Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Today's severe weather threat

vCash
    Sun is shining and the thermometer is reading close to 80 degrees in NW Alabama. Beautiful day minus the wind. Hopefully that warm air doesn't spell trouble for later.

vCash
    Damage earlier across Memphis. Not sure, but possibly straight line winds. Large trees down, some on homes, power lines down with some poles snapped in half, even a ground-mount metal basketball goal post bent in half. Last report between 5 & 6 thousand still without power. Some of the damage is in the areas of Perkins, Mendenhall, Walnut Grove & Chickasaw. Not sure of the timing of this wind event.

vCash
    So far the cap has held which aligned with the more recent higher resolution models.

There's been some eroding of it in a few places but so far the cap has kept a lid on storm development.

Banned
    vCash
    Just went from 70 to 47 and wind from zero to 30 in about 10 minutes here in Fort Worth getting down to 24 tonight. Cant believe we flirted with 80 all week long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Just went from 70 to 47 and wind from zero to 30 in about 10 minutes here in Fort Worth getting down to 24 tonight. Cant believe we flirted with 80 all week long.
    Yeah. Here in Nashville I was fishing yesterday. Snow is predicted for tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Hope they have put de icing on all those Bird killing machines out in west TX.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Hope they have put de icing on all those Bird killing machines out in west TX.
    Wouldn?t have mattered if the EPA had allowed the natural gas plants to run at full capacity before the outages. The Texas ERCOT asked for an emergency waiver when they saw the turbines going out and asked the Federal Government for a temporary emergency waiver to juice up their horrible clean burning natural gas plants. EPA rule for Texas says something along the lines of ?if you increase hydrocarbon energy production you also have to increase so called renewable energy by an equal amount.?

They were not allowed to ramp up to keep the grid up and it went down.

And speaking of renewable energy, the process of the earth making oil/nat gas is the original renewable energy. Been going on for millions of years and will continue as long as there is organic matter living on earth, particularly the oceans. Anyone interested should dig into it. We haven?t even tapped into a small portion of what?s been made, let alone the oil and gas continuously being made by the earth. By definition of renewable, that fits it to a T.
    Last edited by RougeDawg; 01-01-2022 at 05:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Wouldn?t have mattered if the EPA had allowed the natural gas plants to run at full capacity before the outages. The Texas ERCOT asked for an emergency waiver when they saw the turbines going out and asked the Federal Government for a temporary emergency waiver to juice up their horrible clean burning natural gas plants. EPA rule for Texas says something along the lines of ?if you increase hydrocarbon energy production you also have to increase so called renewable energy by an equal amount.?

And speaking of renewable energy, the process of the earth making oil/nat gas is the original renewable energy. Been going on for millions of years and will continue as long as there is organic matter living on earth, particularly the oceans. Anyone interested should dig into it. We haven?t even tapped into a small portion of what?s been made, let alone the oil and gas continuously being made by the earth. By definition of renewable, that fits it to a T.

I agree with what you said, but, of course, Al Gore and his pocketbook would not.
    * Foghorn Leghorn-isms *

> about as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal.

> more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind.

> gettin so deep the farmers have to jack up the cows so they can milk em.

> making more noise than a couple of skeletons dancing on a tin roof.

vCash

So

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    I agree with what you said, but, of course, Al Gore and his pocketbook would not.
    Are we in the clear in North central MS??

Ventusky shows nothing barely coming through.

vCash
    Y'all don't get the weather thread locked. Focus.....focus.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Y'all don't get the weather thread locked. Focus.....focus.....
    True .... Apologies .... Tornado warning now, for Columbus .... All of you, in the path, prayers for your safety!
    * Foghorn Leghorn-isms *

vCash
    Well I?m a part time Monroe county resident during deer season. Hunt on some old family farm land. Been coming up in these parts over 35 years.
    Gotcha. I live in Amory and work in the Aberdeen area so I'm very familiar with that area. I was thinking, if I'm not mistaken, that you lived in the Philadelphia/Nehshoba County area but I may be wrong.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Severe threat starting to wind down. Front is now pushing through the state. And before you ask, I have no idea why things busted. The cap broke so storms should have immediately gone severe but they just didn't. They tried. I'll at least give them that. Did see a couple wall clouds but that was it. But between not seeing any really good storms and my live stream laying a hot steaming corn filled deuce on the mattress, this was a pretty forgettable chase.

vCash

Well I was going to add something but then I would be breaking my selfimposed rule of no politics. But you are on the correct track!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Severe threat starting to wind down. Front is now pushing through the state. And before you ask, I have no idea why things busted. The cap broke so storms should have immediately gone severe but they just didn't. They tried. I'll at least give them that. Did see a couple wall clouds but that was it. But between not seeing any really good storms and my live stream laying a hot steaming corn filled deuce on the mattress, this was a pretty forgettable chase.

Not a complete bust. You now have 724 subscribers ..... WooHoo! 🙌

vCash
    Not a complete bust. You now have 724 subscribers ..... WooHoo! 🙌
    Only 276 more to go to get to 1000.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 01-01-2022 at 09:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Only 276.

??
    * Foghorn Leghorn-isms *

vCash
    ??
    They only need 276 to get to the 1000 subscribers they need

vCash
    There was some damage in the Huntsville metro, but not sure how bad. Also not sure if it was tornado or straight line winds, but there was a tornado warning at the time. My neighborhood siren didn't sound, and we were at the center of the warning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    They only need 276 to get to the 1000 subscribers they need

I swear I am beginning to worry about myself today. I only read, only 276. Good grief! Sorry Commerce. My Alzheimer?s must be acting up today. 🥴
    * Foghorn Leghorn-isms *