Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would an Ole Miss win in the Sugar Bowl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lord knows I love to criticize our leaders, but I just don't get the Cohen hate. The big 3 sports here are all good in a lower level sec program.
    Agreed. Baseball is elite, football we are a middle of the pack sec team(took us years to get to this level), basketball is good. The other programs have been good as well. No matter who the AD is there are always gonna be people who hate them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I would not give up our Natty in 'baseball to go to the Sugar Bowl in football this year. They are the third place team and Baylor is not a guarantee win for them. Baylor can light thier defense up.
    Also Baylor's defense is pretty good too and Arranda knows what kiffin runs and has had lots of time to game plan.

vCash
    Nick Saban could retire and then come out of retirement and Cohen hire him and a lot of you on this board would say he hired a washed out old man after we lost a few games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Nick Saban could retire and then come out of retirement and Cohen hire him and a lot of you on this board would say he hired a washed out old man after we lost a few games.
    Truth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I would not give up our Natty in 'baseball to go to the Sugar Bowl in football this year. They are the third place team and Baylor is not a guarantee win for them. Baylor can light thier defense up.
    100%. We are Nation Champions!!!! Damn that sounds great!!!

vCash
    Got no problem with Cohen. He and Keenum need to get the fan base excited about College football again!! Need money to spend money!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Got no problem with Cohen. He and Keenum need to get the fan base excited about College football again!! Need money to spend money!!!
    Only leech can do this. And he's not doing a very good job at this point. Small steps hopefully lead to bigger steps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Only leech can do this. And he's not doing a very good job at this point. Small steps hopefully lead to bigger steps.
    Leach is working on it. The nil is starting to get organized. The deals we have setup for these incoming players is pretty dang good and what helped us get the class we got and there's more on the way. Also Leach is getting former players involved with recruitment. KJ Wright was huge in getting one of our top targets. Leach is doing more work in getting recruiting organized and making sure "things" are in place than any coach we've had since JWS so cut him a little slack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Leach is working on it. The nil is starting to get organized. The deals we have setup for these incoming players is pretty dang good and what helped us get the class we got and there's more on the way. Also Leach is getting former players involved with recruitment. KJ Wright was huge in getting one of our top targets. Leach is doing more work in getting recruiting organized and making sure "things" are in place than any coach we've had since JWS so cut him a little slack.
    I agree. That's small steps. But showings like our last two games, especially the bowl game, are steps back. We can take Ls but looking like we never got off the bus has got to stop. That effort Tuesday was Moorehead-level bad and stole all the momentum we had gained thru recruiting. Especially momentum that was building in the fanbase. A huge showing in that game is a direct correlation to excitement leading to next season along with season ticket sales. Leech has got to get better as a coach and he has to realize this.

vCash
    I agree. That's small steps. But showings like our last two games, especially the bowl game, are steps back. We can take Ls but looking like we never got off the bus has got to stop. That effort Tuesday was Moorehead-level bad and stole all the momentum we had gained thru recruiting. Especially momentum that was building in the fanbase. A huge showing in that game is a direct correlation to excitement leading to next season along with season ticket sales. Leech has got to get better as a coach and he has to realize this.
    I 100% agree with you. A bowl win would've been huge to keep momentum going for the spring and fan excitement, and the loss was a huge disappointment. Like you said we're taking small steps. Overall though i feel
    like we're headed in the right direction. We've got some more players we're gonna add and getting better players can only help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I 100% agree with you. A bowl win would've been huge to keep momentum going for the spring and fan excitement, and the loss was a huge disappointment. Like you said we're taking small steps. Overall though i feel
    like we're headed in the right direction. We've got some more players we're gonna add and getting better players can only help.
    I agree. I was so pumped after that first round of recruiting. I was actually thinking about buying season tickets and I live in Texas. If we would have made it a close game Tuesday, I probably still feel that way. But man that was gut wrenching.

vCash
    I agree. I was so pumped after that first round of recruiting. I was actually thinking about buying season tickets and I live in Texas. If we would have made it a close game Tuesday, I probably still feel that way. But man that was gut wrenching.
    Yeah it sucked big time. Worst game we played all year.

vCash
    Cohen needs to do what Stricklin did before they started to build the new baseball stadium and have town hall meetings throughout the state and areas where we have a lot of alumni. Because there is a disconnect between the athletic administration and the fan base when it comes to football, expectations, and what the fans want vs what Cohen and the AD apparently perceive that we want.

It's not just team performance that matters- which it certainly does and is the most important factor to be sure. But it's also not the only factor.

If you want to help create excitement and build fan loyalty little things like wearing a new updated interlocking MSU, having the end zones painted, not playing the Egg Bowl every Thanksgiving- those are things that the athletic department needs to do to help unalienate our fans. Not to mention the gameday experience has been essentially a rehashing of 2014 and it has gotten completely stale. Same ads, same gimmicks- we always know when the fan of the game happens, when the kiss cam comes on, and the guess which Bully is hiding the helmet game. Change those things up. Add new things and make it more random so it's not always the same. They can keep things like Kiss Cam and etc. but just change things up. And take Richard Schwartz's sorry Ole Miss ass off of the videoboard. I mean seriously. Also- more video content including a football show like Relentless.

I'll give them credit for having better gameday food options and the parking was the best it's ever been this year so someone is listening.

Also these townhall meetings would be a great time to talk about recruiting and the NIL. Great time for us to get organized since Bracky won't be a threat to self report us anymore. We also need to get more private trainers that are former MSU players. We're at a big time disadvantage there as D1 sports was basically founded by a former Ole Miss player. How we should increase our recruiting budget and what it should be.

And the athletic department needs to listen and stop making excuses for not doing what it takes and for not catering to the fans more than they do. Stop with "We sold the copyright, it takes a long time to edit a football show, the players will slip on the paint in the end zone, we wear those ugly ass uniforms that everyone makes fun of because the players like them and for recruiting, we don't have enough money for recruiting" excuses one after the other.

Cohen, Leach, and the other athletic officials all need to be there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Cohen needs to do what Stricklin did before they started to build the new baseball stadium and have town hall meetings throughout the state and areas where we have a lot of alumni. Because there is a disconnect between the athletic administration and the fan base when it comes to football, expectations, and what the fans want vs what Cohen and the AD apparently perceive that we want.

It's not just team performance that matters- which it certainly does and is the most important factor to be sure. But it's also not the only factor.

If you want to help create excitement and build fan loyalty little things like wearing a new updated interlocking MSU, having the end zones painted, not playing the Egg Bowl every Thanksgiving- those are things that the athletic department needs to do to help unalienate our fans. Not to mention the gameday experience has been essentially a rehashing of 2014 and it has gotten completely stale. Same ads, same gimmicks- we always know when the fan of the game happens, when the kiss cam comes on, and the guess which Bully is hiding the helmet game. Change those things up. Add new things and make it more random so it's not always the same. They can keep things like Kiss Cam and etc. but just change things up. And take Richard Schwartz's sorry Ole Miss ass off of the videoboard. I mean seriously. Also- more video content including a football show like Relentless.

I'll give them credit for having better gameday food options and the parking was the best it's ever been this year so someone is listening.

Also these townhall meetings would be a great time to talk about recruiting and the NIL. Great time for us to get organized since Bracky won't be a threat to self report us anymore. We also need to get more private trainers that are former MSU players. We're at a big time disadvantage there as D1 sports was basically founded by a former Ole Miss player. How we should increase our recruiting budget and what it should be.

And the athletic department needs to listen and stop making excuses for not doing what it takes and for not catering to the fans more than they do. Stop with "We sold the copyright, it takes a long time to edit a football show, the players will slip on the paint in the end zone, we wear those ugly ass uniforms that everyone makes fun of because the players like them and for recruiting, we don't have enough money for recruiting" excuses one after the other.

Cohen, Leach, and the other athletic officials all need to be there.
    Good stuff, Todd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    They don't have too. They've been to 2 sugar bowls in the past 12 years. I've been waiting 50 years for us to go to one.
    We got unlucky the year we went to the Orange Bowl.. the sugar was a playoff game that year..

vCash
    I am not a greedy man, i just ask that our football program achieve a 10 win regular season every 4-6 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    I am not a greedy man, i just ask that our football program achieve a 10 win regular season every 4-6 years.
    Thank God Cohen hired us a coach whose had an 11-win season at two different schools with tougher recruiting situations than we have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Thank God Cohen hired us a coach whose had an 11-win season at two different schools with tougher recruiting situations than we have.
    My post wasn't anti Leach. Hopefully he can

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    7-9 wins a year and beat OM more than they beat us..
    That’s as realistic in today’s football landscape as we should be. It just is what it is..

And as shitty as most of you feel about our program and I agree the Liberty bowl was a total shit show we had a shot to win every game except for Bama
    I will take that every year ...

So maybe we aren’t as far away as most think , maybe we are trending in the right direction. We had a solid recruiting class and we return a lot of good pieces.. we need a couple of impact portal transfers and let’s ****ing go.!!

Year 3 is a HUGE year for our program and for CML going forward

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    I may be off on this but weren?t we slated to the Sugar Bow slot in 2014 NY6 bowls had it not been in the rotation for the playoffs? Playoffs were Rose and Sugar I believe. We went to Orange bowl and Don drowned our season in orange juice.

I could be way off but had we beaten OM in 14 we had a shot at the Sugar outright. Just another turd in the Merlin toilet.

Eta. I had completely forgotten the asshat KlanSharts were even playing in it, and even live in Nola.