing great there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Well, he is just a sophomore.....

Now, Uncle Rico, that guy had potential. He could throw a football over those mountains. If they had just put him in, they would have won state....
    I bet he could?ve thrown it a quarter mile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    I bet he could?ve thrown it a quarter mile.
    well ... we knew he threw a pretty good steak anyway
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    well ... we knew he threw a pretty good steak anyway
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

Banned
    vCash
    Is Jalen Green staying another year? I haven't heard.

Looking at Forbes for CB1, Banks/Richardson/Nicholson for CB2, Matthews for Dog, Green at SS, ???? at FS (guessing whoever loses out at CB2. I could see Banks moving here.)

Is that what our secondary looks like? Because if so that's formidable and getting better.