Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Keep an eye on late this weekend

vCash
    Wife has the Covid so I'm having to quarantine so a lot more time to model watch. My favorite model, the HRRR, is just grabbing the early stages of the weekend event. And all I have to say is...

vCash
    Here is the HRRR for 6:00am Sunday.

vCash
    Don't tease me, I can't take it!!

vCash
    Hey SVD, I?m not super good at reading maps like these. What?s you best guess for Jackson on Sunday. Especially Sunday morning? Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heydawg View Post
    Hey SVD, I?m not super good at reading maps like these. What?s you best guess for Jackson on Sunday. Especially Sunday morning? Thanks
    If this map verifies, or close to it, then Jackson will be waking up to snow falling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    If this map verifies, or close to it, then Jackson will be waking up to snow falling.
    So am I gonna have to go to work or not tom night/Sunday night or can I go duck hunting…. HAHA!!! What’s the totals looking like for Tipton Co…

vCash
    This forecast reminds me alot of December 2017. Most, if not all, forecasts called for a light dusting in Central MS. I woke up that Friday morning to 6 inches in Brandon.

vCash
    What's the latest? Some of the forecasts I'm seeing for Nashville now are a little less exciting. Not nearly as much snow as they were saying yesterday. Got the grand baby coming up from Mississippi. I want that blizzard now!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    What's the latest? Some of the forecasts I'm seeing for Nashville now are a little less exciting. Not nearly as much snow as they were saying yesterday. Got the grand baby coming up from Mississippi. I want that blizzard now!!!
    I haven't really looked into TN. Been focusing on MS. When the next model runs come in I'll take a look. Some of the models are backing off on the snow for all but extreme north MS...say north of Tupelo. Just an indication that around 30 hours out models still aren't sure what's going to happen.

vCash
    I would feel safe saying that part of TN will get 2-4" with some isolated areas up to 6". A couple of the models still losing their minds with snow totals but I just have a hard time thinking that happens this far south. Maybe I'm wrong. Hope I am.

vCash
    I would feel safe saying that part of TN will get 2-4" with some isolated areas up to 6". A couple of the models still losing their minds with snow totals but I just have a hard time thinking that happens this far south. Maybe I'm wrong. Hope I am.
    Thanks man! I'm hoping for 4" or better west of Nashville.

vCash
    Thanks man! I'm hoping for 4" or better west of Nashville.
    That's what she said.

vCash
    That's what she said.
    Haha!! She can keep hoping!!

vCash
    Models are still doing the hokey pokey with snow accumulations in MS. The NWS doesn't seem to think it amounts to a whole lot once you get south of Grenada. That actually gives me hope we see some decent snows. Back when my dad was alive any time snow was forecast he'd say it's not going to do anything and that it only snows when they don't predict it. 95% of the time heh was absolutely correct. So I'm encouraged by them saying this will be mostly rain for the bulk of MS.

vCash
    Looking like 12-16 inches for me in southwestern PA. Could be a mini blizzard of 93 around here.

vCash
    12z runs for MS are taking big steaming dump on the snow.

vCash
    I've been checking out the weather here (union, ms), and I see lots of snow/rain in our forecast using the highly advanced built-in weather app on my iPhone. The problem I see is it isn't supposed to be 32 degrees. So I guess we just gonna see it fall and then melt, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I've been checking out the weather here (union, ms), and I see lots of snow/rain in our forecast using the highly advanced built-in weather app on my iPhone. The problem I see is it isn't supposed to be 32 degrees. So I guess we just gonna see it fall and then melt, right?
    The low should wrap around enough cold air to allow it to stick to at least elevated surfaces. But that's all dependent on where the low tracks. A northern track and it can't bring it in this far south and we end up with mainly rain or snow melting when it hits.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Back reporting from Becker Bottom this weekend. Hopefully we see some flakes. And nice Bucks. Thanks for the updates.

And how many subscribers are you up to now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Back reporting from Becker Bottom this weekend. Hopefully we see some flakes. And nice Bucks. Thanks for the updates.

And how many subscribers are you up to now?
    Sitting at 798 right now.