Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deion just got another one

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I don't think Deion is interested in a big time FBS job like y'all think. He's trying to shake things up and prove a point at an HBCU. I wouldn't be shocked if he sees how big he can get this thing
    Wouldn't shock me since he's loaded one would think. Not sure I'd like that though considering new competition for croots & shit. Would Prime Time actually settle down in Jacktown though?

vCash
    I think Prime's goals were to come to a HBCU school and get the fan base fired up and supporting the program and packing the stands, show he can recruit players who don't normally go to a HBCU school, turn a school into a HBCU powerhouse and get national attention and publicity from the media for the school and the HBCU. He has said that he wants to see JSU on ESPN TV broadcasts and not just on some app. So, I don't see that he is looking for another school any time soon either.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-09-2022 at 12:24 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
    This will run it?s course in a couple years just like it did with master p?s kid. They shiny new thing will wear off and all that?s left is a school with limited resources, trainers, docs, gyms, etc.
    You're going to be disappointed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It's cute for a year or two until he leaves.
    But let's say they have an undefeated season or two, win a couple of HBCU National Championships, and knock off a couple of Sun Belt teams in the process. That's probably well worth it for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Wouldn't shock me since he's loaded one would think. Not sure I'd like that though considering new competition for croots & shit. Would Prime Time actually settle down in Jacktown though?
    Allegedly he has a house in Madison. I'm sure he could afford whatever the most expensive house in Eastover is too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
    This will run it?s course in a couple years just like it did with master p?s kid. They shiny new thing will wear off and all that?s left is a school with limited resources, trainers, docs, gyms, etc.
    I think the timing is right for it too. With schools learning how to navigate the NIL I think they blindisded some schools. I can't see JSU sustainably signing top prospects consistently like they are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I think Prime's goals were to come to a HBCU school and get the fan base fired up and supporting the program and packing the stands, show he can recruit players who don't normally go to a HBCU school, turn a school into a HBCU powerhouse and get national attention and publicity from the media for the school and the HBCU. He has said that he wants to see JSU on ESPN TV broadcasts and not just on some app. So, I don't see that he is looking for another school any time soon either.
    If he keeps pulling bigtime recruits and winning ballgames somebody in the FBS will make him an offer he can't refuse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think the timing is right for it too. With schools learning how to navigate the NIL I think they blindisded some schools. I can't see JSU sustainably signing top prospects consistently like they are.
    The players are following Deion the NIL deals are just a bonus. Deion has just as many NFL connects as Saban.

vCash
    I think these kids plan on being one-and-done. It could be because they want their one-year NIL deal and then transfer to a legit football school. They are intrigued by Deion and getting their name out there, but ultimately they realize that playing FCS talent is not going to improve their draft stock.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I think these kids plan on being one-and-done. It could be because they want their one-year NIL deal and then transfer to a legit football school. They are intrigued by Deion and getting their name out there, but ultimately they realize that playing FCS talent is not going to improve their draft stock.
    The NFL is littered with no name school & FCS school players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Huh? The power 5 isn't the only route to the NFL. These players are legit talented kids that will learn from ex NFL players and NFL coaches. They'll be more than prepared for the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    But let's say they have an undefeated season or two, win a couple of HBCU National Championships, and knock off a couple of Sun Belt teams in the process. That's probably well worth it for them.
    I would have to agree with that. That would be huge.

vCash
    With current transfer rules, why not go to a Jackson state your freshmen year when you'd most likely red shirt at an fbs school. Transfer your sophomore year..... Then get ready for the NFL. Saves your legs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    The players are following Deion the NIL deals are just a bonus. Deion has just as many NFL connects as Saban.
    Lmao. Ok........
    These "kids" are all about the dollar. They follow Saban because of his National Championships and they think playing for him helps them get into the NFL. Prime hasn't won shit.

Banned
    vCash
    Prime Prep's Collosal Failure before taking JSU Job.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...te-prime-prep/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    The NFL is littered with no name school & FCS school players.
    Littered, exactly. When the draft happens tell me how many FCS names get called.

I just looked and last year there were 5 of 259 ,almost 2%. More than I thought.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 01-09-2022 at 12:18 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    I don't think barstool was involved with either of them. I think they were just playing along with ppl who were assuming barstool was behind Deion landing that first big one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Dieon will keep them at JSU until he gets a bigger job, then he will take them all with him. JSU has to know and understand that?

My question is, who will be the first to take a shot on him? I mean you are literally getting Dieon and Barstool as a combo pack apparently?
    Maybe we should hire Deion to bring Barstool and a few recruit to Starkville. Ha ha

vCash
    Sanders said in an interview that the recruit ain’t getting 1.5 million. “I ain’t paying a kid 1.5 million to play for me, that is more than I make here”. He also said that he has never talked to Barstool and that they are saying that to “cover hurt feelings that we beat them for a kid to play football.” He did the interview in what looked like a storage room. Ha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I'm pretty sure just about every staff in America in D-1 has some NFL connections.

This sounds a lot like Ole Miss fans claiming that five star recruits go there because of the Oxford dive bar nightlife.