Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Novac has earned the WBB job

vCash
    As of right now, the job is his to lose unless you have a homerun hire. He has the girls playing really well especially being short handed. Add in two 4 star recruits that he got and I don't know why you would take a chance on anyone else at this point.

vCash
    Well he just won another game with only 7 players. I'm impressed with him.

vCash
    I like him. This team has a ways to go. But there is a reason coaches used to go to watch his practices. Regardless of Alan Iverson?s opinion practice is important at this level. Apparently Nikki knew her other assistants couldn?t run a quality practice with the right drills and intensity and she brought this guy in. These players are way ahead of last years team in desire, effort and positioning.

vCash
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pkPf6KQh8uM

I'm really starting to like Novak

vCash
    Nice to see posters getting along somewhat better in these women's basketball threads. Rough spots in the threads here and there but overall a good bit better discussions relative to a while back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Nice to see posters getting along somewhat better in these women's basketball threads. Rough spots in the threads here and there but overall a good bit better discussions relative to a while back.
    That's because this team has leadership again and they are playing to their potential. Jdelta you need to check out the mens thread if you want the rough stuff lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Well he just won another game with only 7 players. I'm impressed with him.
    I am as well. I'm officially paying attention again and it's not just because we are winning.

vCash
    It would be nice if our long term coach is already on staff. Hopefully the team continues to grow and it works out for Novak.

vCash
    Novak is definitely making a case for himself to be named HC.

vCash
    If he can recruit, then he has to be the guy. The coaching side of things is evident.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    If he can recruit, then he has to be the guy. The coaching side of things is evident.
    I was cautiously optimistic when he was able to convince high school forward D Powe to go ahead and sign. However I was very impressed when he was able to get Michigan State transfer A Winston to enroll this past week. She had offers from UConn, Texas, and Baylor.
    Last edited by captaindog; 01-10-2022 at 12:23 AM.

vCash
    We should be able to hire him for cheap too. Pocket that extra money we're saving and use it for the impending Howland and Leach buyouts. **

vCash
    And what happens when we have a losing SEC record or Miss the tourney? You guys haven't seen but two SEC games against two teams in the lower level of the conference. Better wait it out. Trust me, I've got experience in learning that lesson.

vCash
    We should let him give a speech to the football team about playing short handed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    And what happens when we have a losing SEC record or Miss the tourney? You guys haven't seen but two SEC games against two teams in the lower level of the conference. Better wait it out. Trust me, I've got experience in learning that lesson.
    But it is much more fun to get excited and praise team and coaches after some early season success than to start bitching about Leach and Howland after the first 2 guaranteed losses. 😳😳😳