Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Zach evans to OM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    CD and kiffin double date with me and jimbo sometimes. We have great times
    Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Certainly has upside. But we are talking about a guy that was kicked off his HS team, released from scholly by Georgia, and then suspended by TCU. Predicting him to be a bust is much more likely than success. Thats why I used the AB comparision. History says- when- not if.
    That is basically Matt Corral's bio. Those types ARE Ole Miss.

vCash
    haha- you know that doesnt apply to me. Miami didnt want Kiffin and nobody else will touch him right now. I think he ends up their Dan Mullen and stays 8-9 years while he constantly looks for a better job. He makes too much for a lateral move and will take him being successful at Mississippi awhile before a blue blood will touch him.

They will take a step back next year. We'll have to see how big.
    Correct, Kiffin ain't leaving there anytime soon unless they fire him. They WAY overpaid to get him. I don't think any place that would pay more will ever take him unless he manages to win the SEC there, even then it's not a sure thing. Just my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Not even a remote possibility
    I?d honestly be scared af if he went there .

I also don?t think it?s a 0% shot. I would put it at about 10%

vCash
    I'm not sure how much interest Arch himself has or did have in Ole Miss, although I sure the family's deep roots there do weigh into the decision though. Wait and see how the folk up on the plantation act when Kiffin wins 5 or 6 next year and also does not sign a QB named Manning. Arch ain't playing for Kiffin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    I'm not sure how much interest Arch himself has or did have in Ole Miss, although I sure the family's deep roots there do weigh into the decision though. Wait and see how the folk up on the plantation act when Kiffin wins 5 or 6 next year and also does not sign a QB named Manning. Arch ain't playing for Kiffin.
    I?m hearing that they?re looking to add Cutcliffe in a capacity, either as QB coach or analyst.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    That is basically Matt Corral's bio. Those types ARE Ole Miss.
    And they always work out and become All-SEC types for them.

Anywhere else they wreck the place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    I?m hearing that they?re looking to add Cutcliffe in a capacity, either as QB coach or analyst.
    Just because Cut has bought a house in oxford and moving back doesn’t mean he is looking to get a job with OM
    he very well might be involved are even hired by OM, I highly doubt it.

His son coaches at Oxford.

So “The we are getting Arch because the Mannings love Cut and he is back in Oxford to have Arch under his wing and learn from Him“ is the next talking points for OM boards...
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 01-07-2022 at 10:18 AM.

vCash
    So they lose 2 proven SEC backs and gain a 3 year removed high school “5 star” that hasn’t gone 6 months in 3 years staying out of trouble.. I’m sure that culture built there under Lane will fix that.
    they better hope he works out
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 01-07-2022 at 10:17 AM.

vCash
    https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...257036802.html

TCU people have no love lost haha
    Last edited by raymonddawg; 01-07-2022 at 10:18 AM.

vCash
    He’s good, and he’s not that good. According to current (and former) TCU staffers, Evans was given a wide berth in his time at Fort Worth, and while he said the right things his behavior was five-star diva. Evans showed in the 15 games he played for TCU over the past two years that he’s the most talented skill position player this school has had since LaDainian Tomlinson. LT was a better player, hardly a headache, whereas Evans is acting like he’s done more than LT did in his entire Hall of Fame career.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...#storylink=cpy
    Dude's a powder keg of locker room chaos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Dude's a powder keg of locker room chaos.
    He'll fit right in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Just because Cut has bought a house in oxford and moving back doesn?t mean he is looking to get a job with OM

So ?The we are getting Arch because the Mannings love Cut and he is back in Oxford to have Arch under his wing and learn from Him? is the next talking points for OM boards...
    😂 OM fans are talking about it now and have been. I?m just relaying what they?re saying. Personally, I agree with those that say the Mannings have moved past OM ties and are looking to build a national brand, not limited to one area MS/LA/TN. I would think that they?ll pick a school that is a power and threat to add the Natty that they don?t have yet.

vCash
    Certainly has upside. But we are talking about a guy that was kicked off his HS team, released from scholly by Georgia, and then suspended by TCU. Predicting him to be a bust is much more likely than success. Thats why I used the AB comparision. History says- when- not if.
    It is easy to stay out of trouble when everyone is intentionally looking the other way. That is how these types of kids work out there. MGK, Hartsfield, Corral, etc.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raymonddawg View Post
    From the article, truer words were never spoken, "Evans is one of the biggest college football free agents on the market,".

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...#storylink=cpy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Just because Cut has bought a house in oxford and moving back doesn’t mean he is looking to get a job with OM

So “The we are getting Arch because the Mannings love Cut and he is back in Oxford to have Arch under his wing and learn from Him“ is the next talking points for OM boards...
    I'm not sure why Cutcliffe would want to have anything to do with them after the way Ole Miss treated him. He was essentially whored out to get Eli Manning and then they fire him because he didn't recruit the way they wanted him to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    It is easy to stay out of trouble when everyone is intentionally looking the other way. That is how these types of kids work out there. MGK, Hartsfield, Corral, etc.
    Nailed it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm not sure why Cutcliffe would want to have anything to do with them after the way Ole Miss treated him. He was essentially whored out to get Eli Manning and then they fire him because he didn't recruit the way they wanted him to.
    I agree totally. He simply wants to watch his grandkids more and my personal opinion is that the best coach in the Cutcliffe family is currently the HC at oxford high school anyway. Him being an analyst isn't enough to sway Archie and Peyton and Eli to Convince cooper to send Arch there simply for David Cutcliffe. If Arch wants to win a Natty, it ain't going to be in Oxford.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Same could be said for the Manning family after Payton left them.....They were treated VERY badly for a family that had given so much, if memory serves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    Same could be said for the Manning family after Payton left them.....They were treated VERY badly for a family that had given so much, if memory serves.
    You are correct. They burned Archie in effigy. I think a big reason why they reconciled was because both Ole Miss and the Manning's needed each other at the time. Now not so much.