Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Let the Diamond Girls on the Field

vCash
    I guess we should let the players take their unis home and wash them so we can get rid of the managers. I mean the managers being close to them might cause a way bigger risk****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    No offense - but yalll are acting like this isn't happening all over the place with activities and student organizations of all kinds. It has been and will continue probably they the rest of this school year at least. Neither of my kids have had what I would call "normal" experiences at college the past 2+ years. In 2020, my daughter was the lead organizer for a major regional conference that is on campus every spring. It's a big deal in her department for post-grad networking. She had worked her tail off and gotten nationally prominent speakers to attend. COVID hit 3 weeks before the conference, and they had to go all on-line and wiped out all travel and all the events they had planned. She had to learn to roll with it and the disappointment. My son spent all Fall of 2020 going to marching band rehearsals 3 days a week so they could be prepared for "if" Valdosta State was allowed to let them play at games at some point - 14 weeks including band camp for shows they never got to play. Neither of them went crying to the university about it because they realize it's all about bigger things than them.

It's a damn world wide pandemic that has killed 850,000 Americans. I'm glad of the policies MSU and a lot of universities have enacted - it's kept both my kids from getting it over the past 2+ years. I'm glad they didn't get it like I did - where I was nearly intubated because my O2 levels crashed. I'm glad they didn't have to spend a week in the hospital and 3 weeks recovering like me. I'm glad they haven't caught it and died like 4 of my family members have. If missing a season of games, or going online, or wearing a mask, or having a conference and hard work cancelled - so be it.
    Yet, the other teams aren't eliminating them. So your argument is invalid. Do you really believe college kids aren't at bars and parties during the week or season? You don't think they're banging their girlfriends and talking to their side piece? Not a damn soul is catching Covid outside.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 01-17-2022 at 10:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    But they can wait outside the locker room and give them a hug. They can sit beside them in class. They can go to a bar and be 2' from them. They can go to their room. So they whole thing is about optics and that's it.... nothing more nothing less. By not letting diamond girls on the field, are we slowing the spread of covid? If you say yes I've got some land I'd like to sell you.
    Classes are requiring masks now, so, so much for that example. As for optics you are exactly right, what other choice do they have? Outside of a university sponsored event they can?t control things nor do I think they care, something most here fail to understand. But, this tread consists of mostly regurgitated political talking points from an effete population with a narrow point of view.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Classes are requiring masks now, so, so much for that example. As for optics you are exactly right, what other choice do they have? Outside of a university sponsored event they can?t control things nor do I think they care, something most here fail to understand. But, this tread consists of mostly regurgitated political talking points from an effete population with a narrow point of view.
    Great, masks in classes and no diamond girls on the field, we'll have this covid thing whipped in no time***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Yet, the other teams aren't eliminating them. So your argument is invalid. Do you really believe college kids aren't at bars and parties during the week or season? You don't think they're banging their girlfriends and talking to their side piece? Not a damn soul is catching Covid outside.
    No, I'm not naive. Universities are controlling what they can control and mitigating risk and liability. It's the way of the world right now and will be until we transition from pandemic to endemic. They are also looking at the bottom line. Which is more important for all of the above - keeping ball players on the field playing games and avoiding forfeits, or having non ball players picking up bats and handing balls to the umps? Frankly, as they are assessing it, I am sure a lot of "we have no issues last year, so let's keep the status quo" is a big motivator.

vCash
    Covid is a convenient excuse by Cohen, who has wanted to do this for years. He hated it when he was coach. He got called out on it, so we'll see how it ends up. Probably like our marketing dept, they'll disappear.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Great, masks in classes and no diamond girls on the field, we'll have this covid thing whipped in no time***
    We would, if people gave a shit. They just don't. So we have to continue with this. I said it from day 1. Wear a mask, stay socially distant, wear a mask indoors, wash your hands. Then when the vaccine came out, do all of that and get the vaccine. When the numbers are way down, ditch the mask. Keep you circle small.

But nope. People don't want to do any of it. So.... here we are. Greatest country in the world, with the greatest toughest son of a bitches in the world, can't take a small shot and wear a mask. 17n bunch of C**ts if you ask me.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I would like to add, I like seeing the young coed girls up there dancing and what not. So I hope they do get to do it. They are very attractive so I support it.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    No, I'm not naive. Universities are controlling what they can control and mitigating risk and liability. It's the way of the world right now and will be until we transition from pandemic to endemic. They are also looking at the bottom line. Which is more important for all of the above - keeping ball players on the field playing games and avoiding forfeits, or having non ball players picking up bats and handing balls to the umps? Frankly, as they are assessing it, I am sure a lot of "we have no issues last year, so let's keep the status quo" is a big motivator.
    Exactly. Every other statement has now been defeated. None of these jokers have to make the decision with the risk and liability.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    We would, if people gave a shit. They just don't. So we have to continue with this. I said it from day 1. Wear a mask, stay socially distant, wear a mask indoors, wash your hands. Then when the vaccine came out, do all of that and get the vaccine. When the numbers are way down, ditch the mask. Keep you circle small.

But nope. People don't want to do any of it. So.... here we are. Greatest country in the world, with the greatest toughest son of a bitches in the world, can't take a small shot and wear a mask. 17n bunch of C**ts if you ask me.
    Then explain to me why countries that have done ALL of that have similar numbers to ours?? States that have done all of that etc. yeah I know you'll blame no masks(which don't work) and everyone else. Go ahead I've heard it before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I would like to add, I like seeing the young coed girls up there dancing and what not. So I hope they do get to do it. They are very attractive so I support it.
    The dancers are not the Diamond Girls.

vCash
    I guess we should let the players take their unis home and wash them so we can get rid of the managers. I mean the managers being close to them might cause a way bigger risk****
    Ha! Have some rep!

vCash
    Excellent!

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMomofaDawg View Post
    The dancers are not the Diamond Girls.
    So what exactly do the Diamond Girls do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    What exactly do cheerleaders do

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    These days they seem to do the latest TikTok craze that will get them 10s of 10s of views.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    Normally, on game days, they retrieve bats and foul balls and take water to the umpires. They also greet fans and used to sell programs until State did away with printed programs. On non-game days, they help work events for former players and baseball camps. They also step up to do whatever else needs doing, such as decorating Christmas trees at the Bryan. They work with Maroon Memories to help with all the goodwill programs for little kids. They are the ambassadors of the baseball program. Since Covid, all they are doing is selling merchandise on game days. That is a task that marketing handled pre-Covid.

What is crazy is that these Covid decisions are ostensibly being made to protect the students at State, all of whom are young adults and are perfectly capable of making their own decisions to protect themselves. For example, my family chose to get vaccinated. Some choose not to. That is a decision for each person to make after conducting his or her own risk-benefit analysis. Individuals can evaluate the level of risk and take steps to mitigate that risk or not, but many people are sick and tired of this nonsense of canceling and modifying the things we do in life especially when those decisions are made based on optics rather than actual risk.
    Last edited by TigerMomofaDawg; 01-17-2022 at 08:12 PM.

vCash
    Sho is some optics for sure.

vCash
    Isn't the consensus now that the virus is airborne only, and not passed along by touching surfaces?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    if they are allowed on the football field then they should be allowed on the baseball field
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.