Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing a little New Year Cheer to the board?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    This comment made me think. I bet there are a ton of times posters here are within 500 feet or less of each other and do not know it. It has to happen at any sport home game. Just an interesting thought, to think whether or not someone in person resembles who they are perceived to be by their posts.

I?d say that the vast majority would not be in person what perceived by posts. You can garner some generalizations from posts because words have no human interaction behind them. Or human visualization . I often think about that and try to picture posters and know I?m probably way the hell off.
    Lol ive had the very same thoughts!

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I don't drink but you can but me a coke or 2 lol. They really have done a great job helping revitalize laurel and they are good people om or not. Come on over here man and spend The Weekend I believe y'all would enjoy it.
    Oh I know we?d enjoy it. Just have to make it happen. I love exploring old towns and just walking around talking to people. Went to a wedding in Greensboro Alabama last November. I had all Saturday before night wedding to do what I wanted. Just walked around downtown. Went into shops and stores, and maybe some old abandoned buildings I shouldn?t have. Love seeing how things used to be and the structure materials and construction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I think the show has a new season starting in the next week or two.
    I stopped watching when I saw the ole Miss sticker on his truck

vCash
    Well, if y'all have a "board meet" in the Pinebelt lemme know.

vCash
    You're talking about PDI's. Still there great burgers and great ice cream.
    Phillips Drive in is till top notch ... I remember when the Ramada was new and THE place to go , now .... not so much. I'm so old I remember the Holiday Inn and Magnolia Motor Lodge as well - Used to be the place to go lol.
    And Parabrave - I used to be a member of the 184th there also
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    This comment made me think. I bet there are a ton of times posters here are within 500 feet or less of each other and do not know it. It has to happen at any sport home game. Just an interesting thought, to think whether or not someone in person resembles who they are perceived to be by their posts.

I?d say that the vast majority would not be in person what perceived by posts. You can garner some generalizations from posts because words have no human interaction behind them. Or human visualization . I often think about that and try to picture posters and know I?m probably way the hell off.
    Well, to help with your visualization... I'm 6'4", 220lbs with a tat sleeve and flowing blond locks of hair. Oh, and I have a Fu Manchu mustache.

vCash
    Knight Butcher for the win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Phillips Drive in is till top notch ... I remember when the Ramada was new and THE place to go , now .... not so much. I'm so old I remember the Holiday Inn and Magnolia Motor Lodge as well - Used to be the place to go lol.
    And Parabrave - I used to be a member of the 184th there also
    Oh yeah PDI's is still top notch. The Magnolia Motor Loedge now that's a blast from the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PCHSDawg View Post
    Well, if y'all have a "board meet" in the Pinebelt lemme know.
    I think this is a great idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Well, to help with your visualization... I'm 6'4", 220lbs with a tat sleeve and flowing blond locks of hair. Oh, and I have a Fu Manchu mustache.
    We're twins!! Except I'm 5'11 250 no tats and not blond. Fu Manchu rocking tho!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    To this day, I still maintain you should not have been suspended for stomping on those two LSU players back in '14!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtini View Post
    We're twins!! Except I'm 5'11 250 no tats and not blond. Fu Manchu rocking tho!!
    Fu Manchu is all that matters!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    To this day, I still maintain you should not have been suspended for stomping on those two LSU players back in '14!!!***
    Lol! That was a good description of Day... maybe a little beefier.

vCash
    The best part about the Sugar Bowl is you know Ole Miss completely expected to dominate the game and go off and pretend that it's still 1959 on Bourbon St. Talk about a reality check slap!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I think the show has a new season starting in the next week or two.

The new season started two episodes ago. What they have done, for Laurel, has been amazing, I have read an article, or two, talking about a few other small towns have taken note, and are working towards the same goal.
    Also, I have wondered how the small town, of Wetumka, AL, is doing since they completed their revitalization on the Hometown Takeover series.
    * Foghorn Leghorn-isms *

> about as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal.

> more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind.

> gettin so deep the farmers have to jack up the cows so they can milk em.

> making more noise than a couple of skeletons dancing on a tin roof.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    The new season started two episodes ago. What they have done, for Laurel, has been amazing, I have read an article, or two, talking about a few other small towns have taken note, and are working towards the same goal.
    Also, I have wondered how the small town, of Wetumka, AL, is doing since they completed their revitalization on the Hometown Takeover series.
    Laurel downtown was so rundown and scummy and not safe not that long ago. The transformation has been nothing short of miraculous. Wetumpka is night and day difference from what it was before and after. I was just over there last month and it's amazing. Obviously I don't agree with their choice of schools, lol, but they've pumped new life into laurel and Jones county. Wetumpka has some awesome Christmas displays and stuff to do that time of year if you get over that way. There's a guy over there that decorated his house just like the Griswolds, RV and all and even hires characters to play Clark and cousin Eddie

vCash
    Oh I know we?d enjoy it. Just have to make it happen. I love exploring old towns and just walking around talking to people. Went to a wedding in Greensboro Alabama last November. I had all Saturday before night wedding to do what I wanted. Just walked around downtown. Went into shops and stores, and maybe some old abandoned buildings I shouldn?t have. Love seeing how things used to be and the structure materials and construction.

So do I. That is why I enjoy shows such as Barnwood Builders and Houses With History. It still surprises me to see the low doors and ceilings, and realize how short people were in the Colonial and early settlers times. Their lives were hard work. They were a resourceful, determined, innovative, and resilient people.

vCash
    Whatever happened to CG's in Laurel? I remember my Mammaw and Pappaw taking me and my brother there sometimes when we'd visit them in Ellisville.

vCash
    Laurel downtown was so rundown and scummy and not safe not that long ago. The transformation has been nothing short of miraculous. Wetumpka is night and day difference from what it was before and after. I was just over there last month and it's amazing. Obviously I don't agree with their choice of schools, lol, but they've pumped new life into laurel and Jones county. Wetumpka has some awesome Christmas displays and stuff to do that time of year if you get over that way. There's a guy over there that decorated his house just like the Griswolds, RV and all and even hires characters to play Clark and cousin Eddie

Haha! I would love to drive over to Wetumka and see that next Christmas. Would just like to see the town anyway. My older son & his family are supposed to be back, from Germany, and living in Meridian before then. It would be a short drive from there. Thanks for the update on Wetumka. Ate lunch downtown Laurel a couple of years ago, and we could not believe the change. It was mid week ... cars and people everywhere.... definitely thriving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicDawg View Post
    Whatever happened to CG's in Laurel? I remember my Mammaw and Pappaw taking me and my brother there sometimes when we'd visit them in Ellisville.
    It closed years ago. It's a subway now. My papaw used to take me there after we'd been to the stockyards to buy cattle. Good times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    Haha! I would love to drive over to Wetumka and see that next Christmas. Would just like to see the town anyway. My older son & his family are supposed to be back, from Germany, and living in Meridian before then. It would be a short drive from there. Thanks for the update on Wetumka. Ate lunch downtown Laurel a couple of years ago, and we could not believe the change. It was mid week ... cars and people everywhere.... definitely thriving.
    You're welcome.