Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach evans to OM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Certainly has upside. But we are talking about a guy that was kicked off his HS team, released from scholly by Georgia, and then suspended by TCU. Predicting him to be a bust is much more likely than success. Thats why I used the AB comparision. History says- when- not if.
    You guys have such short memories...

"Kiffin will be gone in a year"

"Corral is a head case, he'll never amount to anything at Ole Miss"

Now it's, ""Evans is a head case. It's a matter of when, not if"

We have got to learn to not be like every other message board, and just call it what it is, like HancockCounty did above....it's a great pickup for Ole Miss. And as long as he keeps his nose clean, he'll likely do very well there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    This is why it was silly yesterday for there to be a thread acting like the sky was falling at Ole Miss. A day later they account for Snoop and Ealy, even if just in their own minds. They will field a competitive team next year and every year Kiffin is there.
    You shit on anything Leach but build up Lane and OM.

Dude, you've really changed.

vCash

We have got to learn to not be like every other message board, and just call it what it is, like HancockCounty did above....it's a great pickup for Ole Miss. And as long as he keeps his nose clean, he'll likely do very well there.
    haha- you know that doesnt apply to me. Miami didnt want Kiffin and nobody else will touch him right now. I think he ends up their Dan Mullen and stays 8-9 years while he constantly looks for a better job. He makes too much for a lateral move and will take him being successful at Mississippi awhile before a blue blood will touch him.

They will take a step back next year. We'll have to see how big.
    Last edited by Coach34; 01-06-2022 at 02:29 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

Lolz.

vCash
    Wasnt Kareem Walker a 4 or 5 star RB?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Not shocking that you think everything they do is great
    Not shocking that you try to spin anything positive they do into a negative. You're like the Fake News media trying to get everyone to believe that everything Ole Miss does is going to ruin their program. This board is like propaganda when it comes to Ole Miss. Why not some balance? For instance, I think losing Ealy and Snoop will hurt them, and said so yesterday...but then today they got a piece that can help fill those voids. So I said so today. But who knows if it will be an upgrade or not, bc I thought Snoop and Ealy were really good...especially Snoop.

Just stop trying to act like everybody they sign is a POS, and everybody we sign is a diamond. It ain't always like that. And it loses credibility.

And I know sometimes I take it too far the other way, and I'm guilty of it for 2 reasons...

1) I'm superstitious and try to build em up so the fall is harder lol

2) Sometimes things are so far the other direction on this board, that some of us try to provide some balance so posters that don't frequent here a ton don't think it's loony land, or leave thinking State is going to go 12-0 and OM will be 0-12 after reading a few threads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Wasnt Kareem Walker a 4 or 5 star RB?
    Yep. But injury prone. Hopefully Evans will be Walker for them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    You shit on anything Leach but build up Lane and OM.

Dude, you've really changed.
    I try to be honest. Lane won 10 and went to the Sugar Bowl this year, and stomped us. Leach went roughly .500 with another loss to Lane and a blowout loss to TTU. Do y'all want facts, or fluff?

vCash
    Not shocking that you try to spin anything positive they do into a negative. You're like the Fake News media trying to get everyone to believe that everything Ole Miss does is going to ruin their program. This board is like propaganda when it comes to Ole Miss. Why not some balance? For instance, I think losing Ealy and Snoop will hurt them, and said so yesterday...but then today they got a piece that can help fill those voids. So I said so today. But who knows if it will be an upgrade or not, bc I thought Snoop and Ealy were really good...especially Snoop.

Just stop trying to act like everybody they sign is a POS, and everybody we sign is a diamond. It ain't always like that. And it loses credibility.

And I know sometimes I take it too far the other way, and I'm guilty of it for 2 reasons...

1) I'm superstitious and try to build em up so the fall is harder lol

2) Sometimes things are so far the other direction on this board, that some of us try to provide some balance so posters that don't frequent here a ton don't think it's loony land, or leave thinking State is going to go 12-0 and OM will be 0-12 after reading a few threads.
    Scroll through my posts and show me where I think everything OM does is horrible. I'll wait. I however would have no trouble finding posts where you shit on MSU. Balance my ass

vCash
    I try to be honest. Lane won 10 and went to the Sugar Bowl this year, and stomped us. Leach went roughly .500 with another loss to Lane and a blowout loss to TTU. Do y'all want facts, or fluff?
    LOL!

You see all those players leaving or graduating from that 10-2 team? Bruh, that was their 2014 year. But, you still think they're going to be competitive and beat Leach again, don't ya?

Now, TT does piss me off b/c Leach went into that game underestimating that team and his former QB as interim head coach. Cumby schooled his old coach's ass. That's on Leach 100%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Scroll through my posts and show me where I think everything OM does is horrible. I'll wait. I however would have no trouble finding posts where you shit on MSU. Balance my ass
    When it's shit, I call it shit. When it's good, I call it good. If you're looking at MSU football posts for the last two games, they're probably shit. Because that's how we looked.

I had many good things to say about signing day, bc it wasn't shit. But at the end of the day, it matters how it looks on the field. And I was feeling good prior to the Egg Bowl, and since then Leach has killed my optimism outside of a decent signing class. Is what it is, man.

vCash
    LOL!

You see all those players leaving or graduating from that 10-2 team? Bruh, that was their 2014 year. But, you still think they're going to be competitive and beat Leach again, don't ya?

Now, TT does piss me off b/c Leach went into that game underestimating that team and his former QB as interim head coach. Cumby schooled his old coach's ass. That's on Leach 100%.
    Why would I not think they will beat us next year? Leach hasn't beaten his rival in like 10 straight attempts. Prove it and I'll believe. It's like Dan Mullen winning a big game...I stopped believing after a few years, bc I needed to see it happen to fall for it again. That's how I am with Leach and rivalry games. Again, facts not fluff

vCash
    Sometimes the balance on this forum is ridiculously pro MSU/ shit OM. Unfortunately, it causes some of us to attempt to temper the sunshine, but typically at the cost of people questioning our fandom/loyalty. I, personally, would rather know myself and my enemy in an accurate way. Makes self improvement and exploitation of weakness easier than creating unrealistic expectations that fall short almost every single year and cause fans who?ve been drinking the kool aid to wonder how in the world it happened.

vCash
    Why would I not think they will beat us next year? Leach hasn't beaten his rival in like 10 straight attempts. Prove it and I'll believe. It's like Dan Mullen winning a big game...I stopped believing after a few years, bc I needed to see it happen to fall for it again. That's how I am with Leach and rivalry games. Again, facts not fluff
    You don't like Leach. We get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Sometimes the balance on this forum is ridiculously pro MSU/ shit OM. Unfortunately, it causes some of us to attempt to temper the sunshine, but typically at the cost of people questioning our fandom/loyalty. I, personally, would rather know myself and my enemy in an accurate way. Makes self improvement and exploitation of weakness easier than creating unrealistic expectations that fall short almost every single year and cause fans who?ve been drinking the kool aid to wonder how in the world it happened.
    Lane will have a new OC/DC/QB/RB and whatever else next season. If he wins more than 7 games he needs to be in the COTY discussion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I'm glad Ealy is gone. He was a game changer for Ole Miss. He lit up LSU this past year, he is going to be tough to replace.

Now, I'm with C34 and think there is just as much a chance that Evans ends up taking an entire sorority hostage until someone brings him a helicopter and a camel as him becoming an impact player, but still there is a chance he could be good. Who knows, Kiffin was able to make Matt Corral a first round pick. He barely played when Luke was there.
    Really?? What om game did you watch over the last couple of years where you said, "they don't win that game without Ealy!"

vCash
    Lane will have a new OC/DC/QB/RB and whatever else next season. If he wins more than 7 games he needs to be in the COTY discussion.
    I don?t disagree that they will be at a huge disadvantage vs this season, but his first 6 are pretty easy, and I?ve become more convinced as of late that on thanksgiving, it will be us Vs them AND the weather.

vCash
    You don't like Leach. We get it.
    Again, you're ignoring the facts. I don't dislike Leach the man. And I think he's a well above average coach. But this is a far above average league, so well above average coaches are average here. I just don't think it was worth flipping our roster upside down to win the same number of games but lose to Ole Miss every year. Hopefully he surprises me and we start a run next year, but again, I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe the problem is that I judge on what im watching, not on what im hoping to be watching next year. I guess im getting old, but I've grown weary of the "but next year, just wait, we'll be good and Ole Miss will suck" game.

It's black and white. If Leach wins, I like him. So far, he's what I thought he was when we hired him...a coach that will win 5-7 games a year here and lose most if not all Egg Bowls...and be a bit of a comedian and distraction. He's been exactly that, so I'm not a big fan so far. But that can change if he does

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    I agree

vCash
    Didn't you start a thread about us having a good chance of beating AL this year? May have been someone else. You can spin it however you want, but you are a self admitted fair-weather fan. I'm sure you've ripped Lemonis many times but now that things aren't "shit" you put a NC pic in your signature. I don't think everything that State does is the best, I just don't feel the need to tell everyone on a message board that we suck.