Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Tolu Smith not playing tonight per Twitter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Might wanna recheck that. SC won scoring the same total. Offense wasn't the problem... defense was. Freaking Murrell went off
    Doesn't that happen a good bit to us? Our perimeter D has never been stellar under Howland. It's the way we defend screens. Our Defensive stats can be misleading due to our pace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    .. but he can't coach that way.
    He can't 'coach' .. period! Pitiful.. just pitiful!

vCash
    So just to be clear, Howland is in year 7 with a ton of talent, Novac is in year 1 after walking into a terrible situation and Novac has 2 better wins and a much more disciplined/consistent team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Doesn't that happen a good bit to us? Our perimeter D has never been stellar under Howland. It's the way we defend screens. Our Defensive stats can be misleading due to our pace.
    Murrell entered the game as a 36.6% shooter, so I don't think him shooting 10/11 (.91) is normal

vCash
    Murrell entered the game as a 36.6% shooter, so I don't think him shooting 10/11 (.91) is normal
    To your earlier comment about Tolu, Paul said it was not discipline related.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah we seem to always have the athletes to do it but Howland can't seem to coach that.
    Not defending Howland but State doesn't have any better athletes than most sec school. I'd say State isn't as athletic as some. Murrel went up knowing nobody was blocking his shot. Also nobody could handle #3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    To your earlier comment about Tolu, Paul said it was not discipline related.
    Good, but what the hell is so secretive about it?

Banned
    vCash
    If this season tanks, which looks highly likely, no other evidence needed to prove Howland no longer has the physical or mental energy required and I wouldn't be surprised if laziness and not give a shit hadn't crept in as well. He's prolly missing that So-Cal Cuisine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Not defending Howland but State doesn't have any better athletes than most sec school. I'd say State isn't as athletic as some. Murrel went up knowing nobody was blocking his shot. Also nobody could handle #3.
    I agree with that I'm talking more about the pace of play. We hardly ever run and we move extremely slow on offense. We have enough talented players to run more and use their athleticism

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I agree with that I'm talking more about the pace of play. We hardly ever run and we move extremely slow on offense. We have enough talented players to run more and use their athleticism
    We're not being COACHED to pick up the pace. Low Energy Coach = Low Energy Team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    We're not being COACHED to pick up the pace. Low Energy Coach = Low Energy Team.
    Yes it's almost like watching paint dry.

vCash
    Good, but what the hell is so secretive about it?
    There's a new cannabis strand called "Moultrie Knee"; I hear it slams...***

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    There's a new cannabis strand called "Moultrie Knee"; I hear it slams...***
    LMAO. Those were some funny assed threads. "Big Feces" Rocked too. Gotta laugh to keep from cryin' sometimes I reckon.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 01-08-2022 at 11:54 PM.

vCash
    We are an offense in slow motion compared to just about every other college basketball team. We don't have much movement to set up shots. It's more like just past the ball around some. It's more of hit and miss (no innovation or creativity) offensive strategy, and it seems to be more misses than hits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    We are an offense in slow motion compared to just about every other college basketball team. We don't have much movement to set up shots. It's more like just past the ball around some. It's more of hit and miss (no innovation or creativity) offensive strategy, and it seems to be more misses than hits.
    Pretty much the same knock on Ben when he was at UCLA and when we hired him.

vCash
    And we don't have any player who is a go to guy for 3s.

vCash
    This is the reason for the long stretches every game where we don't score points.

vCash
    We still run the damn weave.

Disclaimer: I don't want Howland fired

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I truly think our teams have talent but lack IQ. It?s been the same with every Howland team. Talent out the wazoo but very little between the ears.
    The constant in that scenario is Howland. He obviously can't get the good out his players anymore and his offense sucks ass and his D now does too. Bye bye for good. I hope they win it all, but I'm done till Howland is gone.
    Last edited by Bdawg; 01-09-2022 at 03:58 AM.

vCash
    Well that was my first game to attend in person this season of MSU basketball and I can honestly say that I know at least 3 or 4 high school coaches who are more efficient teachers of offensive ball movement and moving without the ball on offense. I have no idea what the MSU defensive strategy actually was. There was no anticipation and favoring passing lanes. A better effort was made on D in parts of the 2nd half but Howland never had an answer for the 7 footer which in my view helped the 3 ball shooters have more space. This type effort will lead to no road wins in conference play.