Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armondous Cooley....

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash

Armondous Cooley....

big DT from last year?s class (I think?), has announced he is entering the portal. I personally had high hopes for him.

https://twitter.com/armondous/status...866530304?s=21
    "When opportunity knocks, ask for two forms of ID, because it is probably just trouble in disguise" - Tickle #Discovery Channel

vCash
    I had high hopes too.

vCash
    Didn't register any stats this year. Interesting that he left after 1 year as a freshman.

vCash
    expecting several more. We will probably be able to bring in 31-32 recruits if we can find quality transfers/prospects.

vCash
    He is going to be 21 years old in January and never got on the field this year. We had LBs playing DL some in second half last night.

vCash
    In other news, Brandon Ruiz has decided to forego his last year and is taking his talents to the NFL.......

FH0Jxm-XwAUO9on.jpg
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    In other news, Brandon Ruiz has decided to forego his last year and is taking his talents to the NFL.......

FH0Jxm-XwAUO9on.jpg
    NFL Kicker is a pretty tough racket. Guess he didnt want to pursue a MSU Doctorate.

vCash
    Just have to keep filling voids!! All this transferring makes it hard to keep up with how many spots you have available. Hope we find suitable replacements. Feels like(tongue in cheek) this heading to every freshman will transfer unless they get decent playing time(because this is turning into a ME sport), so we might as well try to pick them up after their first stint with whatever college they choose. That way they have burned their first free transfer and they will be with you the rest of the way(unless they are good enough for the pros, in which they will opt out and leave you stranded). Man college football is pissing me off with all this junk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post

FH0Jxm-XwAUO9on.jpg
    Let’s Go Brandon!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Let’s Go Brandon!
    LOL......... Let's Go Brandon!!

vCash
    I thought he would be a really good player for us. Shame

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I thought he would be a really good player for us. Shame
    He was - when he was healthy. He was 24/24 on PATS in '20, and 10/12 on FGs - that's pretty dang good, especially compared to our history at the position. This year, he was 20/20 on PATS and 5/7 going into the Arky game with his misses being a 52 yarder against La Tech and a 47 yarder against UK. Again not bad, until he got hurt the second time against Arkansas and missed 2. We took a flier on a kid who had already missed 1 season due to an injury, and the injury bug got him twice this season. Sucks, but I wouldn't say he was a miss.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    If I am not mistaken Ruiz was hurt on kickoffs both times? if Goodman kicks off all year, we win several more games.

vCash
    So did Cooley think he would never make the field?

vCash

Wonder if he was encouraged???

Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    So did Cooley think he would never make the field?
    He did not get a snap at Liberty Bowl even with all the injuries and covids. We played a LB at DL in second half instead. Either coaches knew he was planning to leave and would not give him snaps or he has struggled that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg63 View Post
    He did not get a snap at Liberty Bowl even with all the injuries and covids. We played a LB at DL in second half instead. Either coaches knew he was planning to leave and would not give him snaps or he has struggled that bad.
    Yeah he should have hit the field for this bowl game with everyone out. Thought he was going to be decent. Just never know about these players.

vCash
    Cooley committed to Mississippi Southern Today.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    If I am not mistaken Ruiz was hurt on kickoffs both times? if Goodman kicks off all year, we win several more games.
    He was always way downfield trying to make tackles with 5-6 other teammates around the returner most Kickoffs. Recipe for disaster for any kicker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    He was - when he was healthy. He was 24/24 on PATS in '20, and 10/12 on FGs - that's pretty dang good, especially compared to our history at the position. This year, he was 20/20 on PATS and 5/7 going into the Arky game with his misses being a 52 yarder against La Tech and a 47 yarder against UK. Again not bad, until he got hurt the second time against Arkansas and missed 2. We took a flier on a kid who had already missed 1 season due to an injury, and the injury bug got him twice this season. Sucks, but I wouldn't say he was a miss.
    I was talking about Cooley.

Ruiz tapped out on us

vCash
    Ruiz is a quitter. Screw that guy. First adversity some of them face they bail. Some of these kids will have some hard lessons to learn in life.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)