Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ealy and our RB's

vCash

Ealy and our RB's

I saw some comments in last night's thread about Ealy leaving to go to the Draft, and it made me think how much I would have liked to see him in this offense. Our RB's, while I really like them and they play super hard...they just aren't tackle breakers, and seem to run in to contact too much, rarely making anyone miss. Ealy would have been hell to deal with on those swing passes in the open field. Do we have anyone on the current roster or a new signee that is built to make guys miss somewhat like Ealy?

vCash
    No idea but
    Kylin hill> ealy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    No idea but
    Kylin hill> ealy
    Neither pass protect, which is mandatory in the nfl

vCash
    Snoop Conner > Ealy .. IMO
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 01-02-2022 at 03:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Neither pass protect, which is mandatory in the nfl
    Kylin was getting playing time before his injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Kylin was getting playing time before his injury.
    As a kick returner not as a back.

vCash
    Wonder if it's too late for him to sign his baseball contract, like everybody on here thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    As a kick returner not as a back.
    Yeah and that was a brutal hit on that return that tore up his knee. Hope that knee heals properly cause it was ugly.

vCash
    This thread was not about Snoop or Kylin versus Ealy. It was about Ealy being a likely good pass catcher in Leach's system....which I think he would have definitely been better than Kylin or Snoop in THIS system. Bigger guys take too long to get up field, and with linebackers closing in, it's crucial to have a quick speedster that can get in gear quick and make people miss, in my opinion.

vCash
    I'm not sure he is physical enough at the point on attack as he turns up field. He's not a tackle breaker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    This thread was not about Snoop or Kylin versus Ealy. It was about Ealy being a likely good pass catcher in Leach's system....which I think he would have definitely been better than Kylin or Snoop in THIS system. Bigger guys take too long to get up field, and with linebackers closing in, it's crucial to have a quick speedster that can get in gear quick and make people miss, in my opinion.
    Absolutely he would have been perfect. He's the same type of back as Marks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Absolutely he would have been perfect. He's the same type of back as Marks.
    Marks reminds me of Brandon Holloway when he runs... straight into the defender to get dropped right there. Seems like I've seen him make about 3 guys miss this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Marks reminds me of Brandon Holloway when he runs... straight into the defender to get dropped right there. Seems like I've seen him make about 3 guys miss this year.
    Agree. His running style is of someone that's about 230lbs. In this offense I'd rather have someone like Dicenzo Miller who never let the first guy tackle him, despite not being very fast. Of course I'd rather have the speed AND make-you-miss ability, but speed isn't very helpful if you aren't getting past anyone. Woody's best attribute is he's tough as nails and does his job every time he's out there. Just wish he was more dynamic.

vCash
    I honestly like DJ running the ball better than I do Marks. DJ seems to run harder and when someone does try to tackle him, he makes them pay…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I honestly like DJ running the ball better than I do Marks. DJ seems to run harder and when someone does try to tackle him, he makes them pay?
    Agreed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I honestly like DJ running the ball better than I do Marks. DJ seems to run harder and when someone does try to tackle him, he makes them pay…
    Same here. He runs with some attitude.

vCash
    Those ****ers are losing a bunch of guys. I wonder how fired up their fan base will be next season? Lucky for them their schedule is not a tough one.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    I think we'll find Hargrove to be more of an Ealy type back than 7 and 23. Not that I think he's as elite as Ealy, as I think Ealy was really underused in Kiffen's offense. But Hargrove is more of the stop and start, cut on a dime type than what we have currently. The kid committed to TCU would have fit in this category as well but looks like he's sticking with TCU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    I think we'll find Hargrove to be more of an Ealy type back than 7 and 23. Not that I think he's as elite as Ealy, as I think Ealy was really underused in Kiffen's offense. But Hargrove is more of the stop and start, cut on a dime type than what we have currently. The kid committed to TCU would have fit in this category as well but looks like he's sticking with TCU.
    Thanks. This is the type of info I was hoping for. I agree Ealy was underused by Kiffin. And totally disagree with the above poster that said he isn't a tackle breaker...except for a few plays here and there, it seemed like the first guy never brought him down.

By the way, I think if Kiffin had gone read option with Plumlee and Conner/Ealy, they win the Sugar Bowl. Glad he mismanaged it.

But anyway, tell me more about Hargrove....immediate impact guy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    No idea but
    Kylin hill> ealy
    Sorry but Tap Out left a bad taste in my mouth during his time at State. He was talented but not talented enough for his antics.