Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deion just got another one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Sanders said in an interview that the recruit ain’t getting 1.5 million. “I ain’t paying a kid 1.5 million to play for me, that is more than I make here”. He also said that he has never talked to Barstool and that they are saying that to “cover hurt feelings that we beat them for a kid to play football.” He did the interview in what looked like a storage room. Ha.
    He's not lying if Barstool is doing it on their own.

vCash
    He understands fully what the process is. he is simply maintaining proper separation from the issue to maintain integrity.

vCash
    Deion would 100% take a Power 5 job if offered to him, and he'd probably take just about any FBS job.

He's currently invested in HBCU's because...he is...an active HBCU head coach.

vCash

Why?

Why would I be disappointed? I could give 2 shits. Shit will run it?s course. Just like most NIL stuff. Folks will overplay their hand, and we will all move on to the next thing, just like these players will move on.

vCash
    I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya...*

"It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
    Why would I be disappointed? I could give 2 shits. Shit will run it?s course. Just like most NIL stuff. Folks will overplay their hand, and we will all move on to the next thing, just like these players will move on.
    Boosters are starting nonprofits to do NIL deals. Folks funding NIL deals are only looking to improve the talent at their respective programs. It's not an investment seeking a personal monetary return. It's been happening for decades. Now you can do it above board. Not getting the return on the field will cause many to up the ante.

vCash

And?

That will run it?s course too when folks are paying for the number 1 QB recruit to come to their school, he takes the money and leaves after a semester to do it all over again. Then you?ll have all the Texas OL that are getting paid. Next they will all 5 get together and demand more, if it?s not met, they transfer as a package. Like I said, folks will eventually not care as much, this will be page 2 and it won?t look anything like it is right now. Everyone will jump the shark and overplay their hand and us fans will finally truly not give a shit anymore. It?s coming and as this unfolds the bidding wars will die down. This is the gold rush for the next 2-5 years. Hope everyone enjoys it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
    That will run it?s course too when folks are paying for the number 1 QB recruit to come to their school, he takes the money and leaves after a semester to do it all over again. Then you?ll have all the Texas OL that are getting paid. Next they will all 5 get together and demand more, if it?s not met, they transfer as a package. Like I said, folks will eventually not care as much, this will be page 2 and it won?t look anything like it is right now. Everyone will jump the shark and overplay their hand and us fans will finally truly not give a shit anymore. It?s coming and as this unfolds the bidding wars will die down. This is the gold rush for the next 2-5 years. Hope everyone enjoys it.
    All this going on and nobody in the stands to watch. Especially when the players leave after one year.
    Last edited by Catfish; 01-09-2022 at 05:56 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    All this going on and nobody in the stands to watch.
    There will be big first half crowds; after the main event, who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Lmao. Ok........
    These "kids" are all about the dollar. They follow Saban because of his National Championships and they think playing for him helps them get into the NFL. Prime hasn't won shit.
    They follow Saban for the dollar. They've always been paid in college with Saban then he prepares them for the NFL "more dollars". Kids don't care about a championship like you think. Championships are for fans once they leave college they're not talking about college Championships to their peers who aren't impressed. It's always been about the dollar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm pretty sure just about every staff in America in D-1 has some NFL connections.

This sounds a lot like Ole Miss fans claiming that five star recruits go there because of the Oxford dive bar nightlife.
    Ole Miss entire staff combined doesn't have the NFL connections as Deion alone.

vCash
    If you think this is all about Deion and nothing about dollars, then you must also think these kids are idiots...bc no NFL connections in the SWAC are worth turning down major college football to go play AND LIVE in Jackson, MS where you will never be heard of again after the dust settles from the shock of your commitment to them.

This has everything to do with money.

I used to want JSU to have some success with Deion, but now that they have a little and their fans start acting like it's just because "kids want to play for a program like Jackson State", I kinda don't care anymore. I saw a lady on Twitter say "it ain't got anything to do with NIL, these kids just starting to realize they need to stay close to home and attend these flourishing HBCU's". In response to two kids from nowhere near Jackson, MS signing with a HBCU in Jackson, MS. Don't get me wrong, I get their excitement, but why not just admit the obvious as to how it's happening? Doesn't change the fact that it's happening and is still exciting for you.

That would be like Saban being hired at State, us signing a Top 5 class, someone saying "it's only bc of Saban", and me getting pissed and saying "no, they just finally seeing how great Starkville is". Gimme a break, lol.

vCash
    Rich info from Cadaver.......again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    If you think this is all about Deion and nothing about dollars, then you must also think these kids are idiots...bc no NFL connections in the SWAC are worth turning down major college football to go play AND LIVE in Jackson, MS where you will never be heard of again after the dust settles from the shock of your commitment to them.

I used to want JSU to have some success with Deion, but now that they have a little and their fans start acting like it's just because "kids want to play for a program like Jackson State", I kinda don't care anymore. I saw a lady on Twitter say "it ain't got anything to do with NIL, these kids just starting to realize they need to stay close to home and attend these flourishing HBCU's". In response to two kids from nowhere near Jackson, MS signing with a HBCU in Jackson, MS. Don't get me wrong, I get their excitement, but why not just admit the obvious as to how it's happening? Doesn't change the fact that it's happening and is still exciting for you.

That would be like Saban being hired at State, us signing a Top 5 class, someone saying "it's only bc of Saban", and me getting pissed and saying "no, they just finally seeing how great Starkville is". Gimme a break, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Rich info from Cadaver.......again
    Cadaver is right. Something's going down and it doesn't have much of anything to do with Deion. Big money is coming in from somewhere to get these kids to go there(and I have no clue why) when they have other opportunities and NIL deals to be had at other top D1 schools. I cant wait for all this crap to come crashing down, with all these players thinking they can hit the portal for better NIL deals each year. If a top notch players hasn't used his one time transfer, I could see it being used as a bargaining chip each year just to remain at that school. This stuff is just pathetic and can create great roster damage to a school in just 1 year and make it terribly hard to replace lost guys by portal alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Ole Miss entire staff combined doesn't have the NFL connections as Deion alone.
    Are you kidding me? Kiffin coached in the NFL and was under Pete Carroll at USC and his Dad who is on their staff is one of the top DC's in football history. Ever heard of the Tampa 2 defense? Their new OC Dad also coached in the NFL as well under Bill Parcells and Bill Bellichick. Not to mention that they can dip into the Manning's when they want to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Kiffin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post

I went to UMC as well as MSU and all I'll say is living in Fondren and going to a college in Jackson is not that bad. And it's not that far from JSU's campus. It's not Madison- but it's hardly terrible.

Otherwise I agree.

Banned
    vCash
    After the Academic and financial mess Deion left in Dallas with his Prime Prep school, there's a chance many will pass on hiring him. He also choked a financial officer at the school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Cadaver is right. Something's going down and it doesn't have much of anything to do with Deion. Big money is coming in from somewhere to get these kids to go there(and I have no clue why) when they have other opportunities and NIL deals to be had at other top D1 schools. I cant wait for all this crap to come crashing down, with all these players thinking they can hit the portal for better NIL deals each year. If a top notch players hasn't used his one time transfer, I could see it being used as a bargaining chip each year just to remain at that school. This stuff is just pathetic and can create great roster damage to a school in just 1 year and make it terribly hard to replace lost guys by portal alone.
    #1 WR recruit isn't passing up $500k to $1 Mil to go to JSU and not get paid. Deion can say whatever he wants. As much as I love MSU, any 18 year old was offered nothing to go to MSU and $1 Mil to go to Ole Miss, they are in Oxford. That is especially true about going to a shit SWAC school. Not only are the facilities a lot worse but the actual education is also. I worked with some SWAC graduates and those diplomas were barely worth the paper they were printed on. Most are about equivalent to a high school diploma from an average school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I went to UMC as well as MSU and all I'll say is living in Fondren and going to a college in Jackson is not that bad. And it's not that far from JSU's campus. It's not Madison- but it's hardly terrible.

Otherwise I agree.

Crime is terrible in that area now days! I would not live there, I have considered it but quickly changed my mind!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Lmao. Ok........
    These "kids" are all about the dollar. They follow Saban because of his National Championships and they think playing for him helps them get into the NFL. Prime hasn't won shit.
    Let's not kid ourselves here.... they follow Saban because of the $$$$ too.