Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown cut immediately after Bucs game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Sounds like a spoiled little child
    Sounds like something that would happen when Moorhead was here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    How many chances does a person have to get? Arians didn't want him and Brady stood up for him and talked Arians into it, now look at this. Smh
    This is probably it for Brown. Unless we're talking the Canadian League maybe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I mean, he's a WR, and a lot of them are divas, but he's on another level. I'm not making excuses for him, but he took a couple of really big hits a couple years ago that could've done serious damage. And CTE as a problem is so poorly studied at this point, it's certainly not out of the question.
    Odds are he is bipolar. How many other football players through the years have acted like that?

vCash
    Bipolar ain't exactly what I would call it but I'm sure his supporters will be out in full force working the mental health angle. I say give Mike Tomlin an award for hiding the guy on his team for 9 years before his true self started rearing it's head.

vCash

No idea who this is or if it's credible

vCash
    I don't know what's wrong with him, but it's something. He's unlike any person I've ever seen. This isn't just regular WR diva stuff like TO or Randy Moss. This dude is literally insane.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

No idea who this is or if it's credible
    Well, Tampa wanted him in the game, so the chances of making his bonus with another game left on the schedule got better staying on the field. It is up to him to get open.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    The tweet was garbage, not accurate at all...

"...As noted in a tweet by Spotrac, Brown had needed eight more catches to unlock a $333,333 contract bonus, 55 more receiving yards to unlock another $333,333 bonus, and only one more receiving touchdown to unlock one more $333,333 bonus. All three bonuses would have amounted to $1 million..."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...ncentives/amp/

vCash
    The tweet was garbage, not accurate at all...

"...As noted in a tweet by Spotrac, Brown had needed eight more catches to unlock a $333,333 contract bonus, 55 more receiving yards to unlock another $333,333 bonus, and only one more receiving touchdown to unlock one more $333,333 bonus. All three bonuses would have amounted to $1 million..."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...ncentives/amp/
    So you are saying a tweet by @GOTCITYTEA wasn't true? Dammit! They were my go to for sports info...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    So you are saying a tweet by @GOTCITYTEA wasn't true? Dammit! They were my go to for sports info...
    Shocking for me too

vCash
    Shocking for me too
    Well thanks for ruining my faith in things I read on the cyberspace, 7.**

vCash
    Is Antonio too stupid to realize that if he hadn't faked his vaccine stuff he'd have played in 2-3 more games and easily hit his bonus? It's HIS fault he missed it, and I'm glad Arians was not trying to get him bonus money while in a competitive game just to satisfy that spoiled piece of shit.

vCash
    "...Midway through the game yesterday, Bruce Arians and the offensive staff told Antonio Brown to go into the game. They believed he was healthy," Rapoport said. "Antonio Brown did not believe he was healthy. He had been battling an ankle injury for the last several weeks. He did not practice Thursday, did not practice Friday, and I know personally had some doubts whether or not he would be able to be out there and play.

"What he told the staff, from what I understand, is he was not going into the game because in his mind he did not feel he was healthy. The response then from the offensive coaches and from Bruce Arians was if you are not going to go into the game when we tell you to go into the game then you cannot be here. At that point, they threw him off the sidelines and then cut him from the team...."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/anton...parture-report

Arians might get in trouble over this... the nfl likes to pretend they care about player safety

vCash
    "...Midway through the game yesterday, Bruce Arians and the offensive staff told Antonio Brown to go into the game. They believed he was healthy," Rapoport said. "Antonio Brown did not believe he was healthy. He had been battling an ankle injury for the last several weeks. He did not practice Thursday, did not practice Friday, and I know personally had some doubts whether or not he would be able to be out there and play.

"What he told the staff, from what I understand, is he was not going into the game because in his mind he did not feel he was healthy. The response then from the offensive coaches and from Bruce Arians was if you are not going to go into the game when we tell you to go into the game then you cannot be here. At that point, they threw him off the sidelines and then cut him from the team...."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/anton...parture-report

Arians might get in trouble over this... the nfl likes to pretend they care about player safety
    Maybe, but the player also has some responsibility to communicate his status. If they all knew he was listed as "questionable", then I would assume they checked in with him after warm ups to determine if he was a "go" or not. He was obviously a "go" - since he caught 3 passes for 26 yards. If he didn't then go to staff and say "i'm out, that last play tweaked my ankle" - then I understand their reasoning 100%. At that point I would assume they had had enough of his BS
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Maybe, but the player also has some responsibility to communicate his status. If they all knew he was listed as "questionable", then I would assume they checked in with him after warm ups to determine if he was a "go" or not. He was obviously a "go" - since he caught 3 passes for 26 yards. If he didn't then go to staff and say "i'm out, that last play tweaked my ankle" - then I understand their reasoning 100%. At that point I would assume they had had enough of his BS
    This! His ankle sure looked ok hopping and skipping his way to the locker room. This isn't a recent happening with him. This dates all the way back to his high school and college days. You can find tons of stuff on him missing meetings/practice, being late, not showing up and just getting into trouble. His behavior is a pattern not an aberration.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    His ankle sure looked ok hopping and skipping his way to the locker room.
    Yeah, that's why I don't buy his injury claim.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Me either, he sure wasn't dragging or limping around during the game or during his little "routine".

vCash
    It'll depend on whether the players' association backs AB. If they do, it could be bad for Arians. With it being AB, not sure they do to bat for him

vCash
    He didn't practice Thursday or Friday. The team believed he was injured then

vCash
    He had 3 catches for 26 yards, and his million dollar incentives were in sight, and that ankle has been injured for a while. Doesn't make sense to come out if he's ok, but it is AB...