Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Deion just got another one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDAWGFAN View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves here.... they follow Saban because of the $$$$ too.
    Good post!!! Money has been there for a lot of players. Shush fund!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    If you think this is all about Deion and nothing about dollars, then you must also think these kids are idiots...bc no NFL connections in the SWAC are worth turning down major college football to go play AND LIVE in Jackson, MS where you will never be heard of again after the dust settles from the shock of your commitment to them.

This has everything to do with money.

I used to want JSU to have some success with Deion, but now that they have a little and their fans start acting like it's just because "kids want to play for a program like Jackson State", I kinda don't care anymore. I saw a lady on Twitter say "it ain't got anything to do with NIL, these kids just starting to realize they need to stay close to home and attend these flourishing HBCU's". In response to two kids from nowhere near Jackson, MS signing with a HBCU in Jackson, MS. Don't get me wrong, I get their excitement, but why not just admit the obvious as to how it's happening? Doesn't change the fact that it's happening and is still exciting for you.

That would be like Saban being hired at State, us signing a Top 5 class, someone saying "it's only bc of Saban", and me getting pissed and saying "no, they just finally seeing how great Starkville is". Gimme a break, lol.
    I never said it's all about Deion. I clearly stated it's about the money. Money now and money in the NFL. It's amazing to me all the hate he gets for playing the same game EVERY P5 University does but he's scrutinized. Also, there's no SEC University that's safe from violence. I witnessed more violence and drugs in Starkville while I was there than any place I've ever lived. Haters gonna hate though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Are you kidding me? Kiffin coached in the NFL and was under Pete Carroll at USC and his Dad who is on their staff is one of the top DC's in football history. Ever heard of the Tampa 2 defense? Their new OC Dad also coached in the NFL as well under Bill Parcells and Bill Bellichick. Not to mention that they can dip into the Manning's when they want to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Kiffin
    Kiffin got the job because of his father. He rode that coattail right back where he belonged. No NFL team is at all interested in Lane Kiffin. It's amazing you think so. How is Kiffin going to dip into the Manning's for NFL connections? Kiffin can't even dip and sign Cooper Manning's son.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I never said it's all about Deion. I clearly stated it's about the money. Money now and money in the NFL. It's amazing to me all the hate he gets for playing the same game EVERY P5 University does but he's scrutinized. Also, there's no SEC University that's safe from violence. I witnessed more violence and drugs in Starkville while I was there than any place I've ever lived. Haters gonna hate though
    Nobody's hating, we're just saying JSU people need to be realistic about how it's happening. And are you really going to compare Starkville to the #1 Murder Rate in the USA??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Kiffin got the job because of his father. He rode that coattail right back where he belonged. No NFL team is at all interested in Lane Kiffin. It's amazing you think so. How is Kiffin going to dip into the Manning's for NFL connections? Kiffin can't even dip and sign Cooper Manning's son.
    Kiffin's being mentioned for the Vikings job.

vCash
    I had to Google that. Dang, I can't believe it. Hope he gets it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Nobody's hating, we're just saying JSU people need to be realistic about how it's happening. And are you really going to compare Starkville to the #1 Murder Rate in the USA??

They know it's about the money or at least they should. They should also know once he leaves it's over. I'm just ok with letting them have their moment in the sun. They're not hurting us with these recruits.

vCash
    Kiffin being mentioned means nothing. Come back when he actually interviews or makes the cut for the top 3 candidates.

vCash
    Deion to OM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    #1 WR recruit isn't passing up $500k to $1 Mil to go to JSU and not get paid. Deion can say whatever he wants. As much as I love MSU, any 18 year old was offered nothing to go to MSU and $1 Mil to go to Ole Miss, they are in Oxford. That is especially true about going to a shit SWAC school. Not only are the facilities a lot worse but the actual education is also. I worked with some SWAC graduates and those diplomas were barely worth the paper they were printed on. Most are about equivalent to a high school diploma from an average school.
    Yep. Like I said, something big happening because I know he had a chance at other NIL deals from the D1 level.