Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Let the Diamond Girls on the Field

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMomofaDawg View Post
    The dancers are not the Diamond Girls.
    Then I have to ask, what the heck do diamond girls do, and why are they considered a tradition if I didn?t know what they do after going to games for 20 years? Seems to me, they are something we do and not really integral to our team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    They are not on scholarship no. They are volunteers and get nothing in return other than the "prestige" that comes with it
    What ?prestige??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMomofaDawg View Post
    Homedawg gets it.
    I disagree. Home dog doesn?t get it. The university only controls what it controls. They are responsible to limit what they can. Diamond dogs girls are something that frankly doesn?t offer much and can be temporarily eliminated. I, you, and home dog do not have that responsibility. I now support this decision. Let these gals just go to the game like everyone else. What happens away from the field, is not the universities responsibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I disagree. Home dog doesn?t get it. The university only controls what it controls. They are responsible to limit what they can. Diamond dogs girls are something that frankly doesn?t offer much and can be temporarily eliminated. I, you, and home dog do not have that responsibility. I now support this decision. Let these gals just go to the game like everyone else. What happens away from the field, is not the universities responsibility.
    Yep, they made the right decision. There will always be people that can't understand that will bitch an moan. These are hard decisions that real leaders make in these times. It may help the team stay on the field playing even through this latest surge.

I think we all hope that thing will end and soon. I believe this Omicron variant is just what we all needed to make that very thing happen too. It is so contagious that everyone is getting exposed and those that are going to get it, vaccinated or not will have gotten it in a few more weeks. That ever elusive herd immunity will finally arrive until the next variant but as I understand it, as the new variants come and go they will be less and less deadly.

vCash
    Is this situation to be reviewed once more later this month? At this point it's like a cat chasing his tail. He gets tired and quits for a bit but then eventually gets back at it.

vCash
    Yes, that's true. So why not get rid of the managers? The radio crew and everyone else? Guess those people can't pass covid along to baseball players though****

vCash
    And again, two other schools in the same state, one in the conference, both under the same IHL and same SDH, have not eliminated them. Even you don't believe Covid is the real reason. Neither do all the former players fighting this against our AD & President.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yes, that's true. So why not get rid of the managers? The radio crew and everyone else? Guess those people can't pass covid along to baseball players though****
    The managers are around the team all the time, and I would argue are necessary to get our team outfitted and ready to play.
    The radio crew? They are in the booth and do not mix with the club on any practical level. I would argue, that if they did meet with players, they should stop doing that too.

This "whataboutism" does absolutely nothing for this conversation. The fact is, Diamond Girls are just something we do not have to have for baseball to take place. It is a luxury, and as adults we should all understand that it isn't required or even necessary.

Again, the only thing that matters is that the people that are responsible for the health and safety of our players is doing their jobs. It sucks, yes. But necessary. And you can second guess them all you want, if the responsibility fell to you, I would bet 100% you would change your tune.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    And again, two other schools in the same state, one in the conference, both under the same IHL and same SDH, have not eliminated them. Even you don't believe Covid is the real reason. Neither do all the former players fighting this against our AD & President.
    I would argue that their leadership is 17n up and being dumbasses.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Well then, what is it then? Because I have not seen a single person with inside knowledge of this situation spell it out. To me, it is temporarily eliminating something we do not need due to covid, which makes 100% sense. So spell it out. What is really going on here, and make sure what you say is 1st hand knowledge of the situation. Adding bullshit to this discussion isn't going to help anything.
    Downvotes_Hype

Banned
    vCash
    Delete

vCash
    The managers are around the team all the time, and I would argue are necessary to get our team outfitted and ready to play.
    The radio crew? They are in the booth and do not mix with the club on any practical level. I would argue, that if they did meet with players, they should stop doing that too.

This "whataboutism" does absolutely nothing for this conversation. The fact is, Diamond Girls are just something we do not have to have for baseball to take place. It is a luxury, and as adults we should all understand that it isn't required or even necessary.

Again, the only thing that matters is that the people that are responsible for the health and safety of our players is doing their jobs. It sucks, yes. But necessary. And you can second guess them all you want, if the responsibility fell to you, I would bet 100% you would change your tune.
    So if you're and integral part, it's ok to be around them? As for radio crew they are on the field with them pregame, ride the bus with them and do pregame meals with them, just fyi.

vCash

chill

Banned
    vCash
    Last edited by OLJWales; 01-19-2022 at 03:06 PM.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    This is from an article that Steve wrote about the DGs. Seems that it's not just an instance of them being singled out.

"The number of working staff employed by the University and members of the press have been limited on the sidelines over the course of the global pandemic. The number of photographers for football has been drastically cut. Free lance photogs who were once a part of the Saturday shooting gallery have not been issued credentials for the past two seasons.
    During the 2021 college baseball season, Mississippi State provided photographs for working media. The close quarters of the dugout camera wells did not provide sufficient room for the usual demand for photographer credentials.
    The basketball ball kid program has been suspended for two seasons now as the University seeks to limit the number of personnel on the floor. In fact, members of the Mississippi State media have been relocated to the upper sections of Humphrey Coliseum."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    This is from an article that Steve wrote about the DGs. Seems that it's not just an instance of them being singled out.

"The number of working staff employed by the University and members of the press have been limited on the sidelines over the course of the global pandemic. The number of photographers for football has been drastically cut. Free lance photogs who were once a part of the Saturday shooting gallery have not been issued credentials for the past two seasons.
    During the 2021 college baseball season, Mississippi State provided photographs for working media. The close quarters of the dugout camera wells did not provide sufficient room for the usual demand for photographer credentials.
    The basketball ball kid program has been suspended for two seasons now as the University seeks to limit the number of personnel on the floor. In fact, members of the Mississippi State media have been relocated to the upper sections of Humphrey Coliseum."
    in other words - Blame China ... Not Cohen
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.