Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Watching the Citrus Bowl

vCash
    Wish we had Whittingham. His scheme fits us and our recruiting area. Not sure why he isn't mentioned for more premier job openings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Wish we had Whittingham. His scheme fits us and our recruiting area. Not sure why he isn't mentioned for more premier job openings.
    Kyle's a devout Mormon. All his family is there. He's home.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Turfdawg67;1400299]Atta boy for defending UK. And I congratulated them at 6-3 for "whooping" Vandy, NMST and Louisville to get to 9 wins. And congrats on beating one team with a winning record.[QUOTE=Turfdawg67;1400299]

I?m not big on shitting on something just because we couldn?t/didn?t do it. Our inability to accomplish/lack of desire doesn?t have to be transitive in tearing down another program. Instead of painting it as a good win for us, you wanted to diminish it. One can not achieve more until he is willing to see his own shortcomings, wanting to improve himself rather than tear down someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Kyle's a devout Mormon. All his family is there. He's home.
    Ahh, didn't know that, makes Sense then

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Atta boy for defending UK. And I congratulated them at 6-3 for "whooping" Vandy, NMST and Louisville to get to 9 wins. And congrats on beating one team with a winning record.
    DILLY, DILLY !!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We also had a 1-pt win over La Tech and 4-pt win over aTm, so we coulda had 2 more losses too.

I thought we had a solid season though. I expected 6 to start the season, so I'm happy with the season minus the disaster bowl
    I figure that puts us right about where we are. Most expected 5-6 wins. So probably better than expected. Just blew the bowl game for 8. Would be a lot of different attitudes on here had we won the bowl game. But we shit the bed, so here we are. I go back to what I said in the beginning, year 3 under Leach is where we should see how our future is going. I'm not changing my stance. With Covid year being year 1, I think overall his year 2 was a little better than expected. He just left a bad taste in our mouth to end it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    DILLY, DILLY !!!!!!!!!!!
    Isn?t that what all the frat boy douche bags at OM used to say? 😂

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Ahh, didn't know that, makes Sense then
    Kyle is in one of those unique situations. A Place where all his family lives, a great job and well respected and plenty of money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Kyle is in one of those unique situations. A Place where all his family lives, a great job and well respected and plenty of money.
    And probably has a lifetime contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I figure that puts us right about where we are. Most expected 5-6 wins. So probably better than expected. Just blew the bowl game for 8. Would be a lot of different attitudes on here had we won the bowl game. But we shit the bed, so here we are. I go back to what I said in the beginning, year 3 under Leach is where we should see how our future is going. I'm not changing my stance. With Covid year being year 1, I think overall his year 2 was a little better than expected. He just left a bad taste in our mouth to end it.
    This is the rational outlook.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Dak Holliday;1400303][QUOTE=Turfdawg67;1400299]Atta boy for defending UK. And I congratulated them at 6-3 for "whooping" Vandy, NMST and Louisville to get to 9 wins. And congrats on beating one team with a winning record.

I?m not big on shitting on something just because we couldn?t/didn?t do it. Our inability to accomplish/lack of desire doesn?t have to be transitive in tearing down another program. Instead of painting it as a good win for us, you wanted to diminish it. One can not achieve more until he is willing to see his own shortcomings, wanting to improve himself rather than tear down someone else.
    The flip side of that is not tearing down our own program when they did better than most fans and media predicted.

Here's the deal - outside of Bama and UGA on the high end, and Vandy on the low, the SEC is a margin of error league. There really isn't much separation between 2-6 and 6-2 in league play. Kentucky is a great example - they were 4-6 in the SEC last year. They upgraded 1 position, had a weak schedule, and had 3 wins by a TD or less including a squeaker 28-23 over Chattanooga - a game they were losing in the fourth quarter. Saying that doesn't discount their 10 wins, or the fact that Stoops is a very good coach who has built a strong program. It shows how tight the league is for teams 3-13.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    And probably has a lifetime contract.
    They'll keep him as long as he wants to coach.

vCash
    [QUOTE=BrunswickDawg;1400315][QUOTE=Dak Holliday;1400303]
    Atta boy for defending UK. And I congratulated them at 6-3 for "whooping" Vandy, NMST and Louisville to get to 9 wins. And congrats on beating one team with a winning record.

The flip side of that is not tearing down our own program when they did better than most fans and media predicted.

Here's the deal - outside of Bama and UGA on the high end, and Vandy on the low, the SEC is a margin of error league. There really isn't much separation between 2-6 and 6-2 in league play. Kentucky is a great example - they were 4-6 in the SEC last year. They upgraded 1 position, had a weak schedule, and had 3 wins by a TD or less including a squeaker 28-23 over Chattanooga - a game they were losing in the fourth quarter. Saying that doesn't discount their 10 wins, or the fact that Stoops is a very good coach who has built a strong program. It shows how tight the league is for teams 3-13.
    I don?t disagree. I typically attempt to ask questions that lead to the point I?m making. I am not tearing down our program because I debate some on here?s ?reality?. We achieved better than I thought in the season by 1 game. Said that most all year. I have also maintained that my biggest issue with Leach is that one dimensional football typically isn?t worth the trade offs that come with it, especially through the air. Most coaches will tell you if you have 2 plays that both have the potential to gain 3 yards reliably, 1 pass/ 1 run, and you need 3 yards, you typically run because it?s the lower risk of the 2. I have also been one of the few that says AirRaid will work, but only to a certain degree. It will also be hard to watch as often as it is fun.
    Again, I agree that the non elite SEC is more competitive than typical this year. If the ones that should be elite take their places, the struggle will be more real.

vCash
    [QUOTE=BrunswickDawg;1400315][QUOTE=Dak Holliday;1400303]

Not to mention a couple bulls*** ref calls against us. I mean that horrible AR call on fourth down directly cost us the game(and please no one go down the rabbit hole of kicking and other plays to be made). We made the play to win it and it was stolen from us. We would at least be sitting here 8-5 based on ONE call alone.
    Last edited by Bdawg; 01-01-2022 at 07:08 PM.

vCash
    Maybe it?s the conversation everywhere, but MSU and OM seem to have more games stolen from them by refs, according to our fanbases, than any other teams in the country.

vCash
    No AD before him has taken us to the football promised land. No AD before him won a NC in any sport.
    Top 10 Football Finish > Baseball Natty. Lack of a Baseball Natty just proves how incompetent Polk2 and Cohen were. Costal Carolina won a Natty in Baseball just 5 years ago.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 01-01-2022 at 07:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Top 10 Football Finish > Baseball Natty.
    Lee, did you mean to post this? 😂