Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep an eye on late this weekend

vCash
    Right now it looks like the areas of biggest concern will be north central TN, a good portion of Kentucky, and the central and western portions of North Carolina.

If you're planning on being in north central Tennessee or Kentucky around Sunday, good luck. Models are spitting out a foot or more of snow for that area pretty consistently now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Right now it looks like the areas of biggest concern will be north central TN, a good portion of Kentucky, and the central and western portions of North Carolina.

If you're planning on being in north central Tennessee or Kentucky around Sunday, good luck. Models are spitting out a foot or more of snow for that area pretty consistently now.
    Overnight model runs have seemed to have really shifted all the snow out of most of MS. Hope there just a one off and not a trend. I was really wanting to see it snow.

vCash
    Thx Vegas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

Does that include Cookeville, TN ? .... it's about an hour East of Nashville
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Does that include Cookeville, TN ? .... it's about an hour East of Nashville
    I'd say yes.

vCash
    To illustrate how hard forecasting snow is for here a lot of the models have taken most of It out of MS. Then the nam says hold my beer and paints most of east MS in 3-5".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    To illustrate how hard forecasting snow is for here a lot of the models have taken most of It out of MS. Then the nam says hold my beer and paints most of east MS in 3-5".
    Yeah. I keep watching forecasts for Nashville all day each day. We gonna get a light dusting or up to 8 inches. Maybe more depending on who you listen to. I can't imagine it worse than last week though.
    I really hope Mississippi gets some.

vCash
    What about the Southaven Memphis area?

vCash
    Me too, but I'm in Madison MS - South Central part of the state. From more recent posts, it sounds like we are out of luck - again!

vCash
    The NAM and GFS both trended southward on accumulating snow for Sunday. Areas north of 82 could be looking at 1-3" in accumulation. The Canadian model is bringing in slightly higher amounts but concentrating it more into NW and extreme north MS. And some models are just laughing at those predicting snow. So depending on the model you could be looking anywhere from a cold rain to 6"+.

vCash
    I have seen everything from 1-3 to 8-12 for Tipton Co. (TN). Any insight for me and if I can call out for inclement weather and go duck hunting instead??

Banned
    vCash
    From my experience living most of my life down south, the precip and cold air never rendezvous simultaneously. Always Bums me Out.

Banned
    vCash
    From my experience living most of my life down south, the precip and cold air rarely rendezvous simultaneously. Always Bums me Out. Rain, followed by cold then precip gone.

vCash
    Jackson NWS now saying confident rain will change to snow north of I-20 Saturday night. Still not sure about accumulations due to how dynamic things are. One area could see several inches and a nearby location almost entirely a cold rain with only a brief change over.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Any chances of iced roads Monday around mid day? Looks like it will warm up enough to melt any. Planning on making another hunting weekend and to come back Monday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Any chances of iced roads Monday around mid day? Looks like it will warm up enough to melt any. Planning on making another hunting weekend and to come back Monday.
    All going to depend on how much your area receives. If you get several inches that'll cause more cooling than forecast.

vCash
    5-8 inches now predicted in Nashville

vCash
    Latest NAM coming in hot for snow for eastern and northern MS. Close to a foot near the TN border and 4+ along the eastern 82 corridor and 1-2" down near meridian.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Latest NAM coming in hot for snow for eastern and northern MS. Close to a foot near the TN border and 4+ along the eastern 82 corridor and 1-2" down near meridian.
    Woot!!!

vCash
    Southaven?