Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We got 2 nice transfers today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I don’t think they will have any trouble reloading.

I’d guess a lot of those guys are 4 stars who sit the bench at Alabama but would be starters just about any where else. I’d transfer too.
    Yes. Note the *** at the end...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Great! How good is the safety? Saw his stats but I don't know anything about him. Guess the staff likes him so there is that. Need some help here for sure.
    Played better than what we have but against B12. We'll see how SEC and the big stage (his words not mine) do for him.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Seems like saban is looking at that dolphins job to reunite with tua
    Saban would not work in the NFL, because he cannot have 25 first round picks a year and vastly superior talent than every other team he plays. I am telling you, his first National Championship at LSU was based on coaching, everything else was based almost purely on just having way way way more talent than everyone else. Kirby, Jimbo, dude from Clemson, and Urban all know this. Coaching makes the difference, but not when you have people on the bench better than everyone else's starters. Sometimes the guy with the biggest dick wins regardless.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Saban would not work in the NFL, because he cannot have 25 first round picks a year and vastly superior talent than every other team he plays. I am telling you, his first National Championship at LSU was based on coaching, everything else was based almost purely on just having way way way more talent than everyone else. Kirby, Jimbo, dude from Clemson, and Urban all know this. Coaching makes the difference, but not when you have people on the bench better than everyone else's starters. Sometimes the guy with the biggest dick wins regardless.
    I dunno much about the NFL, so I will defer to you in that regard… but I do know this:

Saban is the best active CFB Coach (Total Package), & there is no close 2nd.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I dunno much about the NFL, so I will defer to you in that regard… but I do know this:

There are only 3-6 teams that can even compare with Bama and it's recruiting machine. It was there before Saban, and it will be there after him. How is that a bad thing for a Bama fan to admit?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Saban's first natty was based on bad computer math.

How the SEC didn't play Carrol's peak USC team is beyond me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    There are only 3-6 teams that can even compare with Bama and it's recruiting machine. It was there before Saban, and it will be there after him. How is that a bad thing for a Bama fan to admit?
    I agree 100%. Lemme ask this: Of the 6 teams you are referring to, which has a better coach (than Saban)?...

Here are the schools (most recent coach) that recruit the best:
    UGA (Smart)
    Ohio St (Day)
    Clemson (Swinney)
    LSU (Orgeron)
    Oklahoma (Riley)
    Florida (Mullen)

and, just for C34, let's throw Les Miles in there.... JK, buddy....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I agree 100%. Lemme ask this: Of the 6 teams you are referring to, which has a better coach (than Saban)?...

UGA (Smart)
    Ohio St (Day)
    Clemson (Swinney)
    LSU (Orgeron)
    Oklahoma (Riley)
    Florida (Mullen)

Saban is the best. But Saban is the best because he's the best recruiter and at a great recruiting school. And he also gets the most out of his players because he's a great recruiter. He doesn't seem to have too much trouble getting what he wants from players because if one 5 star player isnt playing like Saban wants he has another 5 star waiting to take his place. That's pretty self motivating! He has that luxury. As far as actually coaching and being a teacher, you always hear he is a great defensive mind. But is he the CEO type these days and let's his assistants "coach"? Or does he have a lot of say in play calling on one or both side of the ball? He strikes me as the CEO, but I may be wrong. I don't follow Bama. You can help me out here. This is some info one would need to determine if Saban is one of the best minds when it comes to Xs and Os. But no doubt he's the best recruiter(NIL may shake things up just a bit though, we will see if aTm is an anomaly.)

vCash

Why you limiting it these six?

UGA (Smart)
    Ohio St (Day)
    Clemson (Swinney)
    LSU (Orgeron)
    Oklahoma (Riley)
    Florida (Mullen)

Buddy, Why you limit it to those six? Those are just the places that have a chance and even those don?t have the Bama machine. A&M is bringing in the money, but Fisher won once with a transcendent QB but there are a 100 coaches out there without players that might be better.

Why is it so hard for Bama fans to admit that Saban is good but to do it at Bama is not nearly as hard as it is elsewhere?

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Buddy, Why you limit it to those six? Those are just the places that have a chance and even those don?t have the Bama machine. A&M is bringing in the money, but Fisher won once with a transcendent QB but there are a 100 coaches out there without players that might be better.

Why is it so hard for Bama fans to admit that Saban is good but to do it at Bama is not nearly as hard as it is elsewhere?
    Because Bama fans can't admit that another team could be as good or better than them. There's always an excuse. It's what makes most non-Bama fans hate them. They are the worst of the worst. When they win it's constant chest pounding and when they lose it's, "y'all are just haters. The refs cheated. We had injuries. You'd rather see us lose than your team win, etc" Most of them don't know the rules of the game and just regurgitate whatever talking point they see on Finebaum and Facebook. They are without a doubt a cult like group who believes they are the only ones getting into their perceived Heaven.

vCash
    I dunno much about the NFL, so I will defer to you in that regard? but I do know this:

Saban may be the best active coach, but I would like to see him in a situation where he had mostly three stars and some four stars, and not have all the resources that Bama has where they can get the best players out of high school plus the portal, or anywhere else. I just wonder how some certain other coaches would do with Bama's players, their recruiting advantages, and resources that Saban has to work with. Only one or two teams can even come close to getting the four and five stars that Saban can get.

vCash

UGA (Smart) Needs more time. He did beat Saban's ass, Saban beat him. We shall see.

Ohio St (Day) Even at Ohio St, Day doesn't have Saban talent. How old is Day? Age for age who has the better record/resume?

Clemson (Swinney) Dabo's already proven it with similar talent.

LSU (Orgeron) Really?

Oklahoma (Riley) He's scared of the SEC, so no

Florida (Mullen) Umm. Huh?

and, just for C34, let's throw Les Miles in there.... Once with generational talent.
    JK, buddy....
    Has Saban taken some lumps when he's played teams with equal talent? Put it this way, If all schools could do what Saban is allowed, his record would look a little different. Don't forget, Mark Emmert is his bestie. Saban quit the NFL because he couldn't get his way. He's never won big until he was able to accumulate more talent than everyone else. These are facts. When talking strictly coaching, is he the best? Hmmm...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    Has Saban taken some lumps when he's played teams with equal talent? Put it this way, If all schools could do what Saban is allowed, his record would look a little different. Don't forget, Mark Emmert is his bestie. Saban quit the NFL because he couldn't get his way. He's never won big until he was able to accumulate more talent than everyone else. These are facts. When talking strictly coaching, is he the best? Hmmm...
    Agreed, Croom beat him in 07 before he could accumulate all that talent