Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Death Beardo watch.

vCash

White Death Beardo watch.

Hey Beardo has White death hit your area yet? How much are ya'll expecting up there?

vCash
    where is "up there"?

vCash
    Boston i think.

vCash
    they have trucks with blades on the front so no worries

vCash
    So did Chicago in 1978 and NYC 5 years ago.

vCash
    Had a foot of snow last year in Pittsburgh last year for Christmas and New Years on the ground. No snow yet except for an inch back in November. It?s usually either all or nothing around here This year we just at a meteor explode 10 minutes from my house on New Years day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Had a foot of snow last year in Pittsburgh last year for Christmas and New Years on the ground. No snow yet except for an inch back in November. It?s usually either all or nothing around here This year we just at a meteor explode 10 minutes from my house on New Years day

I missed that in the news, but just went back and read about. Good grief, they said it was equal to 30 tons of TNT! Glad you did not have results like that, in Russia, not too many years ago.

vCash
    Snowed pretty hard in Nashville last night. Expecting a few inches or more Thursday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    So did Chicago in 1978 and NYC 5 years ago.
    Yep. We flew out of NYC the day it hit. It was snowing on us all the way to the airport. A few hours after we left they got slammed.

FYI: Never go to NYC in January. It's ****ing arctic cold.

vCash
    Rain changed to snow here around 9 Sunday night, and it was pretty much over by midnight. 3.2" officially at the airport, 7" in several places around Madison County. I had what looked like about 4" at my house, but I didn't measure. Roads were never much of an issue.

Remember when Texas through Mississippi was iced in for a week last year or the year before? We got absolutely nothing out of that. Relatively short distances can make a lot of difference.
    Last edited by RocketDawg; 01-04-2022 at 01:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    That's cool. Did you see the flash or see the explosion? Estimate on the size of the meteor?

vCash
    Any of the Weatherdogs got a take on the White Death possibility in the Memphis area for Thurs night or Friday morning?

vCash
    less than 1" depending on the low temp thursday evening

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    less than 1" depending on the low temp thursday evening
    I'm all for that. The closer to zero, the happier I'll be.

vCash
    I'm in central Mass, and we haven't really seen anything yet. It was in the 20's yesterday, but will be up in the mid 40's today. Radar says we may get 3-6" Friday, though. We got the kids both new sleds for Christmas, so hopefully they'll be able to try 'em out.

vCash
    Now projecting 6-10 inches. Oh joy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Now projecting 6-10 inches. Oh joy.
    Be safe in that stuff man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Be safe in that stuff man.
    Thanks, bud. We're not going anywhere in this weather. Kids will have a fun day in white stuff while dad gets to plow the driveway, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Thanks, bud. We're not going anywhere in this weather. Kids will have a fun day in white stuff while dad gets to plow the driveway, lol.
    You're welcome and have fun on that driveway lol!

vCash
    Hey Beardo are y'all like my friends in north Wisconsin where this is normal for them. They and their municipality are prepared for 20 inches of snow cause its a yearly occurance. For them it's called lets head to the Naples Fl area for the next 2 months.