Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bringing a little New Year Cheer to the board?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Is Pasquale's a chain? I used to eat at the one in Columbus a lot.

Several of us girls that went to the ?W? together, used to go to the Columbus Pasquale?s often, when it was out on Hwy 82. One of our group, of four, was from Columbus and went to the same church as the owner, and the rest of us went with her to church, too. I guess he liked all of us, because whenever we went to his restaurant, he would invite us behind the counter to fix whatever we wanted just like we wanted it. My favorite was the open face beef sandwiches, smothered in gravy. 😋 He was such a nice man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    Okay, hadn?t really stopped to think about it, but I now get the Brunswick connection. You live in a very pretty area. It is good to hear of your city?s successful rebirth. I enjoy seeing older buildings being restored, and beautiful, historic architecture being saved, instead of being destroyed in the name of progress.
    It is a pretty area and a great place to raise a family. Been here almost 22 years, but I grew up vacationing here so it has been "home" for most of my life.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    Okay, hadn?t really stopped to think about it, but I now get the Brunswick connection. You live in a very pretty area. It is good to hear of your city?s successful rebirth. I enjoy seeing older buildings being restored, and beautiful, historic architecture being saved, instead of being destroyed in the name of progress.
    Laurel had intentions of doing that ... back in the mid 70's they hired my dad to be the architect for their "Urban Renewal" project. It helped some but the total funding just wasn't there to bring it to full completion ...... We did end up with a disco called Mad Jacks though
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    It closed years ago. It's a subway now. My papaw used to take me there after we'd been to the stockyards to buy cattle. Good times.
    I grew up on a cattle farm in SW MS. Several hundred head but over time family sold them off along with the land. Now getting back into it, mainly for my son and revitalizing our old family brand. All that being said, went to Tadlocks on Monday and the look on my kids faces when that auctioneer starting talking made the decision final for me, they are going to finish growing up with an AG background. My son is really into beef cattle and daughter wants to be a vet so not that hard of a stretch. Ha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Laurel had intentions of doing that ... back in the mid 70's they hired my dad to be the architect for their "Urban Renewal" project. It helped some but the total funding just wasn't there to bring it to full completion ...... We did end up with a disco called Mad Jacks though
    Good old "Urban Renewal". Hopefully your dad was a good architect as more oriented to preservation and not needless demolition. We had a similar program here that wiped away multiple brick waterfront warehouses in the 1970s. Would have been perfect waterfront condos or lofts. Instead we got a 6 lane divided highway and a new rail spur to our port
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    CG's was awesome ... I used to haul hay for Mr Watson the owner and he would bring us some of those great burgers for lunch ... that's one place along with Pasquales that I really miss ..... I'm from Ellisville and may have known your grandparents - it's not like Eville was a sprawling metropolis
    Mr. & Mrs. MP Carter. He taught at JCJC, she taught at South Jones. Lived out on Augusta Road right across the street from the JCJC President's home back when it was by itself in the middle of a big field. Me and my brother and the Tisdale boys would play in that big open yard sometimes, a million years ago. I miss those giant pecan trees in my grandparents' yard. Many of the best moments of my life happened in that yellow brick house on Augusta Road.

vCash
    Lol. I drove the delivery van for Lomax Printers for a couple years. Loved working for Perry Lomax.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Man this thread sure went a direction not predicted. From laughing at the sad sacks of shit KlanSharts to people possibly knowing earth other, meeting up and planning trips. Guess you never know.
    Turned into a great thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    I grew up on a cattle farm in SW MS. Several hundred head but over time family sold them off along with the land. Now getting back into it, mainly for my son and revitalizing our old family brand. All that being said, went to Tadlocks on Monday and the look on my kids faces when that auctioneer starting talking made the decision final for me, they are going to finish growing up with an AG background. My son is really into beef cattle and daughter wants to be a vet so not that hard of a stretch. Ha.
    Same thing happened with us. My papaw had cattle, chicken houses and a huge farm and grew everthing, but like you, it all got sold off over time. The best time of my life was working on that farm with my papaw. Wish i could go back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicDawg View Post
    Mr. & Mrs. MP Carter. He taught at JCJC, she taught at South Jones. Lived out on Augusta Road right across the street from the JCJC President's home back when it was by itself in the middle of a big field. Me and my brother and the Tisdale boys would play in that big open yard sometimes, a million years ago. I miss those giant pecan trees in my grandparents' yard. Many of the best moments of my life happened in that yellow brick house on Augusta Road.
    Are you referring to Terrell and Martha Tisdales kids? Terrell and Martha were good friends of mine.

vCash
    I remember that setting ... I had Mrs Carter for a class at South Jones - (if it's the same one) she was HOT !!! ..... Terrell Tisdale and my dad were good friends as he installed and taught the construction dept for 4 years there before becoming registered as an architect and moving on but they remained very close.
    Not sure if Mr CG Watson sold the restaurant later but I know he used to own CG's
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Is Pasquale's a chain? I used to eat at the one in Columbus a lot.
    They had great pizza. Had on in Hattiesburg, Laurel and Columbus. Another great place was Big Boy. Had one in dam near every town in Miss.

vCash
    Are you referring to Terrell and Martha Tisdales kids? Terrell and Martha were good friends of mine.
    Just couldn't help it but this belongs on this thread!

https://youtu.be/9CJ_HsX7PkQ

vCash
    Yes. I would turn pages for Martha when she played organ at FBC when I was visiting my grandparents, the Carters.

Did Vacation Bible School with the Tisdale kids at FBC many summers...

vCash
    If your dad was Terrell Tisdale's age, you probably weren't in my grandmother's class. And she has never, to my knowledge, been described as "hot" so I doubt it was her. She taught in the 50s and 60s.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Turned into a great thread.
    No doubt. Learned a lot in this one and it is somewhat refreshing to have a non bitching thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Just couldn't help it but this belongs on this thread!

https://youtu.be/9CJ_HsX7PkQ
    HA! That was awesome! I also just found out another poster on here went to elementary school with my wife. It's a small world!

vCash
    Yes. I would turn pages for Martha when she played organ at FBC when I was visiting my grandparents, the Carters.

Did Vacation Bible School with the Tisdale kids at FBC many summers...
    Awesome! I sold Martha her grand piano many years ago, almost seems like a different lifetime ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    No doubt. Learned a lot in this one and it is somewhat refreshing to have a non bitching thread.
    Beats the heck out of the "we suck at everything but baseball" threads! Glad you started this one Rouge! Extra rep for you!

vCash
    If your dad was Terrell Tisdale's age, you probably weren't in my grandmother's class. And she has never, to my knowledge, been described as "hot" so I doubt it was her. She taught in the 50s and 60s.
    The Carter I'm thinking about was teaching in the 70's .... Last time I saw Terrell Tisdale was at my fathers funeral in 1986 but they were good people ...... I'm almost certain we probably know each other