Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Keep an eye on late this weekend

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Sitting at 798 right now.
    I?m guessing you?ve done something like this, but have you Tweeted out to local weather stations/people some of your work and links? A few retweet?s or mentions could bump you up quickly. Trying to think of ways to spread beyond this board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I?m guessing you?ve done something like this, but have you Tweeted out to local weather stations/people some of your work and links? A few retweet?s or mentions could bump you up quickly. Trying to think of ways to spread beyond this board.
    I've tweeted it out but I don't think the local stations can be seen promoting something like this. Even WTVA that we're affiliated with.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    I've tweeted it out but I don't think the local stations can be seen promoting something like this. Even WTVA that we're affiliated with.
    Well damn. I don?t know. Tweet to some people with large followings and see what happens. Maybe some independent weather sites or people. Good luck.

vCash

Thoughts

As we head into the evening?

Starkville area?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxdog View Post
    As we head into the evening?

Starkville area?
    I'm thinking boom or bust. It either pulls in enough cold air to give us 2-4" or we end up lucky to get a dusting. All going to come down to if the low can pull in enough cold air whirl it is still close enough to have some moisture to work with. Still showing in the mid 40's now so it's got some work to do. Look for any change to snow to happen Sunday morning in the 5-8am timeframe.

vCash
    I have a kid heading that way sometime before 12 noon so we'll be paying close attention.

vCash
    I'm thinking boom or bust. It either pulls in enough cold air to give us 2-4" or we end up lucky to get a dusting. All going to come down to if the low can pull in enough cold air whirl it is still close enough to have some moisture to work with. Still showing in the mid 40's now so it's got some work to do. Look for any change to snow to happen Sunday morning in the 5-8am timeframe.
    We have 42 and very light rain at 8 p.m. Forecasters aren't expecting much of anything for us - an inch at most.

It's a lot warmer than in Buffalo. No idea how they play in such conditions, or how fans sit through it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Looking like 12-16 inches for me in southwestern PA. Could be a mini blizzard of 93 around here.
    Well if you see a weatherman who looks like Bill Murray you're about to get blasted.

vCash
    The Jackson metro went from snow possibly starting at 11 PM to now all the way out to 4 AM. By that time the ULL will be pulling out and losing its moisture to work with. Looks like Desoti County and Memphis gets slammed and anyone else gets a dusting to an inch.

The temps dropped timely as expected but the main moisture pull out ahead of the ULL. How much energy is left for the ULL is what we depend on in west and central Miss.

vCash
    Checked out the GOEs East upper level Water Vapor satellite and to my untrained eye it looks like the center is around Baton Rouge.

https://cdn.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOE...8-1250x750.jpg

vCash
    Terrible cold rain here west of Nashville. 37 degrees and raining. Just nasty.

vCash
    Just a cold rain in Arlington right now. I have been watching models and the GFS is showing around 3-5 for us and the ECMWF is still around 6 inches for us. Every model is different.

vCash
    Sleet/freezing rain in Rankin County.

vCash
    Since we are Now-Casting.

Light Snow and 31 degrees in Pearl

vCash
    Snow falling in Rankin County. The lawn has a white covering. I'm hoping we get more than a dusting since the thermometer says 31 and it's heavy enough to look like haze

vCash
    Its colder in Jackson than memphis/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Its colder in Jackson than memphis/
    Because we have the Upper Level Low with its own Cold Air passing by us down here. It does look like everything from here on out will be light, in some cases too light for Radar Reflectivity though. The heavier bands to the west seem to be tapering off fast instead of rotating through. I suspect a dusting is about all we see here in the metro.

vCash
    Cantore just said that some place in south-central Mississippi had 7.8" overnight.

Rain changed to snow about an hour ago here but it's melting as soon as it hits the ground. 34 degrees at my house.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Unbelievable. I?m West of Canton and got nothing. Literally 20 miles down the road east of Canton got 7 inches!

vCash
    I've got nothing on the ground or even on roofs or anything. My Father in law who lives in Camden about 30 minutes away has several inches on the ground.