Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would an Ole Miss win in the Sugar Bowl

vCash

Would an Ole Miss win in the Sugar Bowl

Giving them an 11 win season and probably a Top 5 or 6 ranking wake John Cohen up with regards to Football, or does he just not believe Mississippi State can achieve those kind of goals in Football?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Giving them an 11 win season and probably a Top 5 or 6 ranking wake John Cohen up with regards to Football, or does he just not believe Mississippi State can achieve those kind of goals in Football?
    What experience does JC have in his past that would prepare him to grow an SEC football team? I don't know of any. He is good at baseball, that is where his experience is. I'm sure all of us have heard him on baseball broadcasts in the past, his knowledge of the game is amazing, and I really like listening to him. I don't think he has the necessary background to do it in football. Keenum is not going to hold his feet to the fire. Unless the fans throw a shit fit, nothing will change. We have regressed IMO.
    Last edited by IMissJack; 12-31-2021 at 08:22 PM.

vCash
    Cohen doesnt know that he doesnt know. Cant understand something you have no knowledge or understanding of. We still operate like its the 80s and 90s?hire our friends and family. Dont look at how others do things and especially arent looking to be innovative.

It?s like your grandparents being astonished at all the things smartphones can do and then saying ?keep those things away from me. I will never be able to figure that out?

vCash
    Lord knows I love to criticize our leaders, but I just don't get the Cohen hate. The big 3 sports here are all good in a lower level sec program.

vCash
    The fact that he fired Moorhead after 2 years and 2 bowls and paid $5M to poach a top 10 national coach shows that he already is "awoken" to football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lord knows I love to criticize our leaders, but I just don't get the Cohen hate. The big 3 sports here are all good in a lower level sec program.
    We are talking football. Is football better than when he took over? Is the fan experience better? Are donations up? The big 3 are not equal, football is more like 70%, baseball 20%, basketball 10% at MSU. We better take care of the cash cow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    We are talking football. Is football better than when he took over? Is the fan experience better? Are donations up? The big 3 are not equal, football is more like 70%, baseball 20%, basketball 10% at MSU. We better take care of the cash cow.
    Is it better than mullen who was the best we ever had? Probably not. We certainly aren't trash though in the premier conference in the country

vCash
    Ole Miss is loaded with 6th year seniors. 14 of them start. They will not follow up next season.

vCash
    Just have to hope that Cohen is doing a lot of behind the scenes work and evaluation for our next coaching search.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Ole Miss is loaded with 6th year seniors. 14 of them start. They will not follow up next season.
    I wouldn't care if we had 55 6th year seniors... 11 wins and a sugar bowl
    Win is pretty awesome

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Just have to hope that Cohen is doing a lot of behind the scenes work and evaluation for our next coaching search.
    I don't expect Cohen to evaluate football coaching talent on his own. There are consultants for that too. What I do expect, is for him and his staff to generate fan interest and money so that the necessary investments can be made when the time comes.

vCash
    They don't have too. They've been to 2 sugar bowls in the past 12 years. I've been waiting 50 years for us to go to one.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Is it better than mullen who was the best we ever had? Probably not. We certainly aren't trash though in the premier conference in the country
    Agree - leach will leave here more accomplished than mullin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    Agreed

vCash
    That would great

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    One thing I have noticed is their fans are unloading a bunch of tickets. Not sure if it's Covid or what, but they are trying to get rid of a bunch. I do know their ticket office screwed over a bunch of folks by only allotting two tickets per order to let the big money folks have more. Very Scott Stricklinish

vCash
    If I was a betting man, I would take that bet. First, Leach will not make it 9 years. Second Leach will never have State at #1 in the CFP standings let alone for 5 straight weeks. Third, if he plans on starting Rogers at QB for 4 years, he will not have any QB depth left on the team. This Spring he should have legitimate open QB competition with no one getting more reps than the other once he sets the Top 3 in the first week of camp!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    If I was a betting man, I would take that bet. First, Leach will not make it 9 years. Second Leach will never have State at #1 in the CFP standings let alone for 5 straight weeks. Third, if he plans on starting Rogers at QB for 4 years, he will not have any QB depth left on the team. This Spring he should have legitimate open QB competition with no one getting more reps than the other once he sets the Top 3 in the first week of camp!
    This

vCash
    ^^^This^^^

vCash
    I wouldn't care if we had 55 6th year seniors... 11 wins and a sugar bowl
    Win is pretty awesome
    I would not give up our Natty in 'baseball to go to the Sugar Bowl in football this year. They are the third place team and Baylor is not a guarantee win for them. Baylor can light thier defense up.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 12-31-2021 at 10:38 PM.