Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lemonis seems excited about a new commit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Lemonis seems excited about a new commit

Judging by his twitter. Nolan Stevens from CA., 9.5 rating on PG.

vCash
    Two way player from California. Would be a nice pick up if he comes to school.

vCash
    I've learned to trust Lemonis on his decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I've learned to trust Lemonis on his decisions.
    Meh. I don't know. He needs to show me something substantial**

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    And prove can he do well with "HIS Players'

vCash
    How about a National Championship, is that substantial enough? Sorry about this, didn't know about the *****. Rep. given.
    Last edited by Catfish; 01-04-2022 at 10:09 PM.

vCash
    Lemonis asked would ?DEEZE NUTZ? work?.

vCash
    I agree. Lets not forget he went 0-2 in the SEC tournament this past season.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindog View Post
    I agree. Lets not forget he went 0-2 in the SEC tournament this past season.***
    They really should give teams the option to opt out of the SEC Baseball Tournament. It was a collosal waste of our team's time. We had a National Seed locked up and really has nothing to play for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They really should give teams the option to opt out of the SEC Baseball Tournament. It was a collosal waste of our team's time. We had a National Seed locked up and really has nothing to play for.
    I don't understand this line of reasoning. We bitch that we don't win the SEC title, regular season and the tournament, but yet when we are a national Seed, it becomes a waste of time. Did other teams or fans feel that way in the past that were in similar position? I don't think so. This seems to be a recent revelation.

Pride in oneself and the team says win them ALL!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I don't understand this line of reasoning. We bitch that we don't win the SEC title, regular season and the tournament, but yet when we are a national Seed, it becomes a waste of time. Did other teams or fans feel that way in the past that were in similar position? I don't think so. This seems to be a recent revelation.

The ones bitching were also the most vocal. Majority of us didn’t care about the tourney.

vCash

That worked out well for UPig. Seemed like Kopps threw 1000 pitches in a 3 week period and the rest of the arms were burnt too.

vCash
    You know as well as I do no baseball team wants to take 2 weeks off.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You know as well as I do no baseball team wants to take 2 weeks off.
    Simple solution. We typically have a rainout or two causing us to play 54-55 games. We could easily get Mississippi Valley or someone like that in for a game or two. Polk used to schedule games like that in the late 80's after the SEC Tournament ahead of the regionals. Not sure why but it happened a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Let him have a couple, if that, off years and people will want him gone. Can't win w his players etc etc. He knows it and knows the next season is what's important
    I think he would have to have losing seasons though for it to get to that point though. He will get a longer leash from the MSU fan base than a lot of coaches would. See Stansbury, Polk, etc. MSU fans are pretty loyal.

But I agree with Commerce. I think he is actually going to get better. He was already talking to coaches in the offseason that have won National Championships about how to handle the season after. I think he wants to be a Bertman type legend if he can. He's far from done and I think we are going to win a LOT under him. I do think we may have a hangover this year and it may take a couple of years for him to get his guys in but as you know we're recruiting a lot more nationally to add to what we are doing in state. But odd as it sounds once he gets everything situated I think we are going to see an era of MSU baseball that we only dreamed about.

Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Why not just start all the backups and develop some depth? Likely 2 and done anyway, but if you make a run with your subs then that's like getting extra bowl practice. In other words, I'm fine with whatever happens in the SECT if we have a National Seed locked up...but I dont understand why it HAS to be a strain on pitching. Just pitch your guys as usual, and no more.

That being said, it should 100% be single elimination or pod play. The current format is garbage.
    You could but remember the roster isn't infinite. We can only carry 35. We typically in a weekend are going to use around 20-23 players depending on game situations and how the pitching does. The thing I've found about coaches is they are competitive people and when they get into a game they may intend to throw Bednar say 50- 60 pitches but then he has everything working in the SEC Tournament and so hey let's let him go another inning. Still looks good- OK one more won't hurt. And then before you know it he's up to 110.

vCash
    You could but remember the roster isn't infinite. We can only carry 35. We typically in a weekend are going to use around 20-23 players depending on game situations and how the pitching does. The thing I've found about coaches is they are competitive people and when they get into a game they may intend to throw Bednar say 50- 60 pitches but then he has everything working in the SEC Tournament and so hey let's let him go another inning. Still looks good- OK one more won't hurt. And then before you know it he's up to 110.
    That may be true of coaches in general, but Lemonis consistently kept Simms on the bench in the regular season when the short term play was for him to get in the game. Whether that was in order to protect Simms arm, develop other pitchers, keep the possibility of using him twice in a weekend, or whatever combination of those, if he can layoff using sims because of looking forward to other SEC conference games, I can't imagine he's going to have trouble sticking to a plan in the SEC tourney so that he can maximize his chances in the NCAA tournament.

I think Cadaver has it right. It's basically a combination of spring training and bowl practice for us. Play starters enough to keep them fresh and "on schedule", but pull them early enough to actually get some rest. May not be able to pull every position player because of roster limitations, but the ones that are in need of a break should be able to get one.

vCash
    Why not just start all the backups and develop some depth? Likely 2 and done anyway, but if you make a run with your subs then that's like getting extra bowl practice. In other words, I'm fine with whatever happens in the SECT if we have a National Seed locked up...but I dont understand why it HAS to be a strain on pitching. Just pitch your guys as usual, and no more.

That being said, it should 100% be single elimination or pod play. The current format is garbage.

vCash

I always figured if there was nothing at stake, starters were using it to practice things with their swings and pitchers were doing the same with their weakest pitches to get in-game training.

I don't think there is any way we look like total ass in the SEC tourney then just flip the switch back to great team the next week unless some of that was going on.

vCash

I have a feeling it will move to single elimination with Oklahoma and Texas joining the league

vCash

1. At that point we hadn't won the SEC so winning all of them wasn't on the table anyway.

2. Some years the SEC tournament matters more and when that's the case we should go. That wasn't the case for us this year.

3. The format of the SEC Tournament is awful. Basically it's designed to wear out your pitching staff . It needs to be changed to single elimination.

vCash
    We need to either drop the SECT and add a regular season SEC weekend or extend the SECT to have pool play.