Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Say what you want BUT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Yes it is, I believe in the talent this team will have. Do I believe we need some breaks to go our way? Absolutely. Just like with Daks team, they had some breaks as well. The talent will be there to outscore opponents. Could CML bend some and change up play calls? Absolutely. Could Dan Mullen call something besides one of his 4 plays? No. Did either CML or Mullen have a chance to beat Alabama, No. could Leach do it, yes.

Call me a homer all you want, but I do believe in this team especially if we can keep Arnett.
    I?d venture that you?re just very young. These are thoughts of a youthful optimist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    I?ve stated that he will set the bar at MSU as well. This doesn?t take a genius to see. Dealing 40 5 yd passes a game does not a good QB make. He will own the stat sheet at the cost of us running a better offensive scheme. Also, Will is not mobile by pocket passer standards. And I appreciate that you see me as a troll. Most overly sensitive fanboys do. So, don?t let me keep you from your anime, Silent Steel. It?s getting late. ��
    Not real sure what anime is, but I guess I best get to it. You are that stuff you have to use a stick to get from in between your boot treads. I will let you fill in that blank. Just recently found out what a troll was and once I read it I knew exactly who fit the bill. Hail State everyone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Not real sure what anime is, but I guess I best get to it. You are that stuff you have to use a stick to get from in between your boot treads. I will let you fill in that blank. Just recently found out what a troll was and once I read it I knew exactly who fit the bill. Hail State everyone
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Sure thing, Silent Steel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    One thing I?ll agree with here. Leach can beat Saban. Mullen never was nor will.
    Leach will never beat Saban with the current model on offense. Heck, Leach hasn't beaten Kiffin yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Leach will never beat Saban with the current model on offense. Heck, Leach hasn't beaten Kiffin yet.
    Yes he will.

vCash
    More than anything Leach needs to develop a team with consistency. They have been all over the place these last two seasons.

vCash
    I expect to win 6 or 7 games total next season if Rogers is the qb. In other words, he's peaked in ability. Even if Sawyer is a little better in practice this spring, I think Leach sticks with Rogers. We lost the last two games and one in blowout fashion. Will has peaked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I expect to win 6 or 7 games total next season if Rogers is the qb. In other words, he's peaked in ability. Even if Sawyer is a little better in practice this spring, I think Leach sticks with Rogers. We lost the last two games and one in blowout fashion. Will has peaked.
    Maybe it's Leach who has reached his peak.

vCash
    Rogers can improve, and he will improve. He'll make quicker decisions, look off defenders better, and make better reads as he gets more experience. His limitations are arm strength and athleticism though, and those aren't gonna improve. Will's accuracy will allow him to be a really good college qb as long as his oline and WRs are good... he won't be able to elevate those position groups like a true difference maker.

vCash
    OMs offense hardly ever pushes it down the field. When they do it is one read throw it as far as you can or run it.

It is way more RPO easy completions or a handoff and go fast. It is extremely simple and Will ran something pretty similar to it his SR year of HS. The only reason the QB ran it so much was bc of Corral. Corral is not a NFL QB between the ears he has never been asked to do half of what Will has done. He could go over there and run that and be fine.

dont forget that as young as Altmeyer is, him and Will are the same age. In wills first couple drives as a starter he took us down and Heath has a TD in his hands that he let the UK kid take from him. Altmeyer is not in the same conversation as Will. Never really has been even in HS

vCash
    Care to make a wager on that?

vCash
    One thing I?ll agree with here. Leach can beat Saban. Mullen never was nor will.
    OK so what have you seen from Leach that gives you one inkling he can beat Saban? His O - not, his D - not. Mullen came a lot closer than Leach has. Mullen coached scared and should have beat Saban twice but Leach ain't showed me anything that he can beat great teams.

We only had what 4 good games this year, that is it. Think about that for a minute.

vCash
    One thing I’ll agree with here. Leach can beat Saban. Mullen never was nor will.
    Leach lost what 7 straight to Washington bc of the big talent gap. That gap is even bigger between us and bama

vCash
    To be fair finding a coach to beat Saban is extremely difficult. Neither Kiffin nor Leach will do it unless someone starts cheating like Freeze did and then the game gets vacated. Dabo is honestly the only coach right now I see being able to do it here and there. Bama will beat UGA again Monday night. I know Gus did it a few times but I?m suspicious he focused so much on that one game it caused them to lose several they shouldn?t have each year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    To be fair finding a coach to beat Saban is extremely difficult. Neither Kiffin nor Leach will do it unless someone starts cheating like Freeze did and then the game gets vacated. Dabo is honestly the only coach right now I see being able to do it here and there. Bama will beat UGA again Monday night. I know Gus did it a few times but I?m suspicious he focused so much on that one game it caused them to lose several they shouldn?t have each year.
    We should never use "can he beat saban" as a consideration when hiring a HC. We should ask ourselves can he win games against OM, Kentucky, ark, auburn, aTm, etc

vCash
    I?m expecting 8-9 wins next year, if only we didn?t have Georgia on that schedule

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Care to make a wager on that?
    On wins or peaking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I?m expecting 8-9 wins next year, if only we didn?t have Georgia on that schedule
    Memphis
    At Arizona
    At lsu
    Bowling green
    aTm
    Ark
    At Kentucky
    At bama
    Auburn
    Georgia
    Etsu
    At OM

I think 8 will be extremely tough. 9 would be a miracle

ETA... that stretch from aTm to Georgia is brutal

vCash
    We catch LSU in week 3 , hopefully they are still figuring things out as a team when we play them.

ATM is at home
    Arky at home
    Kentucky will be mostly the same as last year but yeah it?s in Lexington

Auburn at home and we beat them this year with a team that will be majorly improved

OM should be majorly regressed.

As of now I think
    Loss to bama
    Loss to ATM
    Loss to Georgia
    And we will lose one of LSU, Kentucky, arky

vCash
    Debbie downer here:

1. We will continue to be the same next year too. Current QB will not breach the 10 yard mark. Our WRs will often run into open grass and then break out their Rubik's cube while waiting for the ball that never comes their way.
    2. Our RBs will get those hard-fought 2 yards on designated runs.
    3. Our special teams will continue to be special.

I just don't see where those 8 wins are gonna come from.