Thread: Jay Hopson to ULM

vCash

Jay Hopson to ULM

Not going to link to Football Scoop, but it sounds like Jay Hopson is leaving his analyst role to take the DC position at ULM.

vCash
    Jay was a Director of High School Relations I though, not really an analyst but I am sure he had some input.

vCash
    Thanks - the article listed him as a defensive analyst and I didn't bother looking up his title.

vCash
    No loss there

vCash
    A gain for him anyway

vCash
    Did anyone ever see or hear a recruit ever mention Jays name? Conversely, they mentioned Peterson all the time in the same role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    No loss there
    ^^^^This^^^^

vCash
    Bring back Sleepy or find another top Mississippi guy with personality and organization that Pete had.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Bring back Sleepy or find another top Mississippi guy with personality and organization that Pete had.
    Yep

vCash
    Director of HS relations rarely deals with prospective student athletes. He was more of a liaison between high school coaches and the coaching staff at MSU. He also is in charge of the Coaching Clinic, etc.. I am not saying he didn't due to much with prospective student athletes but that was not his job title.

vCash
    The reason Peterson had contact with student athletes is because he was considered an interm coach during the transition between Mullen and Moorhead so he took over recruiting athletes when a lot of Mullen's staff left to go with him to Florida. He took the NCAA recruiting exam so he could have off campus contact.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Me and some friends got to meet Sleepy once for a few minutes and my first and only impression was very good. Anybody else get to know him better? He was personable , humble , friendly and likeable. Can I get a witness?