Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MNF - Browns/Steelers

vCash

MNF - Browns/Steelers

Why in the hell do the Browns continue to throw the football? Mayfield is trash, but you have one of the best RB's in the league and the Steelers are bad against the run. That's why they're the Browns I guess. At this point, they should line up and run it every play, bc Mayfield is horrific

vCash
    Browns are eliminated from playoffs, so a loss is better for them

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Why in the hell do the Browns continue to throw the football? Mayfield is trash, but you have one of the best RB's in the league and the Steelers are bad against the run. That's why they're the Browns I guess. At this point, they should line up and run it every play, bc Mayfield is horrific
    Baker has been playing with a torn labrum all year long. It's effected his throwing motion and decision making. They should've shut him down and made him get it fixed weeks ago. No team in the north that was supposed to be good has lived up to expectations this year. Everyone has had to deal with injuries and Covid except the Bengals. They won the division by default. Mayfield gets a much shorter leash with people than the other QBs in that division and it's ridiculous. Lamar can't throw the ball, Ben raped a woman and Baker is the one who's trash.

vCash
    Yes, Baker is trash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    Baker has been playing with a torn labrum all year long. It's effected his throwing motion and decision making. They should've shut him down and made him get it fixed weeks ago. No team in the north that was supposed to be good has lived up to expectations this year. Everyone has had to deal with injuries and Covid except the Bengals. They won the division by default. Mayfield gets a much shorter leash with people than the other QBs in that division and it's ridiculous. Lamar can't throw the ball, Ben raped a woman and Baker is the one who's trash.
    No, I'm fair in saying that Ben is now trash too. But at least they try to use their stud RB. Cleveland ignores theirs and let's an injured QB sling it all night? Stupid. And yes, Baker is beyond trash. If the Browns want to be serious about winning, they'll go after a Decent QB and draft a WR worth a shit, to complement their stud RB and solid defense. Baker isn't winning them anything even when healthy. Meanwhile the other two guys you've mentioned have made deep runs in the playoffs, and super bowl appearances

vCash
    And Baker's arm injury is not a good excuse for him continuing to hold the ball too long and take too many sacks, or throw the ball into coverage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    No, I'm fair in saying that Ben is now trash too. But at least they try to use their stud RB. Cleveland ignores theirs and let's an injured QB sling it all night? Stupid. And yes, Baker is beyond trash. If the Browns want to be serious about winning, they'll go after a Decent QB and draft a WR worth a shit, to complement their stud RB and solid defense. Baker isn't winning them anything even when healthy. Meanwhile the other two guys you've mentioned have made deep runs in the playoffs, and super bowl appearances
    And this year the only good qb in that division has been Morrow. A healthy Mayfield eliminated Ben and the almighty Steelers last year. I'm not saying he's an elite qb, but compared to the standard in the division alone, he gets more undue hate than any other qb in the league. He's got almost identical stats playing hurt all year long and Jackson gets a pass.

Mayfield-Regular Season

Jackson
    Regular Season

vCash
    And this year the only good qb in that division has been Morrow. A healthy Mayfield eliminated Ben and the almighty Steelers last year. I'm not saying he's an elite qb, but compared to the standard in the division alone, he gets more undue hate than any other qb in the league. He's got almost identical stats playing hurt all year long and Jackson gets a pass.

Mayfield-Regular Season

Jackson
    Regular Season
    Pretty much everyone is saying Jackson is having a bad year though. I'm honestly not comparing him to anybody, I'm just saying he stinks. He just became the first QB in the NFL this year to have 10 straight incompletions. I think all of the QB's in that division are bad, but Mayfield is the worst of the bunch in my opinion. At this point I don't really blame Baker though, I blame the Browns for not drafting a decent QB and for not leaning on a potent RB. He can't help it that he stinks and they continue to put the entire game in his hands.

vCash
    I don't at all disagree they need to run the ball and get an elite qb, but this draft there isn't one. Their only chance is to get a free agent qb or someone who can reinvent themselves like Tannehill did in Nashville. Besides Watson, I'm not sure that person exists.

vCash
    I wish baker could find his way to New Orleans under Sean

vCash
    I don't at all disagree they need to run the ball and get an elite qb, but this draft there isn't one. Their only chance is to get a free agent qb or someone who can reinvent themselves like Tannehill did in Nashville. Besides Watson, I'm not sure that person exists.
    I could see them going after Cousins, but not sure he's the answer. Might as well stick it out another year with Baker and then try next year's draft....but they have got to start leaning on the run game and defense. Let him be a game manager instead of putting it in his hands.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 01-03-2022 at 10:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What??? Gross. I don't want him anywhere near the Saints. What do people see in the guy? He is short, yet in so many years in the league, he still hasn't learned to use windows to throw through. Brees had to, kyler has to...but Baker gets 10 balls batted down per game it seems like. I just don't u derstand why people still think he should be playing. Dude makes me think backup QB at best. But clearly I'm missing something bc he seems to be irreplaceable
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 01-03-2022 at 10:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The Saints have a cap space issue to deal with so even if they wanted him, not sure they could sign him.

vCash
    Saint are going to be needing alot on offense next year. The Oline is getting old and really banged up. No receivers like they had years ago. Michael Thomas got his money and has been on the IR since. And they do need a QB.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Saint are going to be needing alot on offense next year. The Oline is getting old and really banged up. No receivers like they had years ago. Michael Thomas got his money and has been on the IR since. And they do need a QB.
    Probably a long shot but Russel Wilson would do some damage in Saints offense. Maybe they could structure some deal with mainly bonus money or money guaranteed at a future date. He?s leaving Seattle after the season and could finish out his days a couple miles away.

vCash
    Word was that they were courting Rogers if he left the pack next year/

vCash
    Not true about Thomas. He set an all time season record in receptions after he signed the deal. He'll be fine next season

The oline doesn't need too much restructuring. Ram will anchor it. Unless armstead is willing to give us a team friendly contract, I'd let him walk. If armstead is gone, hurst can man one of the tackles... he's pretty good himself. McCoy is a really good center. Ruiz took a step back this season, so may have to upgrade him. Peat would be a good guy to trade if someone would bite. If not, he's a pretty good road grader... just not that good at pass protection.

At WR, the saints are just getting killed by having no #1. Calloway and Harris are actually having decent years considering they're having to deal with teams best 2 corners. Harris (harty) could end up being a very good wr; he's top 10 in pff ratings this year.

The saints issues this season have been missing Qb1, both all pro tackles, all pro guard, wr1, te1, and te2 for most of the season. No one would look good missing that much. The last 3 weeks, the saints have gone 2-1 while only getting no more than 2 starting oline playing together at a time.

Despite the insane amount of injuries/Covid, the saints are 1 win and a SF loss away from the playoffs, and Vegas has saints favored and SF a dog. Saints will be fine

BTW... saints aren't old on oline. Only armstead is over 30. Hurst is 30

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Probably a long shot but Russel Wilson would do some damage in Saints offense. Maybe they could structure some deal with mainly bonus money or money guaranteed at a future date. He?s leaving Seattle after the season and could finish out his days a couple miles away.
    No way I'd give up 3 1st rounders for him. I'd love em, but not at that price

vCash
    Word was that they were courting Rogers if he left the pack next year/
    Be nice, but we 1 year away from being able to afford a name like that.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    Yes, Baker is trash.
    I disagree. Torn labrum is no joke. I would take a healthy Baker on the Saints anyday.
    Downvotes_Hype