Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sabans Post game Pressor

vCash

Sabans Post game Pressor

Don't matter is you love the Guy or hate him but that was classy of the guy and shows why players go balls out for him. He just gave a pre-emptive nuke strike to all the Podcasters and media wusses who were about to go apeshit on these players Other coaches can learn from that instead of throwing them under the bus.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1480773961868791809

vCash
    I can't believe the number of assistant coaches/managers/equipment personnel/etc they have. If I counted correctly, including the head coach, they have 57 staff for the team? My gosh, how many do we have?

https://twitter.com/UA_Athletics/sta...334785/photo/1

vCash
    Saban is a class act.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I can't believe the number of assistant coaches/managers/equipment personnel/etc they have. If I counted correctly, including the head coach, they have 57 staff for the team? My gosh, how many do we have?

https://twitter.com/UA_Athletics/sta...334785/photo/1
    He has what others won't do. Hire fired guys as "analysts" who are given the responsibility of dissecting certain opponents and then getting the team ready for that game. That is why the players are always well prepared for each game. You would think other coaches would do the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Saban is a class act.
    He has his moments but I wouldn't go that far. Seen a lot of jerk in him many times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    He has what others won't do. Hire fired guys as "analysts" who are given the responsibility of dissecting certain opponents and then getting the team ready for that game. That is why the players are always well prepared for each game. You would think other coaches would do the same.
    Massive overhead and not enough ex-coaches to go around. I would imagine MSU would have at least a few analysts that never coached above high school or JUCO. Now, we could get a a few ex-head coaches but not nearly anything like Bama would be able to get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    He has his moments but I wouldn't go that far. Seen a lot of jerk in him many times.
    I think he has reached the stage where he has already accomplished everything and now he can be a little more insightful as opposed to being super intense all the time.

I guarantee you that if MSU had a coach that did the same thing our fans would be talking about how he has lost his edge and is just collecting a check.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Well 1 analyst would be better than zero.
    12 analyst would be great, give each one an opponent, or maybe give 6 analyst two schools to work on. Who knows.

Either way, we look unprepared against too many teams. Time to start doing something better.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Saban is a class act.
    Saban is done. He is old. It is time for him to leave the game. He is doing more harm than good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Saban is done. He is old. It is time for him to leave the game. He is doing more harm than good.
    How - he is doing a better job than most at turning boys into men. I tell you what's more harm than good - coaches always looking for better jobs.

vCash
    He gets to the Championship with a 1st year starter as a QB, a 4th year third string RB, a almost brand new receiving Corps who loses it's best receiver in the SEC championship and it's other main threat in the 1st QTR, Lost 2 starters on the OL and had 2 freshmen DBs playing. And still I think if he would've kept pounding the ball with Robinson in the 3rd Qtr BAM would've won.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    He gets to the Championship with a 1st year starter as a QB, a 4th year third string RB, a almost brand new receiving Corps who loses it's best receiver in the SEC championship and it's other main threat in the 1st QTR, Lost 2 starters on the OL and had 2 freshmen DBs playing. And still I think if he would've kept pounding the ball with Robinson in the 3rd Qtr BAM would've won.
    Agreed, this BAMA squad is probably the youngest on the field I?ve witnessed before.....and they won The SEC and hung in throughout the entire National Championship u til they made some mental errors late in game that sealed their fate. Saban knows he?s got an awesome chance the next 2+ seasons to be on top of the mountain (6 titles at Bama, 7 overall) as the title king at Bama. I think when that happens, you might see him hang it up

vCash
    Really? He just played in back to back Championships and won one. He's odds on favorite to win it next year. I saw something in him last night I never had before. When he met Kirby after the game, he smiled and was genuinely happy for Kirby. He's still a hard ass and driven, but he was different last night. He will coach another few years, win one or two more and put his mark on the game that won't be bested.

vCash
    If being done means playing for a natty then sign me up. The goal is to work yourself out of a job, train your people well enough that you don't have to do everything all the time.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Definitely not one of his better teams, but certainly one of his better coachin' efforts,,,
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    If being done means playing for a natty then sign me up. The goal is to work yourself out of a job, train your people well enough that you don't have to do everything all the time.
    Unfortunately most people don't realize that. We live in an age now where people will purposely leave you in the dark for fear of you surpassing their knowledge. I've always wanted my people to know as much if not more than I do in case an opportunity came up for any of us. I've learned that doesn't exist in this day and age.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    Unfortunately most people don't realize that. We live in an age now where people will purposely leave you in the dark for fear of you surpassing their knowledge. I've always wanted my people to know as much if not more than I do in case an opportunity came up for any of us. I've learned that doesn't exist in this day and age.
    Yup, and that's sad to me...

"Now, get off my lawn!"*
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Definitely not one of his better teams, but certainly one of his better coachin' efforts,,,
    I think this was his best coaching job in his career/

vCash
    I say BAMA is preseason # 1 for next year already. Too many coming back along with some quality transfer guys being added as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    THIS^^^. I've spent the past 20 years fighting "silos" in my department. Drives me flipping bats. When I have everyone in my department as knowledgeable as possible about each other's jobs and working together to solve problems we do so much more. I tell them my goal is to train you up, get you to know as much about everything our department does, then either help you work your way up our ladder or set you up to excel somewhere else.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18