Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Makai Polk leaving for the NFL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    LOL.

Seriously though most football players are going to these types of trainers across the country. Essentially what Hodge and Espy do. It's weight room specific, recovery specific, and as far as football players go position specific.

I'm a big believer in it. MSU players do it too. In fact, a former MSU player worked out at the same facility as I do. I'm hoping that Will Rogers gets in touch with Tom House. His group is incredible. This kind of stuff is why players like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees can play into their 40's at a high level.
    They're becoming more explosive for short distance burst. Those guys are glorified strength and conditioning coaches with position specific excercises.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    They're becoming more explosive for short distance burst. Those guys are glorified strength and conditioning coaches with position specific excercises.
    And it helps players get better at being football players. People can get bigger/stronger/faster at any age.

My group is not football players obviously but we're just trying to get into better shape.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And it helps players get better at being football players. People can get bigger/stronger/faster at any age.

My group is not football players obviously but we're just trying to get into better shape.
    Speed comes from genetics. You can become quicker aka explosive once your 19 or you're not getting faster.

vCash
    Speed comes from genetics. You can become quicker aka explosive once your 19 or you're not getting faster.
    Let’s say your genetic potential is a 4.7 forty with minimal body fat and lots of squats, weight room work and sprinting/agility drills, core work.

However you are not 9-10 % body fat, you really don’t squat much and lack muscle tone.

Of course you can make yourself faster aka reach your genetic potential.

Walter Payton had to run a lot of hills to get as fast and strong as he was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Let’s say your genetic potential is a 4.7 forty with minimal body fat and lots of squats, weight room work and sprinting/agility drills, core work.

However you are not 9-10 % body fat, you really don’t squat much and lack muscle tone.

Of course you can make yourself faster aka reach your genetic potential.

Walter Payton had to run a lot of hills to get as fast and strong as he was.
    You're saying what I stated. What you're born with is what you have. Your scenario is a 4.7 that's all you were born with that's all you'll get best case in that situation.

vCash
    You're saying what I stated. What you're born with is what you have. Your scenario is a 4.7 that's all you were born with that's all you'll get best case in that situation.
    How many humans reach their genetic potential ? Many don’t. Body fat percentage correlates with many physical measurements of speed j7mping ability.

Will Rogers could really benefit from strength and speed training. He didn’t have the benefit of a redshirt and got thrown into service, but if I was him I’d be working out like crazy.

vCash
    If Polk decides to stay, he would be better served working on route running or 40 technique. He will not get significantly faster or stronger in the next 6 months. Any gains in mass will initially slow him unless it's carefully managed. And you're still probably only talking 10-12 pounds gained and he would lose half of that doing the season.

Dude has been training consistently for probably 6+ years, he's not changing much at this point. It's not like he's a 17 year old. By the way, Espy and company might help 14 year olds, but they aren't taking guys from 4.8 to 4.3. There busine$$ is making dads feel like little Johnny has a chance to overcome bad athletic genes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    If Polk decides to stay, he would be better served working on route running or 40 technique. He will not get significantly faster or stronger in the next 6 months. Any gains in mass will initially slow him unless it's carefully managed. And you're still probably only talking 10-12 pounds gained and he would lose half of that doing the season.

Dude has been training consistently for probably 6+ years, he's not changing much at this point. It's not like he's a 17 year old. By the way, Espy and company might help 14 year olds, but they aren't taking guys from 4.8 to 4.3. There busine$$ is making dads feel like little Johnny has a chance to overcome bad athletic genes.
    Parents fall for it like kids and candy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    How many humans reach their genetic potential ? Many don’t. Body fat percentage correlates with many physical measurements of speed j7mping ability.

Will Rogers could really benefit from strength and speed training. He didn’t have the benefit of a redshirt and got thrown into service, but if I was him I’d be working out like crazy.
    He's been with our strength and conditioning program for 2 years now. SEC programs work on EVERYTHING strength and speed related . Will has gotten stronger but what we're seeing is all he's got in him. He's literally almost peaked physically.
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 01-04-2022 at 06:10 AM.

vCash
    He's been with our strength and conditioning program for 2 years now. SEC programs work on EVERYTHING strength and speed related . Will has gotten stronger but what we're seeing is all he's got in him. He's literally almost peaked physically.
    And this is why 7-8 wins is our ceiling with Will at QB. He cant stretch the field and its comical watching him try to move in the pocket.

vCash
    I told you guys 2 months ago Polk was likely to leave. He caught 100 balls in the SEC. He has nothing left to prove. Now he leave school and train for the Combine/Draft. These guys dont care about college. They want to get paid.

SEC training programs are as good as it gets. But these guys get personal trainers and such because they dont want to go to school. They want to focus on training for The League
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Will works with a trainer. I've seen it on his social media. Same one several of our players work with like Malik Heath.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I told you guys 2 months ago Polk was likely to leave. He caught 100 balls in the SEC. He has nothing left to prove. Now he leave school and train for the Combine/Draft. These guys dont care about college. They want to get paid.

SEC training programs are as good as it gets. But these guys get personal trainers and such because they dont want to go to school. They want to focus on training for The League
    The player I worked out with was a walk on that was not a NFL prospect.

vCash

You say that like we are supposed to take what you say as gospel. You also said we'd win 4 games and that the bowl streak was over.

Banned
    vCash

batting 5 for 5000

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    batting 5 for 5000
    I'm a .667 hitter playa

vCash
    I think Jake Wim said yesterday on his show that Polk has not signed with an agent. That gives a small chance that he comes back. Once you sign with an agent you are done in college from my understanding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    I think Jake Wim said yesterday on his show that Polk has not signed with an agent. That gives a small chance that he comes back. Once you sign with an agent you are done in college from my understanding.
    It is a lame rule now considering NIL. Players are getting paid so what does it matter if they have an agent to manage their transition to the pros?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    It is a lame rule now considering NIL. Players are getting paid so what does it matter if they have an agent to manage their transition to the pros?
    excellent point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    This, it makes zero sense.