Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One thing I cannot understand

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Make it appealable for a video review. If a coach thinks they are faking they appeal and If the player is found to have not been injured in the course of play it's an Unsportsmanlike Conduct 15 yarder.
    How can you prove/disprove a cramp? The answer really is this simple: Must leave the field for 3 plays to be properly evaluated in the name of player safety. That would squash faking it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Hoops, you wanna punish defensive players for getting hurt, but not offensive? Are you drunk tonight?
    If a player is legitimately hurt, he won't be returning to the game anyway. I'm talking about putting an end to the fake injury BS.

vCash
    Make it appealable for a video review. If a coach thinks they are faking they appeal and If the player is found to have not been injured in the course of play it's an Unsportsmanlike Conduct 15 yarder.
    Let's make the games even longer...

vCash
    3 plays. It pulls that player off the field for atleast one crucial down. It would be effective in eliminating/reducing faking it.

vCash
    Back to the OP's question- Do most coaches think it's so unethical to fake injuries that they won't do it even if it's proven they can get away with it? I really don't understand why no one does it to Ole Miss when everyone knows Ole Miss is going to do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    How can you prove/disprove a cramp? The answer really is this simple: Must leave the field for 3 plays to be properly evaluated in the name of player safety. That would squash faking it.
    Doesn't seem to hard to me -
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Baylor faked the cramp once last night maybe twice.

And it is especially sweet when the tables are turned on them as they run so much tempo.

vCash
    I don?t disagree that they can be easy to see, but when dishing out punishment, it?s not about what you know, but rather what you can prove.

BTW, I love the video and circle post. We really would be able to eliminate a ton of unnecessary posting with a like button.
    Last edited by Dak Holliday; 01-02-2022 at 01:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I don't see it that way. If you are hurt badly enough to lay on the field, you probably should sit 1 extra series.
    So if you get the breath knocked out of you or just twist an ankle or whatever, and the guy isnt faking it and he should have to sit out ?? No way. Won't work!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Is why don't teams fake injuries against Ole Miss? Their offense feeds on momentum and speed, they always like to follow a big gain with a quick snap...so why not give them a dose of their own medicine and fake injuries to kill their momentum? They do it, so why not give it back when it would hurt them worse?
    Because it's unethical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    So if you get the breath knocked out of you or just twist an ankle or whatever, and the guy isnt faking it and he should have to sit out ?? No way. Won't work!
    For 1 series, yes. The alternative is for more and more teams to continue to fake injuries.

vCash
    I like 7 plays. It is punitive enough to be a deterrent, and any injury that requires you to lie down on the field instead of hobbling off (even if breath knocked out or ankle or cramp) should, for player safety, keep you out a few minutes.

But I think the rule will be remainder of the series bc it's cleaner and easier to keep up with.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Next year, we better fall down on every single defensive play. Just have one person each play designated to go down on the DLine. Hell, don't even try to hide it. Just go down the line, LDE, NG, RDE, repeat. I would literally do it every single play of the game, if they gain a yard. No need to do it if you get a TFL or Sack.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I like 7 plays. It is punitive enough to be a deterrent, and any injury that requires you to lie down on the field instead of hobbling off (even if breath knocked out or ankle or cramp) should, for player safety, keep you out a few minutes.

But I think the rule will be remainder of the series bc it's cleaner and easier to keep up with.
    It would definitely have to be for the rest of the possession. That is safe.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Doesn't seem to hard to me -
    17n sniper got em. It actually happened 4 times in that game.
    Downvotes_Hype

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Well the KlanSharts are experts at faking things. Take their stadium banners for one example.

vCash
    They need to force the offense to huddle with the exception of 2:00 left in the half (have a 2-minute warning like the NFL). Give the QB's an earpiece and force the teams to call in the plays to the QB instead of using all the signage they use now that allows all the players to see the play-call at the same time.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Waves View Post
    They need to force the offense to huddle with the exception of 2:00 left in the half (have a 2-minute warning like the NFL). Give the QB's an earpiece and force the teams to call in the plays to the QB instead of using all the signage they use now that allows all the players to see the play-call at the same time.
    That's an interesting take allowing the D to have a few extra secs to prepare. No more no huddle hurry up for fiddy six minutes but I don't see it happening unless the NFL Led the way. Players ARE Indeed faking to give breathers and either change hurry up rules or ones that would prevent defensive deception.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Waves View Post
    I hate all of this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I hate all of this.
    Well, it's either they somehow force the offense to slow down or allow the defense to substitute even if the offense does not. I don't see how they can punish a team for a faking an injury during the game with a penalty or ejection of the player. The only other way would be fining/suspensions of the coaching staff afterwards, but how do you prove that an injury such as a cramp or getting the wind knocked out of you was faked? The fake injury routine will become a tool in everyone's defenses to slow down the hurry up offenses until a solution is found.