Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One thing I cannot understand

vCash

One thing I cannot understand

Is why don't teams fake injuries against Ole Miss? Their offense feeds on momentum and speed, they always like to follow a big gain with a quick snap...so why not give them a dose of their own medicine and fake injuries to kill their momentum? They do it, so why not give it back when it would hurt them worse?

vCash
    Why get up so fast when you tackle one of them? Take you time getting off him.

vCash
    Don't know but damn, I hope the NCAA does something about the faking of injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Don't know but damn, I hope the NCAA does something about the faking of injuries.
    They are already working on the fake qb slide.

vCash
    Yeah. Can't really have it be a judgment call, so I think you have to make the player sit out the rest of the drive if they come out with injury, or at least for the next series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Yeah. Can't really have it be a judgment call, so I think you have to make the player sit out the rest of the drive if they come out with injury, or at least for the next series.
    I would hope for the rest of that series plus 1 more.

vCash
    I would hope for the rest of that series plus 1 more.
    That would never happen. You'd have coaches telling players to not go down. That rule would be so anti-player safety, the ncaa would be crucified

vCash
    Must leave the field for 3 plays to be properly evaluated in the name of player safety. That would squash faking it.

vCash
    I don't believe I would like 2 series missed. Could bite you even when you are not faking it. With our luck, at the end of the game our star defensive player would get hit in the nuts on the second last series of the game and have to come out, only to not be able to return for the final defensive series to try to stop a game winning drive.
    Last edited by Bdawg; 01-02-2022 at 12:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That would never happen. You'd have coaches telling players to not go down. That rule would be so anti-player safety, the ncaa would be crucified
    Yes. They don't want players limping off the field when they shouldn't be.

vCash
    I don't see it that way. If you are hurt badly enough to lay on the field, you probably should sit 1 extra series.

vCash
    I don't see it that way. If you are hurt badly enough to lay on the field, you probably should sit 1 extra series.
    It's 4th quarter with 2 mins to go, and your qb just got a leg cramp... oh well, he'll be back next game.

vCash
    It's 4th quarter with 2 mins to go, and your qb just got a leg cramp... oh well, he'll be back next game.
    Could always make it where a timeout avoids the "series" penalty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Is why don't teams fake injuries against Ole Miss? Their offense feeds on momentum and speed, they always like to follow a big gain with a quick snap...so why not give them a dose of their own medicine and fake injuries to kill their momentum? They do it, so why not give it back when it would hurt them worse?
    I've wondered this as well.

vCash
    Defensive players only. Offensive players aren't faking injuries. Didn't realize this needed to be clarified.

vCash
    Defensive players only. Offensive players aren't faking injuries. Didn't realize this needed to be clarified.
    Hoops, you wanna punish defensive players for getting hurt, but not offensive? Are you drunk tonight?

Banned
    vCash
    Hoops, you wanna punish defensive players for getting hurt, but not offensive? Are you drunk tonight?
    I think you missed his point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    I think you missed his point.
    Hoops is wrong. You don't throw a blanket policy out there like that. Why not just eliminate hurry up offense until the last two minutes of the half if that's the case. There's no way to eliminate the rule loophole without really hurting the game. The teams not using that same loophole need to stop complaining.

vCash
    Make it appealable for a video review. If a coach thinks they are faking they appeal and If the player is found to have not been injured in the course of play it's an Unsportsmanlike Conduct 15 yarder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Hoops is wrong. You don't throw a blanket policy out there like that. Why not just eliminate hurry up offense until the last two minutes of the half if that's the case. There's no way to eliminate the rule loophole without really hurting the game. The teams not using that same loophole need to stop complaining.
    Did y'all watch the UT vs OM game? It was 5x worse than any soccer game. Then Ole Miss did it to us 4 or 5 times and we don't even run a hurry up.