Thread: Something that I think we are going to see happen....

vCash

Something that I think we are going to see happen....

Lets say you are the parents of some of the starting OL for Texas A&M. These NIL deals of 20 mil turn out to be true. Your son and the other starting lineman only have small deals. I get them all together and make them realize that none of these star backs can do anything if they don't block. They organize and decide to sit out practice until they get fair deals.
    A situation similar to this is what started this whole deal and it's been downhill from there. It's coming. It's gonna be really interesting. It might actually be the reality check for some of these big donors. Eventually they will get tired of writing checks with no ROI.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Lets say you are the parents of some of the starting OL for Texas A&M. These NIL deals of 20 mil turn out to be true. Your son and the other starting lineman only have small deals. I get them all together and make them realize that none of these star backs can do anything if they don't block. They organize and decide to sit out practice until they get fair deals.
    A situation similar to this is what started this whole deal and it's been downhill from there. It's coming. It's gonna be really interesting. It might actually be the reality check for some of these big donors. Eventually they will get tired of writing checks with no ROI.
    One thing for sure, the market will determine what something is worth. If it gets way out of hand there will be a correction. I think everyone is curious how this is going to play out. Can we put the genie back in the bottle?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    What I believe you are trying to suggest is that we are about to see the NBA player empowerment era come to college sports. I actually would go a step further than you and say that it has already happened. I think the transfer portal did that. I think NIL just got us to the end of the line quicker. I mean at this point what is to stop Caleb Williams from figuring out a way to bring his whole OU line with him wherever he transfers through NIL deals? I think package NIL transfer deals will be the next thing we see start popping up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    What I believe you are trying to suggest is that we are about to see the NBA player empowerment era come to college sports. I actually would go a step further than you and say that it has already happened. I think the transfer portal did that. I think NIL just got us to the end of the line quicker. I mean at this point what is to stop Caleb Williams from figuring out a way to bring his whole OU line with him wherever he transfers through NIL deals? I think package NIL transfer deals will be the next thing we see start popping up.
    Yep. This is the first season I've been emotionally invested in college football at the same level I am with NFL. It's not about the university or program anymore it's about the individual players so...meh...it's fun to watch and fun to win but I don't really have a real passion for it anymore. That may be a product of some small level of maturity as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Yep.

Example - 5* Elite Level DE: "Hey Big Money, I'll come to (name of school) if ya fix my (3* LB) homie up with a sweet NIL deal too."

We're going to start seeing a lot of this in the future.

vCash
    Why do we always have to have so many hypothetical doomsday scenarios about college football on here? How many different negative scenarios can you guys come up with about how everything's over now, college football is done now b/c some new rule is going to kill it. If its done then it's done. If it eventually happens then it will happen. If it gets too bad for you to keep watching, then quit watching, but why sit in constant worry and fear over futuristic scenarios that haven't even happened, and even if they do come true, who cares? Change is inevitable. If the product is not to your liking at that time, then stop watching then. Everything is fine and it will most likely work itself out and continue to be fine. Things will never stop changing in life, just ****ing roll with it.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Once the players are on campus, they hold 100% of the power as long as they act collectively.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Why do we always have to have so many hypothetical doomsday scenarios about college football on here? How many different negative scenarios can you guys come up with about how everything's over now, college football is done now b/c some new rule is going to kill it. If its done then it's done. If it eventually happens then it will happen. If it gets too bad for you to keep watching, then quit watching, but why sit in constant worry and fear over futuristic scenarios that haven't even happened, and even if they do come true, who cares? Change is inevitable. If the product is not to your liking at that time, then stop watching then. Everything is fine and it will most likely work itself out and continue to be fine. Things will never stop changing in life, just ****ing roll with it.
    This is a discussion forum. Do we need to explain how that works to you. Nobody here is complaining about the product on the field. We are just trying to anticipate what is going to happen next. Which is actually pretty important if we are going to play the game. I am the OP and I posted that I hope this is the correction in the system - a positive take. How about you contribute a positive topic for us to talk about?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    This is a discussion forum. Do we need to explain how that works to you. Nobody here is complaining about the product on the field. We are just trying to anticipate what is going to happen next. Which is actually pretty important if we are going to play the game. I am the OP and I posted that I hope this is the correction in the system - a positive take. How about you contribute a positive topic for us to talk about?
    Yep. This. I've been predicting locker room problems from the get go.

Banned
    vCash
    So now an Ex NFL QB now a CEO Offers $1M to OK Portal QB to transfer to his alma mater. Yep. All is Well with NIL.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/nfl-qb-co...07/id/1051472/

vCash
    With the NIL and now the "trainers"(agents) Football recruiting will be like basketball. People like Espy and others will ruin the sport.

vCash
    Sounds good. We need some kind of regulated equilibrium and not random QBs and RBs making bank all alone. It should either be equal or somehow proportionally aligned to the amount of contribution the players make to winning.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    We need to take advantage and become OL U.

Overpay for offensive linemen.