Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe judge fired

vCash

Joe judge fired

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/...073193994?s=21

How many nfl coaches fired in the last 72 hours does this make now?

vCash
    Just preparing for our job in another year.

vCash
    His last couple of postgame interviews were wild. You could tell he was feeling the pressure. Not sure where he resurfaces....but I would take him as Special Teams coach. ha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CovertDawg View Post
    His last couple of postgame interviews were wild. You could tell he was feeling the pressure. Not sure where he resurfaces....but I would take him as Special Teams coach. ha
    That QB sneak on 3rd and 9 and his post-game justification for it were also bizarre.

vCash
    Let me guess, Kiffin is the front runner?

vCash
    Man, Cohen really hired Morehead and attempted to follow that up with Joe Judge. Holy Shit!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Man, Cohen really hired Morehead and attempted to follow that up with Joe Judge. Holy Shit!
    Exactly!

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    This is the guy people want to hire Howland's replacement.

vCash
    I mean I didn't like the idea of a judge hire here.

But success or failure in the nfl is not indicative of college success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

Dude, it was a straight cluster from Day 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Dude, it was a straight cluster from Day 1
    So was Saban. He had players quitting in training camp and his locker room fell apart.

So was kiffin.

I'm not saying judge would win in college. But lots of coaches have failed in the nfl in their first gig before being good in college or later in the nfl, including Carroll and belichek.
    Last edited by confucius say; 01-11-2022 at 08:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Let me guess, Kiffin is the front runner?
    At this point Kiffins agent is pimping him for each and every high profile opening, and most of the jobs mentioned weren’t even seriously considering Kiffin.....so I’d take this with a grain of salt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    At this point Kiffins agent is pimping him for each and every high profile opening, and most of the jobs mentioned weren’t even seriously considering Kiffin.....so I’d take this with a grain of salt.
    Is that why he's lost so many assistants?

vCash
    OLe MIss will have to hire him. ******

vCash
    Is that why he's lost so many assistants?
    No idea but something isn’t right with that program

vCash
    So was Saban. He had players quitting in training camp and his locker room fell apart.

So was kiffin.

I'm not saying judge would win in college. But lots of coaches have failed in the nfl in their first gig before being good in college or later in the nfl, including Carroll and belichek.
    Saban, Spurrier, Meyer, Pete Carroll, Bill O'Brien and and many successful colleges coaches got chewed up and spit out by the NFL. I believe coaching in the NFL is many times harder than college. Certainly Joe was not ready for a NFL HC job, but he can learn from his experience and improve. He probably needs to go through the Saban car wash.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Saban, Spurrier, Meyer, Pete Carroll, Bill O'Brien and and many successful colleges coaches got chewed up and spit out by the NFL. I believe coaching in the NFL is many times harder than college. Certainly Joe was not ready for a NFL HC job, but he can learn from his experience and improve. He probably needs to go through the Saban car wash.
    All of those guys were successful College coaches though. Also Pete Carroll & Bill O'Brien weren't terrible in the NFL. Judge has been out of college ball for a decade. It would've been a dumb hire. A HC who's not an OC or DC with limited college experience from a decade ago & no real college ties or recruiting prowess. This is after the Moorhead hire. The Giants may have saved our program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    All of those guys were successful College coaches though. Also Pete Carroll & Bill O'Brien weren't terrible in the NFL. Judge has been out of college ball for a decade. It would've been a dumb hire. A HC who's not an OC or DC with limited college experience from a decade ago & no real college ties or recruiting prowess. This is after the Moorhead hire. The Giants may have saved our program.
    A lot of people thought the same about Coach O, Sam Pittman, and Shane Beamer.

In college you can either succeed with a Dan Mullen/Mike Leach type. Or you can get a Pittman/Beamer type and succeed IF you hire elite coordinators and recruiters.

Judge would have fallen into the Coach O/Sam Pittman type.

In the NFL success is mostly determined by the players on the roster. Even the greats of all time- Bellichick, Walsh, Lombardi and etc. struggled when they didn't have talent on the roster.

Now, that said I do think Judge was a little young for our job much less a NFL head coaching job. I just don't think he was ready based on his resume. Especially when compared to a Kyle Shanahan or Sean McVay who both grew up in NFL coaching families and were OC's. Ultimately this experience will help Judge going forward. Someone in the NFL will hire him as an assistant and he will hopefully work his way up like he should have and was on his way to doing before he took the Giants job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I was being sarcastic, but knew his agent would have his name thrown out

vCash

He embarrassed the franchise and people within the NFL media circle think he's an idiot.