Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Keep an eye on late this weekend

vCash
    This storm system is weird. It seems to have dry slots and just isn?t that well organized. Seems to be spotty who is getting rain vs snow vs sleet. Not a true line definition like most storms

vCash
    Very light dusting on ground here in Nashville. And it's that wet crap. Just ice mainly. Supposed to snow hard pretty soon and snow until around 3:00 pm. We'll see. This "winter storm" ain't shit compared to the unnamed blizzard we had last week. It looked like Alaska up here last week. Weather forecasts are funny.

vCash
    Just a mix here in Starkville but 20 miles and several inches.

And just to put this out there. Gfs says round 2 next weekend. But we've all seen how much things can change.

vCash
    GA is getting steady snow. Sticking some, but it's 36?

vCash
    One of my sons lives in northern Brandon, Rankin County, next to Hwy 471, about a mile south of Fanin, and he had between 6 & 8 inches. I am in Desoto county, the northwestern tip of MS, and I had MAYBE an 1 inch even though much more was predicted. Instead of snowing around midnight, as again predicted, at 2 or 3 AM it was still 37 or 38 degrees & raining.
    Someone stated, on here, their Dad?s philosophy was to expect the opposite of whatever the weatherman said. I always heard that, too. I concur.
    Last edited by Dawg_Lover; 01-16-2022 at 11:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    Someone stated, on here, their Dad?s philosophy was to expect the opposite of whatever the weatherman said. I always heard that, too. I concur.
    That was me. The places that got a lot of snow it wasn't predicted and the places predicted didn't get much. He just said if they predict snow then almost guaranteed it won't snow. A lot of that was just to get under my skin but a lot of truth in it, too.

vCash
    Snowing hard here now. They saying 4" over the next several hours. I just want everything to be covered because I love how it looks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    That was me. The places that got a lot of snow it wasn't predicted and the places predicted didn't get much. He just said if they predict snow then almost guaranteed it won't snow. A lot of that was just to get under my skin but a lot of truth in it, too.
    My Dad did exactly the same thing just to get a rise out of me, and it usually did. And, I agree with your last statement, too. On an opposite note, here in Desoto county probably about 8 to 10 years ago, when a winter storm front was to come through our general region it was predicted we would maybe get an inch or two. We woke up to 7 inches of snow. That stuck with me because we got 7 inches on March 7th. It was quite a surprise. Snowdrifts were over knee deep.
    * Foghorn Leghorn-isms *

> about as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal.

> more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind.

> gettin so deep the farmers have to jack up the cows so they can milk em.

> making more noise than a couple of skeletons dancing on a tin roof.