Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 75

Thread: Novac has earned the WBB job

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    780
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    He was adding humor to the conversation...lighten up.... have some fun
    Fair enough.. Im all about humor, but you just never know who reads these boards, trust me... obviously none of the girls look that way

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    347
    vCash
    3000
    Novak seems to just have more grit and passion in his voice than Howland. Maybe they should switch

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    780
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Novak seems to just have more grit and passion in his voice than Howland. Maybe they should switch
    I agree, he seems excited when he talks about the game and the players

  4. #44
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,202
    vCash
    30408396
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    The hell does woke have to do with this?
    "Woke" is a word that doesn't actually mean anything by itself, it's just a stand-in for a generic insult when one is needed.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Catfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    846
    vCash
    254575
    He'll make a great head coach!

  6. #46
    Senior Member OLJWales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    4,589
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    "Woke" is a word that doesn't actually mean anything by itself, it's just a stand-in for a generic insult when one is needed.
    Uh.. No....not even close. Fail.
    Truth is stranger than fiction because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn?t.
    A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

    Mark Twain

  7. #47
    Senior Member OLJWales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    4,589
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    The hell does woke have to do with this?
    Claiming ignorance when he was only throwing a lighthearted joke on a board dominated by men as if he had damaged an imaginary protected victim class. What if Women Chat online wanting those throwback NBA shorts that reveal more Junk?
    Truth is stranger than fiction because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn?t.
    A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

    Mark Twain

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    780
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Claiming ignorance when he was only throwing a lighthearted joke on a board dominated by men as if he had damaged an imaginary protected victim class. What if Women Chat online wanting those throwback NBA shorts that reveal more Junk?
    Oh stop lol now you are the one being extra and going way overboard. The term "woke" had absolutely nothing to do with this...

  9. #49
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,202
    vCash
    30408396
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Uh.. No....not even close. Fail.
    Yes, you failed when you just decided to call someone "woke" because he didn't like the joke (that had nothing to do with race anyway)

    You're not alone in that, and it's not a big deal. But "woke" just means whatever the speaker wants it to mean in that second, it doesn't have an objective agreed-upon definition anymore, and it's exclusively used as a throwaway insult these days.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 01-08-2022 at 08:10 PM.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    379
    vCash
    3100
    Can Novak coach the men's team also

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    1,215
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I agree, he seems excited when he talks about the game and the players
    That?s because Novak isn?t here collecting a retirement paycheck. He is here to win games
    and requires 100 percent effort every game

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    780
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Yes, you failed when you just decided to call someone "woke" because he didn't like the joke (that had nothing to do with race anyway)

    You're not alone in that, and it's not a big deal. But "woke" just means whatever the speaker wants it to mean in that second, it doesn't have an objective agreed-upon definition anymore, and it's exclusively used as a throwaway insult these days.
    Agreed

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    780
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    That?s because Novak isn?t here collecting a retirement paycheck. He is here to win games
    and requires 100 percent effort every game
    He definitely has passion, you can heat it in his voice

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    347
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Yes, you failed when you just decided to call someone "woke" because he didn't like the joke (that had nothing to do with race anyway)

    You're not alone in that, and it's not a big deal. But "woke" just means whatever the speaker wants it to mean in that second, it doesn't have an objective agreed-upon definition anymore, and it's exclusively used as a throwaway insult these days.
    i thought folk of any race could be woke.

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3,043
    vCash
    3100
    Only 7 players dressed out vs Vandy today.

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    285
    vCash
    3100
    First game I have watched this year. We have played very very well in this 4th quarter.

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    780
    vCash
    3000
    Just beat Vandy 70 to 63 with 7 players... One of our best in Rickea is out with Covid as well.

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    780
    vCash
    3000
    Anastasia Hayes is a really good player. If we can get some depth back with Ashley Jones, Rickea and Raven we have a solid team

  19. #59
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,202
    vCash
    30408396
    Another big win. We are building a tournament resume.

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    203
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Another big win. We are building a tournament resume.
    That was an unreal win. I was really impressed with the game plan, in game adjustments and how he was able to keep everyone playing steady. There were several times when we could given up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.