Thread: Makai Polk leaving for the NFL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He will be back if I had to bet
    Lol. He's gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Lol. He's gone.
    Well, he aint getting drafted I would bet on that too. If he is it will be late

vCash
    He just doesnt have enough reps one more year would give him plenty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He just doesnt have enough reps one more year would give him plenty
    Honest question. Can you declare for the draft but pull your name out later?

vCash
    I think he will get drafted but the knock on him will be his slight frame and durability questions. One more year to physically develop in the weight room would have boosted his stock a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    I think there is a deadline to withdraw and come back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Yeah. He was even told to come back to school anyway is what the word is

vCash
    He did what he came here to do. I hope he comes back, but his stock won't improve much. Hard to top the season he's had. I'd be gone if I was him.

vCash
    I hope he does come back , but it seems to me for him to improve his draft stock, he would also need to have more yards per catch (longer passes or yac).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I hope he does come back , but it seems to me for him to improve his draft stock, he would also need to have more yards per catch (longer passes or yac).
    I don?t see how he improves his stock. He can?t get bigger or faster. He is who he is.

Best of luck to him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I don?t see how he improves his stock. He can?t get bigger or faster. He is who he is.

Best of luck to him.
    He absolutely can get bigger and faster with training and in the weight room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Bigger yes, faster no

vCash
    He’s a really skinny dude, nfl d bs are going to get really physical with him.

I was watching highlights of cooper Kupp....leading receiver in nfl catches yards tds

He’s 6-2;205 strong as hell , they line him up at tight end, slot, in the backfield and he just man handles d b s and then runs through them.

He’s similar to Michael Irvin only better IMO.

vCash
    He isn't going to want to bulk up and get slower. He isn't a burner. He is a solid route runner with good hands.

Another year of running the same route trees and catching maybe 20% more catches isn't going to move his draft stock. WR's and RB's are drafted off their combine numbers and then film. I selfishly want him to stay, but I don't see how his draft stock really improves if he has another solid season for us.

vCash
    He isn't going to want to bulk up and get slower. He isn't a burner. He is a solid route runner with good hands.

Another year of running the same route trees and catching maybe 20% more catches isn't going to move his draft stock. WR's and RB's are drafted off their combine numbers and then film. I selfishly want him to stay, but I don't see how his draft stock really improves if he has another solid season for us.
    You can bulk up and get faster with today's training methods. I participate in it. Work with a group that has helped guys get to the NFL. A lot of science to it. But it can be done.

vCash
    You can bulk up and get faster with today's training methods. I participate in it. Work with a group that has helped guys get to the NFL. A lot of science to it. But it can be done.
    Sure - and I guess he will be doing that over the next few months.

vCash
    We have the technology......

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    He’s a good receiver reminds me of Lamar Thomas who played for Miami.

Even now he gets ragdolled pretty good , I think he’s a guy that could benefit from ten pounds of muscle. Nfl draft analysis will comment on this I’d imagine. That would not slow him down it would actually increase his speed if his body fat stayed the same.

vCash
    Sure - and I guess he will be doing that over the next few months.
    As good a shape as he in and considering he is a SEC/NFL caliber athlete- absolutely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    We have the technology......

LOL.

Seriously though most football players are going to these types of trainers across the country. Essentially what Hodge and Espy do. It's weight room specific, recovery specific, and as far as football players go position specific.

I'm a big believer in it. MSU players do it too. In fact, a former MSU player worked out at the same facility as I do. I'm hoping that Will Rogers gets in touch with Tom House. His group is incredible. This kind of stuff is why players like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees can play into their 40's at a high level.