Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Say what you want BUT

vCash

Say what you want BUT

Will Rogers is a much better QB and 10x the QB fit for Mike Leach offense

vCash
    Much better fit, I agree.

Could you imagine will trying to run OM's qb running, throw it deep offense?

vCash
    Almost like there was a reason he didn’t go there. Certain players are built for certain offenses. Rogers is where he should be. Alt was offered I am sure but he was not the top of our wishlist for sure. Sawyer was rated higher and I believe a much better QB for our style of offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Almost like there was a reason he didn’t go there. Certain players are built for certain offenses. Rogers is where he should be. Alt was offered I am sure but he was not the top of our wishlist for sure. Sawyer was rated higher and I believe a much better QB for our style of offense.
    You made the statement will was the better qb and justified it by saying he fits leach's offense better. Would Rogers be the "much better qb" in their offense? Just found your statement weird

vCash
    Let me be clear on this. Will Rogers is a better QB than Altmeyer. Regardless of system this is the case. In Mike Leach system Will Rogers is 10x the QB of Altmeyer. For your sake of argument, Tom Brady would not fit a QB run offense for crap, Will Rogers fits the Brady mold better than Alt, Alt fits the Vick role better than Rogers, hell if you talk about schemes, Plumlee is a better QB than Alt in a QB running offense.

vCash
    Let me be clear on this. Will Rogers is a better QB than Altmeyer. Regardless of system this is the case. In Mike Leach system Will Rogers is 10x the QB of Altmeyer. For your sake of argument, Tom Brady would not fit a QB run offense for crap, Will Rogers fits the Brady mold better than Alt, Alt fits the Vick role better than Rogers, hell if you talk about schemes, Plumlee is a better QB than Alt in a QB running offense.
    Nah, you gotta be able to run and hit the long pass. Plumlee can't hit the pass part

vCash
    And yes, I would rather have Rogers over Alt in any offense that requires a QB to make decisions with the ball. Rogers is not mobile I get that, most pocket QBs are not mobile. Pocket QBs are more in demand than scramblers. Again it depends on the system but if Either Manning was in same draft as Vick, Vick would have gone 3rd QB off the board unless there was a non traditional team dying for a QB.

vCash
    Going to end it like this, if Will Rogers was on that roster at Ole Miss. You would have seen him instead of Alt tonight.

vCash
    I’m still hesitant on this offense. Leach needs to get his shit together and 1) beat kiffin 2) prove his worth in the postseason. Right now history is against him. Regardless of who the qb is.

vCash
    Rogers first action was vs Kentucky...
    9/15 43 yds 0 td 2 int

He's came a long way, and I expect altmyer to also. Judging a freshman qb on their first contested outing is dumb

vCash
    And yes, I would rather have Rogers over Alt in any offense that requires a QB to make decisions with the ball. Rogers is not mobile I get that, most pocket QBs are not mobile. Pocket QBs are more in demand than scramblers. Again it depends on the system but if Either Manning was in same draft as Vick, Vick would have gone 3rd QB off the board unless there was a non traditional team dying for a QB.
    Ok. This thread is ridiculously biased and not even attempted to be rooted in discernment or rationale. Your opinion on QBs is extremely warped and should be treated as such. 😂

vCash
    Will can be an all-American, but if Leach doesn't become more innovative it won't matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Will can be an all-American, but if Leach doesn't become more innovative it won't matter.
    I can agree with this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Ok. This thread is ridiculously biased and not even attempted to be rooted in discernment or rationale. Your opinion on QBs is extremely warped and should be treated as such. ��
    Coming from the biggest troll on this site I find your opinion gold.

Not a bias at all Rogers is a better QB than Alt. Alt won’t sniff Matt Corral status at OM. Rogers will set the bar at State.

vCash
    Dak Prescott not this Dak troll has been one of the best ambassadors for our University. He did a tremendous job here for us, but I believe we will achieve more under Rogers/Leach time here than Prescott/Mullins.

vCash
    Dak Prescott not this Dak troll has been one of the best ambassadors for our University. He did a tremendous job here for us, but I believe we will achieve more under Rogers/Leach time here than Prescott/Mullins.
    That's quite a statement. Dak and Dan won 19 games dak's final 2 seasons, made a NY6, and was a playoff committee #1 for what 6 weeks?

vCash
    Coming from the biggest troll on this site I find your opinion gold.

Not a bias at all Rogers is a better QB than Alt. Alt won’t sniff Matt Corral status at OM. Rogers will set the bar at State.
    I?ve stated that he will set the bar at MSU as well. This doesn?t take a genius to see. Dealing 40 5 yd passes a game does not a good QB make. He will own the stat sheet at the cost of us running a better offensive scheme. Also, Will is not mobile by pocket passer standards. And I appreciate that you see me as a troll. Most overly sensitive fanboys do. So, don?t let me keep you from your anime, Silent Steel. It?s getting late. 😂

vCash
    😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 😂😂😂😂

vCash
    Yes it is, I believe in the talent this team will have. Do I believe we need some breaks to go our way? Absolutely. Just like with Daks team, they had some breaks as well. The talent will be there to outscore opponents. Could CML bend some and change up play calls? Absolutely. Could Dan Mullen call something besides one of his 4 plays? No. Did either CML or Mullen have a chance to beat Alabama, No. could Leach do it, yes.

Call me a homer all you want, but I do believe in this team especially if we can keep Arnett.

vCash
    Yes it is, I believe in the talent this team will have. Do I believe we need some breaks to go our way? Absolutely. Just like with Daks team, they had some breaks as well. The talent will be there to outscore opponents. Could CML bend some and change up play calls? Absolutely. Could Dan Mullen call something besides one of his 4 plays? No. Did either CML or Mullen have a chance to beat Alabama, No. could Leach do it, yes.

Call me a homer all you want, but I do believe in this team especially if we can keep Arnett.
    One thing I’ll agree with here. Leach can beat Saban. Mullen never was nor will.