Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Excuse me

vCash

Excuse me

I just read something that gave a poll reading for the threshold of MLB hall of fame voting status. The magic percentage was 75. The recent poll I saw showed Bonds beyond 75. Sosa was at 17%

Ok. Fine. Where?s Pete? He?s better than both you mfers and didn?t have to use drugs to do it.

Fine. Race. Ok. Pete was a teammate and manager when times were a long way from what they were during Bond?s time.

Absolute bullshit

Pete is one of the greatest EVER. Without roids.

vCash
    Yes, Pete, was one of the best ball players ever and I hope he gets in the HOF.
    Last edited by Catfish; 01-09-2022 at 09:41 AM.

vCash
    He was not better than bonds... even pre-steroid bonds. Both should be in though.

vCash
    The #1 rule for a century in baseball was you can't be associated with gambling on baseball. So let's just ignore that Pete bet on games he was managing in. You guys are all about rules and commitment for our football players and yet want a guy that committed baseball's cardinal sin to be in the HOF? GTFO with that hypocrisy.

At least steroid guys can claim it was "part of the game" at the time. Pete can't claim that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    The #1 rule for a century in baseball was you can't be associated with gambling on baseball. So let's just ignore that Pete bet on games he was managing in. You guys are all about rules and commitment for our football players and yet want a guy that committed baseball's cardinal sin to be in the HOF? GTFO with that hypocrisy.

At least steroid guys can claim it was "part of the game" at the time. Pete can't claim that.
    That's a good point. I still think he deserves it on his playing career even if he tainted it while managing.

vCash
    They'll let him in one day after he'd dead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Agreed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Shoeless Joe says "I don't think so."

vCash
    Rose was much better than Sosa, and Bonds is hard to say as he was about a buck 60 soaking wet then put on 80 pounds through steroids and GH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Rose was much better than Sosa, and Bonds is hard to say as he was about a buck 60 soaking wet then put on 80 pounds through steroids and GH.
    Bonds was always better. Rose topped out at 7.4 fWAR. Bonds topped that 9 times before the roid years ('01-'04). During that stretch, he was over 10 all 4 years and over 12 twice. Bonds walked at an unbelievable 20.3% rate and only struck out at 12.2% for his career, and he was a freaking slugger. That's an amazing stat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Bonds was always better. Rose topped out at 7.4 fWAR. Bonds topped that 9 times before the roid years ('01-'04). During that stretch, he was over 10 all 4 years and over 12 twice. Bonds walked at an unbelievable 20.3% rate and only struck out at 12.2% for his career, and he was a freaking slugger. That's an amazing stat
    Bonds was on the gas way before 2001

There’s a big rewriting of history

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Bonds was on the gas way before 2001

There’s a big rewriting of history
    Let's say it was 1996 then. Bonds topped rose's rWAR peak 5 times before 1996

vCash
    Pete Rose should never touch the HOF.

Banned
    vCash
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JwMfT2cZGHg

Regardless of Steroids opinions... that 04 season is still the wildest stat line I've ever seen from a baseball player.

Rose will never be allowed in when alive. Maybe dead, but X needs to get in as well.

Baseball's hall of fame is so stupid. Arguably 4 of the top 10 most recognizable baseball names (Bonds, Shoeless, Rose, ARod) will not be allowed in while Larry Walker and Jim Rice are in there lmfao. I only hope they **** up and elect a guy who gets outed for Steroid use later (looking at you David Ortiz). Ruin the "sanctity" or whatever bs. The MLB looked the other way and rather encouraged it.

In fact, with advancements in modern medicine, who is to say there should be anything against HGH anymore. What is "natural"? It's stupid and arbitrary and one (of numerous) reasons why major league baseball is going the way of NASCAR.

vCash
    I have no problem with any of these guys being left out of the HOF. The thing that does hurt it is letting guys like Craig Biggio in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I have no problem with any of these guys being left out of the HOF. The thing that does hurt it is letting guys like Craig Biggio in.
    Or Harold Baines just because he had friends on the veterans' committee.

vCash
    HOF should be for great players, not good players. Huge difference. Way too many good players being elected now.

Banned
    vCash
    Anybody ever heard of Rose's connection to the KC, MO MOB regarding his gambling escapades? An in-law of mine claimed insider info saying Pete bet on his team to lose sometimes. Take it for what it's worth. Pete knew full well about gambling while the steroid users did so as an "everybody's doing it" kinda thing. Bonds had the strongest and fastest wrists and forearms I've ever seen. Shoeless had great stats in the world series.

vCash
    Rose was a great but he wasn't on Barry's level ever. Barry is one of the best to play and I say that through clenched teeth because I wasn't a fan of his reportedly selfish attitude plus the steroid usage. If they let Barry in though that opens up a huge can of worms as you can't ignore guys like Sosa, McGwire and others.

Rose's issue is entirely a different issue. I think it is a little more cut and dry though since it was separate from his playing time but it was pretty despicable nonetheless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I've always thought 3000+ career hits made you a lock for the HOF. Quite an achievement anyway.