Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watching the Citrus Bowl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Yeah, they "whooped" them by 3. We squeaked by UK 31-17...
    If we are going to allow one game to define our seasons, we maroon faithful might find ourselves in a bad spot. Which of our losses speak most to who we are? The last one?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We had more NFL talent and they haven?t had a good QB yet.
    You know what I mean

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    LOL at people who try to apply a transitive property to football. We beat aTm who beat Alabama who beat UGA. Ipso facto, we are better than UGA.
    No one is saying that. They were 6-3 after three straight losses to teams with a winning record. Congrats to them for finishing the season by beating Vandy, New Mexico St and Louisville (52-51). They did what they needed to do, but they are in no way head and shoulders ahead of our bleak program. Lolz. Y'all are just Leach haters who will take any opportunity to sh*t on him and our team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    If we are going to allow one game to define our seasons, we maroon faithful might find ourselves in a bad spot. Which of our losses speak most to who we are? The last one?
    Nah, we had a pretty depleted team. I'd say the OM loss. Tons of opportunities missed. And the NC St, TAM and Auburn wins were pretty good wins too.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    No one is saying that. They were 6-3 after three straight losses to teams with a winning record. Congrats to them for finishing the season by beating Vandy, New Mexico St and Louisville (52-51). They did what they needed to do, but they are in no way head and shoulders ahead of our bleak program. Lolz. Y'all are just Leach haters who will take any opportunity to sh*t on him and our team.
    This all day. We are currently in year 1.5 of a completely new scheme offensively and defensively. Last year was our spring season and it showed. This year our basement on wins was 6-7 and around 8-9 ceiling. Had a few things gone our way or our kicker not tried to be He-man on kickoffs we easily win 9 and most likely 10 games. That?s how close a 7 win team on paper is to a 9-10 win team.

Just because the left hand column doesn?t match other program wins in 2021, the eye test and teams we did beat shows that we have the potential to be chasing 9-10 wins for the foreseeable future. Just need some good fortune.

vCash
    Nah, we had a pretty depleted team. I'd say the OM loss. Tons of opportunities missed. And the NC St, TAM and Auburn wins were pretty good wins too.
    Who was missing that changes the outcome in the Liberty? Cumbie owned us scheming against Leach. Maybe they don?t beat us by 27, but that was a very eye opening game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    This all day. We are currently in year 1.5 of a completely new scheme offensively and defensively. Last year was our spring season and it showed. This year our basement on wins was 6-7 and around 8-9 ceiling. Had a few things gone our way or our kicker not tried to be He-man on kickoffs we easily win 9 and most likely 10 games. That?s how close a 7 win team on paper is to a 9-10 win team.

Just because the left hand column doesn?t match other program wins in 2021, the eye test and teams we did beat shows that we have the potential to be chasing 9-10 wins for the foreseeable future. Just need some good fortune.
    I don?t think there?s as much pedal left as you guys do. I hope you?re right, but I think this is what CML AirRaid is. And it?s not 1.5. Let?s drop the bs on that. We just finished year 2.

vCash
    Who was missing that changes the outcome in the Liberty? Cumbie owned us scheming against Leach. Maybe they don?t beat us by 27, but that was a very eye opening game.
    Yeah, Leach's system obviously won't work. Ppl said early on that we'd barely win 4, we could've, should've won 9 games this year. His system will live and die with the QB and Will was very much off thanks in part to both tackles being out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post

Yeah, that's why I don't understand all the doom and gloom. We lost 3 games by a FG or less - one of which the SEC admitted was stolen by the refs - in year 2 of a major program shift. I think a lot of the doom and gloom is more about OM having a good season and us losing to them than about anything else. Too many people focus too much on those asshats.

vCash
    Yeah, Leach's system obviously won't work. Ppl said early on that we'd barely win 4, we could've, should've won 9 games this year. His system will live and die with the QB and Will was very much off thanks in part to both tackles being out.
    Wasn't there a poll at the beginning of the season on wins and losses?

vCash
    See, you are an all or nothing. Will it work? Yeah. UK has run it. OM ran it. We run it. Is it an improvement to CDM always run? Eh. Leach speaks to his system not needing elite athletes to run it. Hopefully our recruiting gets better athletes into the program, but when you don?t feel that you need them, you become one of 2 P5 teams recruiting a QB.
    No one says- AirRaid doesn?t work. Sure it does, sometimes. Just like most other offenses work sometimes. You?re not one of those that believes that it?s unstoppable, are you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Wasn't there a poll at the beginning of the season on wins and losses?
    Sorry, I don't recall. But I remember a thread where the "sunshine pumpers" were trying to find 6 wins and many on this very thread scoffed and said the bowl streak was over. C34 said we'd win 4 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Yeah, that's why I don't understand all the doom and gloom. We lost 3 games by a FG or less - one of which the SEC admitted was stolen by the refs - in year 2 of a major program shift. I think a lot of the doom and gloom is more about OM having a good season and us losing to them than about anything else. Too many people focus too much on those asshats.
    You nailed it right there. The last 2 games were obviously disappointing but if you take an overview you can see we are on an upward trajectory. Also there's been a lot of threads/posts on here the last week about how good om is which is really odd to me.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 01-01-2022 at 06:08 PM.

vCash
    Sorry, I don't recall. But I remember a thread where the "sunshine pumpers" were trying to find 6 wins and many on this very thread scoffed and said the bowl streak was over. C34 said we'd win 4 games.
    I figured we?d win 6, so 7 was a plus. I just didn?t figure on beating A&M or Aubbie.

vCash
    See, you are an all or nothing. Will it work? Yeah. UK has run it. OM ran it. We run it. Is it an improvement to CDM always run? Eh. Leach speaks to his system not needing elite athletes to run it. Hopefully our recruiting gets better athletes into the program, but when you don?t feel that you need them, you become one of 2 P5 teams recruiting a QB.
    No one says- AirRaid doesn?t work. Sure it does, sometimes. Just like most other offenses work sometimes. You?re not one of those that believes that it?s unstoppable, are you?
    Boy, you must be bored because you are really reaching now. No, I don't think it's unstoppable. And Leach's teams always have head-scratching losses. Anywho... thanks for making this thread about how UK is head and shoulders better than us, into a Leach bashing/defending thread. We needed more of that.

vCash
    I remember that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    We also had a 1-pt win over La Tech and 4-pt win over aTm, so we coulda had 2 more losses too.

I thought we had a solid season though. I expected 6 to start the season, so I'm happy with the season minus the disaster bowl

vCash
    Boy, you must be bored because you are really reaching now. No, I don't think it's unstoppable. And Leach's teams always have head-scratching losses. Anywho... thanks for making this thread about how UK is head and shoulders better than us, into a Leach bashing/defending thread. We needed more of that.
    I was discussing the game. I didn?t start defending UK until several on here wanted to shit on their 10 win season using foolish arguments. One could say that you caused it to become the thread that it did. 😉

vCash
    Delete. It's been discussed what I posted.
    Last edited by Bdawg; 01-01-2022 at 06:09 PM.

vCash
    I was discussing the game. I didn?t start defending UK until several on here wanted to shit on their 10 win season using foolish arguments. One could say that you caused it to become the thread that it did. ��
    Atta boy for defending UK. And I congratulated them at 6-3 for "whooping" Vandy, NMST and Louisville to get to 9 wins. And congrats on beating one team with a winning record.