Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
If they spent 30 million then they're idiots and will quickly realize that the return on investment for college players is nowhere close to that. I expect this will settle down pretty quickly as big money boosters start talking and negotiate amongst themselves to artificially cap spending for NIL to something reasonable.

After all, you can't just throw money at players. They have to be paid to perform some function for a company. Otherwise it's an inducement and it's still against the rules. University employees cannot offer money to recruits, nor can universities negotiate deals for recruits. Again, it's against the rules. And employees of large companies that offer stupidly large NIL deals to one university's players and ignore the other's in-state run the risk of having people go to the competition (I will never buy a vehicle at Herrin-Gear, for example).

It will take care of itself at some point. This doesn't mean I'm necessarily happy about it, as anyone with half a brain could see that large schools with devoted followings have now been given a blank check to buy players at-will.
They have already spent 100mil for 8-4/