Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memphis grizzlies

vCash

Memphis grizzlies

I know most this board doesn't like the nba, but I'm really enjoying this grizzlies team. Ja morant is a star.

vCash
    I'm a Hawks fan but do follow the NBA and Grizz prob the most after the hawks. Grizz are rolling and can play with anybody in the league right now.

vCash
    The emergence of Desmond Bane has been fun to watch too. He's the kind of complete 2 that the Grizz have been needing for a long time. If Jaren Jackson can find some consistency this is a borderline championship team.

vCash
    Memphis is playing tough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I know most this board doesn't like the nba, but I'm really enjoying this grizzlies team. Ja morant is a star.
    Haven't watched the NBA since the days of Walt Frazier, Willis Reed, Dave DeBusschere, Bailey Howell, etc. That was real basketball back then. The NBA today is NOT basketball; it's just 10 great athletes running up and down a court and jumping straight up every 24 seconds. I'd rather watch paint dry or grass grow than what is called professional basketball today. If it's not our dawgs, I don't even watch college basketball any more; it's almost unwatchable as well.

Guess I'm showing my age here . . . . . .

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    I can't bring myself to root for any team in Tennessee. Grizzlies basketball fans are mostly made up of middle aged dudes from Germantown, Cordova, Collierville, Olive Branch and Horn Lake who want to claim being from Memphis and on Twitter and message boards try to turn into Lil Wyte and Frayser Boy. I'm not buying it Tucker! I equate them the same as the throw it in the dirt guy from Ole Miss. God awfully annoying and don't really know the game.
    Last edited by Vandownbytheriver; 01-07-2022 at 10:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    Haven't watched the NBA since the days of Walt Frazier, Willis Reed, Dave DeBusschere, Bailey Howell, etc. That was real basketball back then. The NBA today is NOT basketball; it's just 10 great athletes running up and down a court and jumping straight up every 24 seconds. I'd rather watch paint dry or grass grow than what is called professional basketball today. If it's not our dawgs, I don't even watch college basketball any more; it's almost unwatchable as well.

Guess I'm showing my age here . . . . . .
    Everything changes over time and it's perfectly fine to prefer the past to the present, but the idea that the modern NBA is just hyper athletes crashing up and down the court is unfounded hyperbole. There's plenty of skill and nuance to be found if you withhold judgement and actually watch some games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    I can't bring myself to root for any team in Tennessee. Grizzlies basketball fans are mostly made up of middle aged dudes from Germantown, Cordova, Collierville, Olive Branch and Horn Lake who want to claim being from Memphis and on Twitter and message boards try to turn into Lil Wyte and Frayser Boy. I'm not buying it Tucker! I equate them the same as the throw it in the dirt guy from Ole Miss. God awfully annoying and don't really know the game.
    This feels like you have other issues not related to basketball or the Grizzlies lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    This feels like you have other issues not related to basketball or the Grizzlies lol
    Not a fan of people who pretend to be something they know they are not. And there's a ton of that in that area. Saw it during the Memphis game up there this year. Germantown is absolutely not Memphis Memphis.

vCash
    Sounds as if you are describing the typical Grover from gameday in oxfart

Banned
    vCash
    I like to watch Barkley and Shaq on TNT but rarely watch a full NBA Game. Mavs not beating the Heat stung. Would watch and pull for The 901 if they go deep since the Mavs are looking .500ish This year.

vCash
    You can't sit court side at the Grind house unless you "trim in the waist and cute in the face"

vCash
    Not a fan of people who pretend to be something they know they are not. And there's a ton of that in that area. Saw it during the Memphis game up there this year. Germantown is absolutely not Memphis Memphis.
    What does that have anything to do with the Grizzlies. Do you just want people in the metro area to not attend the games?

Banned
    vCash
    Lotta Tiger High fans in Germantown & I would bet some Grizzlies there too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    What does that have anything to do with the Grizzlies. Do you just want people in the metro area to not attend the games?
    Support the team yes, don't pretend you're from Whitehaven or Orange Mound when you're there or on Twitter. You can support a team without turning into an insufferable twat. It's no different to me than the redneck rebel flag portion of the Ole Miss fan base trying to act like they are above State fans and calling State Moo U. Support your team, but don't pretend to be something you are not.
    Last edited by Vandownbytheriver; 01-08-2022 at 08:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Everything changes over time and it's perfectly fine to prefer the past to the present, but the idea that the modern NBA is just hyper athletes crashing up and down the court is unfounded hyperbole. There's plenty of skill and nuance to be found if you withhold judgement and actually watch some games.
    While I agree, I do wish the NBA went back to 90s type rules to make the game more physical. I am cool with more 3s being shot today but Id like to see more physical/defensive play. It is all finesse now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Sorry, I'm also not a fan of dreds and tats either, and the NBA displays more of both than any other "sport." And honestly, the NBA is nothing more than one on one athletic moves on both ends of the court. Sure, there are some great pure shooters, but absolutely "ZERO" defense. And college BB is now so close to that that I hardly watch that any more either.

So yeah, I'm an old fart . . . . .

Banned
    vCash
    I'm no NBA real fan but the highlights and the few minutes I watch always impresses me with their freakish athleticism and skills.

vCash
    11 straight wins

M-V-P (morant)

vCash
    Usually teams try to add a piece at the deadline but right now I worry adding any piece will kill the chemistry with these guys. I mean obviously Ja is a human highlight reel but the last few games just look at who has stepped up. Whether it be Bane, Tyus, Zaire, or hell last night Konchar. This team has amazing chemistry and belief in each other. It really is fun to watch. And I will say this, if you don?t have a team or don?t watch the NBA, tune in to ESPN tonight and watch them. They play fast and there is a chance for a Top 10 play every time they are on offense. But most of all, they have FUN playing the game.