Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer/Leaving Team

vCash

Transfer/Leaving Team

vCash
    Will we be able to slow down a pass attack next season?

vCash
    It never ceases to amaze me the guys who get bad advice that are in our program. Beni Brown, De?Runnya, Kobe Jones, Marquis Spencer, ET, and now Peters. The problem with our ?network? is we aren?t retaining these guys unlike other SEC programs who are. I am fine with guys who declare early that are top 3 round draft picks, but we are losing guys who aren?t even getting drafted and that could help us the next year. Our network needs to do a better job at this.

vCash
    Who is advising these guys!!! Can't they send in for a draft grade and get "good" info back from the nfl side??? Why wouldn't they use this info for their decision?!?!?!?

vCash
    It's cool, BJ Foster will be taking his spot anyway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    It's cool, BJ Foster will be taking his spot anyway
    Hope you are right.

vCash
    He was a SR... he got three years here coming from JUCO.. was expected.

vCash
    Why would he stay? He's smart to move on. We need to get better at safety. And we will.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Fred has been in college 5 years with a degree & working on a masters. He's done enough school & coming back next year isn't raising his draft profile.

vCash
    Fred was a fine player and a starter this year for a reason, but if we're a program that has ANY issue replacing a guy like Fred Peters we need to collectively lower our expectations as to what we're trying to do here.

vCash
    He will either land a job related to his degree or he might can play in the CFL. He is not an NFL player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Fred has been in college 5 years with a degree & working on a masters. He's done enough school & coming back next year isn't raising his draft profile.
    Exactly. Some people just look at and say why can't we keep him instead they don't know the kid has been in juco and at State forever. Gotta start your life sometimes although Fred won't be doing it on an nfl roster. Kudos to him for getting his degree and masters. Smart young man.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 12-30-2021 at 03:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me the guys who get bad advice that are in our program. Beni Brown, De?Runnya, Kobe Jones, Marquis Spencer, ET, and now Peters. The problem with our ?network? is we aren?t retaining these guys unlike other SEC programs who are. I am fine with guys who declare early that are top 3 round draft picks, but we are losing guys who aren?t even getting drafted and that could help us the next year. Our network needs to do a better job at this.
    Drawing a blank on ET, but I think all of those except for DeRunya had degrees when they left.

Kobe Jones Redshirted and then played 4 years and 50 games. Marquis Spencer played a lot as a true freshman in 2016 and then took a RS year as a junior because of injury. He played in 51 games over five years.

Beniquez was smart. I highly doubt he thought he was likely to make an NFL roster. He just didn't want to stick around for a 5th year. I think I would have wanted another year of playing, but it wasn't going to increase his chances in the NFL and I guess he was just tired of football at that point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Drawing a blank on ET, but I think all of those except for DeRunya had degrees when they left.

Kobe Jones Redshirted and then played 4 years and 50 games. Marquis Spencer played a lot as a true freshman in 2016 and then took a RS year as a junior because of injury. He played in 51 games over five years.

Beniquez was smart. I highly doubt he thought he was likely to make an NFL roster. He just didn't want to stick around for a 5th year. I think I would have wanted another year of playing, but it wasn't going to increase his chances in the NFL and I guess he was just tired of football at that point.
    Errol Thompson

vCash
    I give him props for playing hard in the Liberty Bowl. He seemed to be one of the very few we had that came to play.

vCash
    I can understand if he doesn't want to play ball anymore. Guess he's just thinking it's time to take a chance at the nfl or start a job. I can get that. But if it's football he wants to play, might as well stay at State. But I guess like his statement said, he's going to see what God has in store.

vCash
    If Fred stayed it would be his 6th year in school. He's ready to move on with his life. Can't say I blame him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Errol Thompson
    Then that's another guy that stayed here 5 years and played in 50 games.

I can certainly understand guys not wanting to stick around for a sixth year.

vCash
    Good luck to him/ He can always be like JT Gray who has had a roster spot with the Saints for the last 4 years. Get one as a special teamer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Good luck to him/ He can always be like JT Gray who has had a roster spot with the Saints for the last 4 years. Get one as a special teamer.
    JT a pro bowler this year too.