Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lemonis seems excited about a new commit

vCash

Lemonis seems excited about a new commit

Judging by his twitter. Nolan Stevens from CA., 9.5 rating on PG.

vCash
    Two way player from California. Would be a nice pick up if he comes to school.

vCash
    I've learned to trust Lemonis on his decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I've learned to trust Lemonis on his decisions.
    Meh. I don't know. He needs to show me something substantial**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    I agree. Lets not forget he went 0-2 in the SEC tournament this past season.***

Banned
    vCash
    And prove can he do well with "HIS Players'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindog View Post
    I agree. Lets not forget he went 0-2 in the SEC tournament this past season.***
    They really should give teams the option to opt out of the SEC Baseball Tournament. It was a collosal waste of our team's time. We had a National Seed locked up and really has nothing to play for.

vCash
    How about a National Championship, is that substantial enough? Sorry about this, didn't know about the *****. Rep. given.
    Last edited by Catfish; 01-04-2022 at 10:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They really should give teams the option to opt out of the SEC Baseball Tournament. It was a collosal waste of our team's time. We had a National Seed locked up and really has nothing to play for.
    I don't understand this line of reasoning. We bitch that we don't win the SEC title, regular season and the tournament, but yet when we are a national Seed, it becomes a waste of time. Did other teams or fans feel that way in the past that were in similar position? I don't think so. This seems to be a recent revelation.

Pride in oneself and the team says win them ALL!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I don't understand this line of reasoning. We bitch that we don't win the SEC title, regular season and the tournament, but yet when we are a national Seed, it becomes a waste of time. Did other teams or fans feel that way in the past that were in similar position? I don't think so. This seems to be a recent revelation.

The ones bitching were also the most vocal. Majority of us didn’t care about the tourney.

vCash
    You know as well as I do no baseball team wants to take 2 weeks off.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post

1. At that point we hadn't won the SEC so winning all of them wasn't on the table anyway.

2. Some years the SEC tournament matters more and when that's the case we should go. That wasn't the case for us this year.

3. The format of the SEC Tournament is awful. Basically it's designed to wear out your pitching staff . It needs to be changed to single elimination.

vCash
    We need to either drop the SECT and add a regular season SEC weekend or extend the SECT to have pool play.

vCash
    How about a National Championship, is that substantial enough?
    Lemonis earned a remaining career tenure as our baseball coach if he so desires.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Lemonis earned a remaining career tenure as our baseball coach if he so desires.
    This!

vCash
    This!
    Let him have a couple, if that, off years and people will want him gone. Can't win w his players etc etc. He knows it and knows the next season is what's important

vCash
    Why not just start all the backups and develop some depth? Likely 2 and done anyway, but if you make a run with your subs then that's like getting extra bowl practice. In other words, I'm fine with whatever happens in the SECT if we have a National Seed locked up...but I dont understand why it HAS to be a strain on pitching. Just pitch your guys as usual, and no more.

That being said, it should 100% be single elimination or pod play. The current format is garbage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Let him have a couple, if that, off years and people will want him gone. Can't win w his players etc etc. He knows it and knows the next season is what's important
    Some will but the majority will not see it that way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Hard for me to admit but you're probably right.

vCash
    How about a National Championship, is that substantial enough?
    I believe 82 was just kidding on that as he added the *****